Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I just want to see Jane in the Thor outfit.

Do you think there's a chance they would do a Thor: Jane Foster movie without Chris Hemsworth? I didn't think Thor 4 was possible but then it happened, but to pass the mjolnir to Jane.

Unlikely. It took them 7 years to green-light a Sam Wilson Captain America movie and that's a character who was far better received from the start than Jane.

Unlikely. It took them 7 years to green-light a Sam Wilson Captain America movie and that's a character who was far better received from the start than Jane.

But difference is that Natalie Portman is quite the name and if Ragnarok turns out good and with the right people...easily.

Pretty much everything was better received than Thor, especially after Thor 2...but look how one movie turned this completely around.

I just want to see Jane in the Thor outfit.

Do you think there's a chance they would do a Thor: Jane Foster movie without Chris Hemsworth? I didn't think Thor 4 was possible but then it happened, but to pass the mjolnir to Jane.
I don’t think so. Chris Hemsworth is the star of the franchise and he already mentioned he will keep on portraying the character in the MCU’s future.

Taika also said: “TLT is a Thor movie, Jane Foster is in it”. I think Jane Foster’s story will be quite important/impactful and it will serve to further Thor’s own story.

I’ve been following this stuff for a while now and after what I saw and heard from everyone involved I was pretty much convinced there was going to be a Thor 4 and here we are. I’ll go even further and say that if everything works for the best i think Taika will complete his own Thor trilogy later down the line.

Last edited:
I think is important to have an old Avenger to keep going on the MCU. And as long as they want him in the role, Hemsworth said he will still play Thor, so it's a fortunate pairing. They've managed to make him one of the most interesting characters in the entire MCU, they're gonna keep going.

I don’t think so. Chris Hemsworth is the star of the franchise and he already mentioned he will keep on portraying the character in the MCU’s future.

Taika also said: “TLT is a Thor movie, Jane Foster is in it”. I think Jane Foster’s story will be quite important/impactful and it will serve to further Thor’s own story.

I’ve been following this stuff for a while now and after what I saw and heard from everyone involved I was pretty much convinced there was going to be a Thor 4 and here we are. I’ll go even further and say that if everything works for the best i think Taika will complete his own Thor trilogy later down the line.
Great. Hope he gets to do a third film and that even then the character is still going strong and can carry on. If Hemsworth wants it he can stay in the role a long time as a visibly older Thor would be very cool to see, especially one we’ve seen grow into it over decades.

The first image seems to be in the New Asgard set, there’s a poster behind him on the right that says “Asgard Tours” and the giant Mjolnir could be a toy attraction for the visitors and kids.

Also worth mentioning the amount of different wigs we’ve seen in behind the scenes wrap pictures which definitely points to different races... not to different from what we saw in Sakaar for example.

Ha, I want that hammer!

And I’m definitely up for seeing more alien races.

C8xC.gif

Taika Waititi interview about Thor: Love and Thunder, paparazzi shots of him and Rita Ora and the importance of Indigenous filmmaking
Waititi expects to be post-producing Thoruntil February, then he will finish some television projects and move onto his next movie.

Last edited:
I sense an Adam Sandler-esque goofball romcom in space is coming sprinkled with CGI and actions, and I hope I’m wrong.

I think the vibe is going to be similar to Ragnarok, a fun ride but more emotionally impactful. A wild action-adventure romcom with a dramatic undertone.

There’s a few different elements playing an important part in this, specially...

- Thor & The Guardians combo
- Jane Foster Thor storyline
- Gorr The God Butcher storyline

Those 2 storylines specifically can be quite impactful if handled right. Then there’s a myriad of different characters and worlds sprinkled in throughout Thor’s journey.

One thing I’ve noticed about this supposed official art given to the crew is the big difference between the wraps on right and left arms.

Through the years we’ve seen Marvel trying to camouflage certain changes to characters and I think this might be another one of those occasions. To me that unnatural huge wrapping around the right arm could potentially hint at a significant injury suffered by Thor which wouldn’t be that far fetched since in the comics future King Thor ends up with an uru arm. Personally I would love that.

5492978-uru.jpg

Normally in the comics it’s the left arm that gets replaced but I wouldn’t be surprised if they change the arm like they did with the eye patch in Ragnarok/IW. Another reason why they would change to the right arm is that traditionally Chris Hemsworth uses mostly the left arm for poses and different shots since that one seems to be the one he gets most ripped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"