Rise of the Beasts Transformers: Rise of the Beasts General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

That “strong enough to be gentle” line that he’s spoken of in past interviews and videos has always stuck with me, that true compassion and kindness takes great strength. It tells me that Optimus Prime always strives for peace and non-violence first and only resorts to fighting, even violence, as a last resort. Probably why I gravitated to him as a character so much. I think that’s also why him in the Michael Bay films never sat right with me, because he was always a bloodthirsty murder machine, especially after the first film, who shot first and asked questions later.

To put it simply, in the cartoon, he merely sounded like John Wayne. In the movies, he pretty much was John Wayne.

Okay, here it is:

(Anyone else wanting to avoid spoilers, absolutely do not read if you don’t want to be spoiled and want to go into the movie surprised)

So, the post-credit scene involves Noah, the main human character of this film, getting recruited by G.I. Joe., which, from stuff that I’ve been reading online, could set up the sequel as a Transformers/G.I., Joe crossover.

Originally, it was supposed to be Sector 7 recruiting Noah, but they decided to change it just a few weeks ago, probably to distance themselves even more from Michael Bay films’ continuity. Also, Hailee Steinfeld’s character Charlie Watson was supposed to make a reappearance in another credit scene, but that was cut from the film. But, in a recent interview they did (which was supposed to be released after the film came out), which is where all this info comes from, it was mentioned that they wanted to bring her back, possibly for the sequel.

I think what people on the TFW 2005 forum are worried about is that G.I. Joe could potentially take the focus away from the Transformers characters. Also, Lorenzo di Bonavantura keeps contradicting himself and won’t keep his mouth shut about about whether or not this film is in continuity with the Michael Bay films.

However, it seems that in spite of all that, Steven Caple, Jr., as a fan and a good filmmaker, managed to honor a lot of Transformers history and make a good film. If he can do that for this film, he can do it for G.I. Joe in the mix in the sequel. If anything, they’ll most likely just play a supporting role just like the main human characters of this film did.

I don’t know. I’m just gonna wait and see how it pans out.
Well they need some gimmick for the neXt movie.

Though I guess G.I. Joe needs some help. After the last film tanked which imo shouldn't have been a solo reboot. I feel like the people in charge with Transformers and G.I. Joe are a bit clueless. Like imagine if they were handed to make movies for MCU and DCU. It would be all over the place and lacked direction.

I'm eXcited to see this in Wednesday but I have a feeling like dinobots, the Beast Wars characters are merely supporting characters and won't be the real stars of the films. I hope the film is good though.

Those reactions are better than I expected!

"best fight cinematogrophy out of all of the films. No shakey cams and harsh cuts pull away from the action" - that's big for me. :up:

Seeing this Friday morning and I can’t wait. I have a very good feeling about this movie. Seeing it in IMAX in the middle row and middle seat at my local theater same for the upcoming Flash so those both will hopefully be a great movie going experiences. Can’t wait to see the Maximals because Beast Wars was my Transformers era of my childhood even though I grew up with reruns of the original and watched Transformers: The Movie like crazy on VHS.

Unfortunately, its at 56% now with 48 reviews.

I'm surprised it's got a higher rating on RT than Indy 5 though.

I think I prefer this out all of the live action Transformers movies however like

Most Transformers movies, the story was barebones. For an Earth ending threat, everything just happened in less than 24 hours. The villains were faceless and 1 dimensional. Beast Wars characters were wasted eXcept for Optimus Primal. Like I kinda eXpected the rest to be decorations, but Cheetah / Rhino were merely side characters that only had dialogue in their first scene. Michelle Yeoh's character was fine but I don't remember an Eagle in Beast Wars. I don't think the villains even had a Beast Wars robot with them, aside from the handful of Scorponok during the climaX. Mirage was cool, he stood out of the newer robots. Bumblebee didn't need to be here and the other Autobots were filler for action. Optimus Prime is Optimus Prime, same old nothing new.

I liked that there were focused on only two human characters. Peru was a nice backdrop. I liked the action wasn't as noisy/numbing as the previous film. But the story is the usual Transformers story in the movies. Every Transformer is really either a bad robot or a good robot. They probably should have focused more on Beast Wars characters especially the movie opened with them. Instead of lumping Optimus Prime and Bumblebee in the film again. And then saved the Planet eating robot for another movie.

I don't have eXpectations for Transformers: Rise and Retaliation of G.I. Joe. But they need a better premise for the next film.

What's the general buzz on this? After Crapformers: Age of SuckStinkShun, I swore I'd never see another one of these movies, but went to see Bumblebee and am glad I did. I really liked it and used to live in the area where it was shot. It's fun to see scenes where you've actually stood or recognize.

Wondering whether people think this is worth the time........Some of you out there, I assume, get advance viewings.

Is that better or worse than expected?
It was originally predicted to open between 30-40 so that's surely a step up. But for a 200 million dollar movie it's pretty awful and Box Office Pro has it lower, around 50. So, yeah.

It was originally predicted to open between 30-40 so that's surely a step up. But for a 200 million dollar movie it's pretty awful and Box Office Pro has it lower, around 50. So, yeah.
Thanks for that. Seems like a good step up then but not quite enough.

So anyone else hoping they would have just done a full on Beast Wars adaptation instead?

I'm still watching it on Friday.

I didnt like the Bay films. The first was mildly decent then he pooped the bed with 2-5.

I really liked Bumblebee; I thought it was as good as a pre-endgame MCU film (8/10)

From what some critics I follow like Chris Stuckmann, it is better than the Bay films but not as good as BB.

I'm sure that if this movie came out when the series was new in the late 2000's, it would be getting better ratings.
I think Bay gave critics PTSD for TF movies sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"