Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

What are Zeus and Aphrodite even doing in this movie? They're not Norse but Greek.

- Last but not least, he confirmed once again that Chris Hemsworth is the main character of TLT.

Of course, that won't placate the YouTube culture warriors claiming that Thor is going to be "cucked" in this movie as part of the "Feminazi SJW Woke agenda".

On Thorsday, May 6th the Thor franchise celebrates it's 10th birthday.
And it marks exactly 1 year to the release of TLT. It would be cool if Marvel Studios released something fun to celebrate the past and just a snippet of whats to come.

And it marks exactly 1 year to the release of TLT. It would be cool if Marvel Studios released something fun to celebrate the past and just a snippet of whats to come.

Maybe they'll give us a deleted scene of Thor from "The Incredible Hulk Returns".

Would be cool but highly unlikely.

New Asgard or space?

the stone carvings remind me of those for the Odin memorial, seen in earlier photos

Man, this movie will rule so much next year! Probably the most stelar cast in an MCU movie so far and really, as Taika said, the potential to be the best.

Thor's myth and universe simply is the richest. I'm glad Taika said once again that Thor is the main character. :)

I was more excited for DSMoM - but after it is done filming, we still know nothing about it,
This cast is stellar...also they’ve got Taika.

Since we'll see Indigarr, it would be nice to see their Sky Lords!

Haven't been on this part of the forum since the last casting update (or maybe ever- not sure), but with Crowe revealing his role as Zeus, I wonder if he had an NDA, and if so does that mean he broke it? Would there be any ramifications at this point?

Haven't been on this part of the forum since the last casting update (or maybe ever- not sure), but with Crowe revealing his role as Zeus, I wonder if he had an NDA, and if so does that mean he broke it? Would there be any ramifications at this point?

I would say no, simply because the nature of the plot: with Gorr we already knew He would kill gods of other pantheons.

Since we'll see Indigarr, it would be nice to see their Sky Lords!
I had an idea for a scene because of them featuring Indigarr and possibly the story about it.

For those who don’t know and if I’m not mistaken, Indigarr was a inhospitable planet ruled by its ruthless Sky Lords who controlled over weather/rain... Gorr came in and wiped them out.

My idea for a nice scene would be that at some point latter on the film they go back to that desert planet and for example one could see a sad little girl praying for the skies for rain. Then we would see Thor hovering outside the planet, blue eyes and with lightning crackling around him, simply conjuring a massive lightning/rain storm that would engulf a whole area of the planet(seen from space), panning down to surface level with rain hitting the arid land, the water running down streams and affecting the flora/fauna... we could then see the little girl being so happy that the raindrops would wash her tears down her face. Then she would look to the sky and see what looked like a shooting star (Thor flying away), as the screen fades on a gentle smile in her face.

Last edited:
I had an idea for a scene because of them featuring Indigarr and possibly the story about it.

For those who don’t know and if I’m not mistaken, Indigarr was a inhospitable planet ruled by its ruthless Sky Lords who controlled over weather/rain... Gorr came in and wiped them out.

My idea for a nice scene would be that at some point latter on the film they go back to that desert planet and for example one could see a sad little girl praying for the skies for rain. Then we would see Thor hovering outside the planet, blue eyes and with lightning crackling around him, simply conjuring a massive lightning/rain storm that would engulf a whole area of the planet(seen from space), panning down to surface level with rain hitting the arid land, the water running down streams and affecting the flora/fauna... we could then see the little girl being so happy that the raindrops would wash her tears down her face. Then she would look to the sky and see what looked like a shooting star (Thor flying away), as the screen fades on a gentle smile in her face.

That would be an amazing scene!

I don‘t think he‘s part of the cast - he just lives in Australia with his Australian wife.
But never say never - SBC has a similar kind of humor like Taika and he‘s around not so far. Plus Taika Cohen probably wants to work at least once in his lifetime with Sacha Baron Cohen.

If he‘s in and not BRB, then Hercules would be my 2nd best guess

edit: this isn‘t probably something with big meaning for Thor L&T
Rita Ora has lunch with major names including Russell Crowe, Christian Bale, Isla Fisher, Sacha Baron Cohen, and Taika Waititi in Australia

Last edited:

I'd definitely want to see something like that. Taika already reintroduced godhood in Ragnarok, and that will obviously keep going when Gorr is the villain, so it makes perfect sense to do what Aaron did in his run and introduce prayer and that Thor goes around to act like a god (the mythical hero kind) to those that need him.

Yeah, it's nice to see that godhood exists also in the MCU, as it should be. These are special, unique beings. An aspect the enriches the MU and the MCU universes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"