Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

Besides the Olympians (at least with Zeus), which other pantheons would you like to see, even for a brief time?

Interview: Jason Aaron Discusses Heroes Reborn, 'Thor: Love and Thunder', And More! (Exclusive) - The DisInsider
DP: Now I would be kicking myself if I didn’t get a chance to ask you this, but by now, I’m sure you’ve heard that the next Thor film will be an adaptation of your storyline about Jane Foster and how she ultimately wields the hammer. How does that feel?

JA: It’s super great. It’s really exciting, of course. You know, that Jane Foster-Thor story is one of the things I’m most proud of from, obviously, not just from my time at Marvel, but really my whole career. I’m really proud of the story that I was able to tell, and I’ve been really blown away by the response that it’s gotten from people over the years. So yeah, I’m very excited for that story to be put in front of a wider audience. And I am a huge fan of Taika Waititi. Not just because of his previous Thor movie, but [because] I love Jojo Rabbit. That was one of my favorite movies of the last few years, so I’m really excited to see what he does with it. And you know, the fact that he’s bringing in Gorr, the God Butcher, the villain from my Thor: God of Thunder run makes me even more excited. So the idea that I, you know, dreamed up this character in my head, that ‘s now going to be played by by Christian Bale. Like, that’s all really cool. So I’m excited to see, again, whatever, all those those really talented people come up with, [it’s similar to] knowing that the story that I told with Russell Dauterman and Matt Wilson is there for anybody to go pick up and see how we handled it.

DP: So just to clarify, you haven’t been contacted as a consultant or anything, so you don’t know what to expect from the film, right?

JA: I mean, I’m not involved with the movie, but I know some of what to expect. I guess I had some conversations. And again, every everything I know just made me more excited to see what they do.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of Aaron, even though God of Thunder's Gorr arc and his final King Thor mini were some of the best Thor arcs I've ever read. Great to know He's excited from what He knows.

Now, in the future, we must see some of what Cates is doing with Thor. Loving All-Father Thor and the Galactus/Black Winter story was crazy. He has even crazier, bigger stuff planned for Thor, not to mention He'll have a long time writing the character, much like Aaron did!

It would the perfect time to introduce him. It would enrich the mythological side of the MCU and give Thor another cool ally, since they both have a big friendship.
Absolutely but unfortunately we haven't heard of a casting so I doubt he is in it.

Absolutely but unfortunately we haven't heard of a casting so I doubt he is in it.

Yeah, at least a mention would be nice. Other gods too, like Ares. I'm almost afraid they'll show many gods from the Greek pantheon killed by Gorr. It would give the movie a darker tone (of course Taika will give us many funny moments), which is fit to such a dark villain and story.

Yeah, at least a mention would be nice. Other gods too, like Ares. I'm almost afraid they'll show many gods from the Greek pantheon killed by Gorr. It would give the movie a darker tone (of course Taika will give us many funny moments), which is fit to such a dark villain and story.
I hope Here isn't killed by Gorr.

It’s exactly 1 year from release.
If the timings line up with Ragnarok:

Teaser Trailer - October to November 2021
Official Trailer - January to February 2022

d50b004760e4238858ffe5a510c42b24b27bdc2a.gifv

Last edited:
More like teaser in December and trailer in March - that was the schedule for the last May releases

That looks like a logo for an 80s cartoon show.

Said we'll have to wait so much... :(

I honesty don't think we will see anything until January.

then yo’ve never seen a MCU trailer on its release date - it was always in December or November (Infinity War) for a May release in the last 5 years.
For AoU it was even September

Supposed plot spoilers up on 4chan from a disgruntled Marvel employee lol.

Supposed plot spoilers up on 4chan from a disgruntled Marvel employee lol.
I’ve read it and form what we’ve heard and seen it’s fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"