Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I love the idea that New Asgard has become a tourist attraction. I mean, who wouldn't want to visit the place where a bunch of space Vikings are living?
Ha, this would happen in real life if it existed. :D

Man, I do want to see some flying ships in action... I love the mix of myhtical and technology created by Lee-Kirby!
Yeah, I love it too. It means nearly anything can fit into the Marvel universe, which is what makes so many different types of crossovers possible.

So supposedly we should’ve been entering the last week of filming but I’ve heard rumblings that there’s actually 3 weeks left of filming so let's see when they actually wrap up. That massive New Asgard set for example still looks very much in use and undergoing significant modifications as well.
Filming schedule:
Thor Ragnarok : July 4th to October 28th (3 months and 3 weeks)
Thor: Love & Thunder : January 26 to June ? (4 months and 3 weeks ? *)

* Plus 1 week in NY.
Spectulating about the movie running time for TLT i put all the Thor films plus the 2nd Guardians since they're making an appearance, also Civil War since they've said TLT has an avengers feel almost and that's a pretty apt comparison and of course all the Avengers films.

Thor ----------------------- 1 hour and 55 minutes
Thor: TDW --------------- 1 hour and 52 minutes
Thor: Ragnarok -------- 2 hours and 10 minutes
GOTG 2 -------------------- 2 hours and 16 minutes
Avengers: AOU --------- 2 hours and 21 minutes
Avengers ------------------- 2 hours and 23 minutes
Captain America: CW - 2 hours and 27 minutes
Avengers: IW -------------- 2 hours and 29 minutes
Avengers: EG ------------- 3 hours and 1 minute

Now taking into account that TLT will have filmed for a considerably longer period than Ragnarok, it's almost safe to say that it will be longer as well. I'll go ahead and say TLT will slot around the 2h and 20min mark.

Last edited:

Last edited:
So supposedly we should’ve been entering the last week of filming but I’ve heard rumblings that there’s actually 3 weeks left of filming so let's see when they actually wrap up. That massive New Asgard set for example still looks very much in use and undergoing significant modifications as well.

Spectulating about the movie running time for TLT i put all the Thor films plus the 2nd Guardians since they're making an appearance, also Civil War since they've said TLT has an avengers feel almost and that's a pretty apt comparison and of course all the Avengers films.

Thor ----------------------- 1 hour and 55 minutes
Thor: TDW --------------- 1 hour and 52 minutes
Thor: Ragnarok --------- 2 hours and 10 minutes
GOTG 2 ------------------ 2 hours and 16 minutes
Avengers: AOU --------- 2 hours and 21 minutes
Avengers ----------------- 2 hours and 23 minutes
Captain America: CW - 2 hours and 27 minutes
Avengers: IW ------------ 2 hours and 29 minutes
Avengers: EG ----------- 3 hours and 1 minute

Now taking into account that TLT will have filmed for a considerably longer period, then Ragnarok it's almost safe to say that it will be longer as well. I'll go ahead and say TLT will slot around the 2h and 20min mark.
They could fit a lot of cool stuff in if they go with a runtime like that. :up:

They could fit a lot of cool stuff in if they go with a runtime like that. :up:
TLT has a few things in its plate:

- Wrap the Thor & Guardians trip.
- Bring everyone up to speed on what Valkyrie, Korg, Miek and the asgardians have been up to.
- Shed a light on the whereabouts of Sif.
- Establish/develop Gorr and his motivations.
- Bring back Jane into the fold plus the worthiness and heroine angle.
- Further Thor's own story and his relation with everything and everyone else.

- Bring everyone up to speed on what Valkyrie, Korg, Miek and the asgardians have been up to.
Yeah, there’s a lot going on (nice breakdown). Plenty of time for Waititi to get crazy. :cwink:

Just read, that Taika and Rita Ora are dating. So that meeting with other Thor actors (Crowe, Bale, Hemsworth) isn’t so coincidental at all and either Sacha Baron Cohen or Isla Fisher are in the movie as well

Another thing I'd wish we could see is somethin like this. Epic. Particularly, it makes me love King Thor's costume with the Thurisaz rune even more!

Another thing I'd wish we could see is somethin like this. Epic. Particularly, it makes me love King Thor's costume with the Thurisaz rune even more!

Ha, that's amazing. I hope they can get something that crazy with Thor and Lady Thor together.

And we coul'd have Old King Thor coming from the future to join the battle!

How about Throg?

1097781-55_lockjaw_and_the_pet_avengers_unleashed_2.jpg

He’s a stuntman.

Last edited:

Don't forget Zeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"