Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

The quote of Kingo about Thor running after him when he was young was the cringiest quote one has said ever in the MCU.
It really diminished Thor‘s powers and status

The quote of Kingo about Thor running after him when he was young was the cringiest quote one has said ever in the MCU.

I'm not sure how an offhand comment about how Thor's childhood "diminished his powers and status". We already saw Thor as a child in the first movie, and even in the teaser for L&T. The Eternals are androids and so they never age, whereas Asgardians are living things and so they do age.

That doesn't make them more powerful though. Based on feats, Thor would wipe the floor with Kingo or any of the other Eternals (except Druig due to mind hax).

its-a-no-its-a-no-from-me.gif

The Eternals being much older than 5000 years old bothera bit, it made the Asgardians seem less impressive.
Not for me. Peak Thor has a lot more going for him than nearly everyone else in the MCU. He’s probably the best all rounder of all. Living for that length of time is the least of what’s impressive about Thor.

The official trailer is coming out soon so it could be related to that and since he works for Fandango it could be everything from movie related articles, images, announcements, trailer, other promotional footage, tickets…

We’ve already seen a ramp up of marketing material which should culminate in the release of the official trailer in a couple of weeks from now. On the meantime we’ll likely see much more TLT content. :)

I'm not sure how an offhand comment about how Thor's childhood "diminished his powers and status". We already saw Thor as a child in the first movie, and even in the teaser for L&T. The Eternals are androids and so they never age, whereas Asgardians are living things and so they do age.

That doesn't make them more powerful though. Based on feats, Thor would wipe the floor with Kingo or any of the other Eternals (except Druig due to mind hax).

It's hard to say what effect Druig would even have on Thor. In AoU, he showed he was somewhat resistant to Wanda's mind control. Not unaffected, but he knew she was using her powers and warned the others. It never completely fleshes out the effect upon him.

It's hard to say what effect Druig would even have on Thor. In AoU, he showed he was somewhat resistant to Wanda's mind control. Not unaffected, but he knew she was using her powers and warned the others. It never completely fleshes out the effect upon him.
tumblr_p2fo22oQQU1tlgqkgo4_1280.gif

She gave him a mild headache. :D

The official trailer is coming out soon so it could be related to that and since he works for Fandango it could be everything from movie related articles, images, announcements, trailer, other promotional footage, tickets…

We’ve already seen a ramp up of marketing material which should culminate in the release of the official trailer in a couple of weeks from now. On the meantime we’ll likely see much more TLT content. :)
Now MoM is out there should be no barrier to start rolling out the heavy cavalry on marketing. Once it properly starts we are in for a treat. :cool:

tumblr_p2fo22oQQU1tlgqkgo4_1280.gif

She gave him a mild headache. :D

It's not unusual for me to have lucid dreams (where I've figured out that I'm dreaming). I could see mind control affecting Thor in somewhat the same way. If you are cognizant of the fact that someone is trying to control your thoughts, its effects must be mitigated. To a large extent, I can often control my dreams.

So apparently the tickets will indeed go on sale on June 7th, 1 month before release date and the official trailer will play with Jurassic World 3 as predicted.

Teaser Trailer - April 18th / DS2 (May 6th)
Official Trailer - May ???? / JW3 (June 10th)

If the same logic is applied, that the teaser was also released so it could play in front of DS:MOM, then we are looking at an official trailer for TLT in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
So apparently the tickets will indeed go on sale on June 7th, 1 month before release date and the official trailer will play with Jurassic World 3 as predicted.

If the same logic is applied, that the teaser was also released so it could play in front of DS:MOM, then we are looking at an official trailer for TLT in the next 2 weeks.

Hopefully. I can't wait to get our first look at Patrick Bateman the God Butcher!

Makes sense. I’m really looking forward to trailer 2. Gorr of course and also some suggestion of the structure of the film. Would like to see a shot of the Thors together and Valkyrie in action.

Makes sense. I’m really looking forward to trailer 2. Gorr of course and also some suggestion of the structure of the film. Would like to see a shot of the Thors together and Valkyrie in action.

I'm also a little curious as to whether Mighty Thor will have a faux-Asgardian accent like in the comics, or if Jane will just use her regular voice.

I'm also a little curious as to whether Mighty Thor will have a faux-Asgardian accent like in the comics, or of Jane will just use her regular voice.
Good point. Didn’t think of that.

Good point. Didn’t think of that.

I can definitely see Taika making hay out of Thor being totally dumbstruck at Jane sounding like an Asgardian.

Not to mention that Natalie has done an English-y accent before:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"