Thor: Love and Thunder | Official News and Speculation Thread

I can definitely see Taika making hay out of Thor being totally dumbstruck at Jane sounding like an Asgardian.

Not to mention that Natalie has done an English-y accent before:

She could do it. Guess it depends what Taiki prefers for the rest of his script. I’m sure there’s a Taika-style joke in there or 2.

I'm not sure how an offhand comment about how Thor's childhood "diminished his powers and status". We already saw Thor as a child in the first movie, and even in the teaser for L&T. The Eternals are androids and so they never age, whereas Asgardians are living things and so they do age.

That doesn't make them more powerful though. Based on feats, Thor would wipe the floor with Kingo or any of the other Eternals (except Druig due to mind hax).

Yeah I dont think that comment lessens Thor's power and status. It was just a funny off handed comment.

Looks like Taika has gone all in on this being a "romance movie". Bold move, considering that the romance was one of the aspects of the first two movies that a lot of people (not me, mind!) hated.
The romance between Thor and Jane has been meh to me but it could be due to them trying to make it one of the more serious romances I guess. MCU only had Tony and Pepper which they had banter back and forth. Rodgers and Peggy was just Cap 1, Banner and Betty was 1 movie and Hulk actor changed so does not matter.

I think Thor has changed a lot since the 1st movie so how he interacts will likely be more fun. It is expected to be a rom com.

The romance between Thor and Jane has been meh to me but it could be due to them trying to make it one of the more serious romances I guess. MCU only had Tony and Pepper which they had banter back and forth. Rodgers and Peggy was just Cap 1, Banner and Betty was 1 movie and Hulk actor changed so does not matter.

I think Thor has changed a lot since the 1st movie so how he interacts will likely be more fun. It is expected to be a rom com.

I think part of the reason why people responded more positively to the Thor/Jane romance in What If? was that they made it less serious and played up the goofiness and fun of it all, which seems to be what Taika's doing in L&T.

I think part of the reason why people responded more positively to the Thor/Jane romance in What If? was that they made it less serious and played up the goofiness and fun of it all, which seems to be what Taika's doing in L&T.

I liked the Romance in the first 2 movies just fine, but that may be because i thought they had this natural on screen chemistry that even makes dumb dialogue work.
The Vibe Taika came up with, works so much better than the more Shakespearian the first two movies had.

Im definitly curious on how he will tackle Thor/Jane in this.

FS6I-lAWAAEyide

Last edited:
That image! God I love how this movie looks.

giphy.gif

Yeah, pretty clear what's gonna happen. A Council of the Gods is called when Thor brings it to everyone's attention that a God-Butcher is on the loose. That's why Bast is there and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Egyptian gods as well.

Then I bet Gorr shows halfway through and proceeds to massacre everyone.

I’ll say this too, I always thought Ragnarok looked really good because of some of its gorgeous shots and cool panels throughout the film.

Love and Thunder looks way better though, every movie still release so far is gold and the film just looks grand. The cinematography is on another level too.

I’ve added all the official imagery to this thread.

THE OFFICIAL PHOTOS/VIDEOS/ART AND GIFS THREAD (NO DISCUSSION)

I’ll say this too, I always thought Ragnarok looked really good because of some of its gorgeous shots and cool panels throughout the film.

Love and Thunder looks way better though, every movie still release so far is gold and the film just looks grand. The cinematography is on another level too.

I think that's the advantage of using the Volume stagecraft tech. It's much easier to simulate natural lighting and so you don't end up with that washed out look that most MCU movies (and even Ragnarok to a more limited extent) have.

Yeah, pretty clear what's gonna happen. A Council of the Gods is called when Thor brings it to everyone's attention that a God-Butcher is on the loose. That's why Bast is there and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some Egyptian gods as well.

Then I bet Gorr shows halfway through and proceeds to massacre everyone.

The End.

heared a rumor about a product showcase for Disney tomorrow a 4 p.m. including all IPs (Marvel, StarWars, Pixar,…)
Maybe a trailer for Thor

Last edited:
yeah…I could‘ve bet a lot money on that comment (after receiving a notification of a new post in this thread)

I think this version of the Council of the Gods could be something really cool to see, just think about all the pantheons and gods we could be seeing all together in one place… King Valkyrie, Thor, Mighty Thor, Bast, Zeus… just to name a few. Can’t wait to see more of that sequence because they all look so cool and it should be interesting to see how the interact with each other…

FS6MvS5WQAAh40M

Yeh and check out Bast on the lower corner of the screen! They look so good and the location as well. Looks like the council of the gods.

FS6G6RRXwAErmcp-2.jpeg

I hope we see her take some kind of cat/panther form at some point. I don't really mind whether she's more anthropomorphic or more bestial, but I prefer if not all the gods just look like humans, especially if their real world theological counterpart has non-human features. Plus it would be more consistent with both Khonshu, Taweret and Ammit, as well as her appearance in the opening animation from Black Panther.

Last edited:
I hope we see her take some kind of cat/panther form at some point. I don't really mind whether she's more anthropomorphic or more bestial, but I prefer if not all the gods just look like humans, especially if their real world theological counterpart has non-human features. Plus it would be more consistent with both Khonshu, Taweret and Ammit, as well as her appearance in the opening animation from Black Panther.
Agree, was going to say similar. Always take the exotic option when available. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"