Rise of the Beasts Transformers: Rise of the Beasts General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I get the feeling that this thread is probably gonna have a bit more traffic come tomorrow.

Full trailer incoming…

So this is a continuation of Bumblebee? But doesn’t seem connected to Bay’s anymore since Prime is on Earth already?

576EB512-3D08-4FE2-9D97-57D776E03693.gif

This looks... okay, I guess? It's nice to hear Peter Cullen back as Optimus at least (in a more substantial role).

Dude, that looks doooooooope!

Some obvious, unfinished CGI in some shots, but the movie is a little over six months out from release, so that’s to be expected. I am sure that it will all look completely polished by the time of the movie’s release. There’s still quite a lot of shots in there that look really good as far as CGI goes.

The action already looks better and has a lot more clarity than all of the Bay films combined. It’s like they took the scale of the action from those films and mix it with the stable cinematography of something like Bumblebee.

I am actually super excited for a full on Transformers film again! I never thought I’d say that.

I loved this trailer.

This will probably one of the first movies I see in theaters outside of Mario and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

People on the TFW 2005 message boards are already complaining about the CGI and the designs. Someone even said that Arcee’s design looks bad. Like, what? You’re telling me that looks worse than whatever those walking, talking garbage heaps were in Bayformers? GTFO. :funny:

Of course, that board still simps for the Michael Bay films and his “superior” robot designs and “filmmaking/directing” (not to mention ardent defenders of “Murder Prime” as a great character), so their continued terrible taste is no surprise.

Huh. Last time I remember browsing those forums, they were pretty much on the Michael Bay hate train.

I like the first three movies still (ROTF is a guilty pleasure), but after how phenomenally bad Age Of Extinction and Last Knight were, I'm glad we're getting other directors to tackle this franchise. I do think the CGI in this still looks a bit rough, but they have a long while to polish it.

Loved Bumblebee so happy to hear it's a direct sequel to that movie
but bummed we lost Haylee

With this and ViewerAnon's claims, I'm not sure what to believe. I'm more inclined to ViewerAnon given his track record, but this could very well get a mixed reception.

I think this kind of speaks for itself. I don’t remember any shots of Bay on the Bumblebee set lol

43351__scaled_800.jpg

Oof, this looks pretty bad. And a poor copy of a Michael Bay movie without any of what made those movies successful. You either get the whole package of Bay or you don't get it. The good and the bad. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Really bad framing of the robots, generic looking action, and characters that are trying to copy the Bay characters without any of the sociopathic glee and contempt for its audience that made those movies so endearing in the first place.

Where is psychopath Optimus Prime? :argh: It all looks so flat and boring. Like another franchise driven into the meat grinder that is current media. Safe, inoffensive, but copying the past's homework.

Seriously, people need to go back and watch those three movies, particularly 2 and 3. They are hilariously fascinating. Watch Revenge of the Fallen with a few drinks and some friends and laugh your ass off. A Bayformers resurgence is coming like the prequels!

I admit, I do miss War Crime Prime as a weird alternate take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"