Rise of the Beasts Transformers: Rise of the Beasts General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

One of the joys of the five movies is Optimus's progression into psychopathy.

Some of the CGI looks a little ropey but the stuff with Mirage looked really cool and I liked the 2 clips of Arcee. :up:

I was pleasantly surprised that Primal, Cheetor, Rhinox, and Airazor weren’t only introduced at the very end!

Primal looks pretty awesome!

Oof, this looks pretty bad. And a poor copy of a Michael Bay movie without any of what made those movies successful. You either get the whole package of Bay or you don't get it. The good and the bad. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Really bad framing of the robots, generic looking action, and characters that are trying to copy the Bay characters without any of the sociopathic glee and contempt for its audience that made those movies so endearing in the first place.

Where is psychopath Optimus Prime? :argh: It all looks so flat and boring. Like another franchise driven into the meat grinder that is current media. Safe, inoffensive, but copying the past's homework.

Seriously, people need to go back and watch those three movies, particularly 2 and 3. They are hilariously fascinating. Watch Revenge of the Fallen with a few drinks and some friends and laugh your ass off. A Bayformers resurgence is coming like the prequels!

As if I need to watch a guy with his pants down ask for toilet paper again.

Save that stupidity for a Tom Green movie. We don't need it in Transformers. That toilet humor is not what made Transformers popular.

Ron Pearlman is voicing Primal? Huh.

I watched Beast Wars as a kid so I'm looking forward to this.

Dropping a trailer the same day as Indy 5 and Guardians 3. So much for getting the hype.

As if I need to watch a guy with his pants down ask for toilet paper again.

Save that stupidity for a Tom Green movie. We don't need it in Transformers. That toilet humor is not what made Transformers popular.

We all know it's stupid. We're past the point of this sort of thing. This isn't 2010. It's like still talking about Jar Jar Binks. It's more about looking at them for what they are and just analyzing it and having a sense of humor in a fascinating, detached ant farm sort of way. If you that's not your thing, fine. But it looks like they're trying to chase a similar dumb thing in this movie.

Last edited:
We all know it's stupid. We're past the point of this sort of thing. This isn't 2010. It's like still talking about Jar Jar Binks. It's more about looking at them for what they are and just analyzing it and having a sense of humor in a fascinating, detached ant farm sort of way. If you that's not your thing, fine. But it looks like they're trying to chase a similar dumb thing in this movie.

I mean I have no problem with absurdity in Transformer movies but when it devolves into toilet humor I start to ask why is this necessary. Putting it into a Transformers doesn't magically make it more entertaining to me.

The humor with the cop getting faked out and Arcee waving is cute. Keep that stuff and cut out Bay's toilet humor. This isn't Beavis and Butthead.

I am still pretty amazed that Prime has some very obvious cues to how his original toy transformed during his transformation.

I just... eh.

I'm a 90's boy. Beast Wars was huge for me. And I'm just not getting any of the right vibes about this.

Gary Chalk not voicing Primal is as bad as Peter Cullen not voicing Prime would've been for G1 fans. On top of that, I'm not liking the design of his robot mode at all, I have no idea what the story is and how it makes sense to what their lore is etc. Just feels like mishmash, cashgrab nonsense like every other TF movie.

The beast transformers look cool. Always been a sucker for animal mech so I’m looking forward to seeing more of them. The rest looks okish. Not in love with Optimus’s new look.

As a G1 fan I never got into Beast Wars. But the CGI show on Netflix got me interested in the characters a bit. I actually really enjoyed that trailer. This looks a good mix of what made Bumblebee so great and what made the Bay movies so epic at times.

Also it seems Mirage is the main bot this time? I love Bumblebee but glad to see another bot, ahem, bee the focus.

I am still pretty amazed that Prime has some very obvious cues to how his original toy transformed during his transformation.

I still have that toy from when I was a kid. Pretty much have that toy transformation committed to memory and definitely noticed that, down to the way his arms pop out of his sides. That’s some great attention to detail.

As a G1 fan I never got into Beast Wars. But the CGI show on Netflix got me interested in the characters a bit. I actually really enjoyed that trailer. This looks a good mix of what made Bumblebee so great and what made the Bay movies so epic at times.

Also it seems Mirage is the main bot this time? I love Bumblebee but glad to see another bot, ahem, bee the focus.

I’d really recommend BW. The animation is dated, but it has great characters, writing, voice acting, a kick ass theme music, and lots of references to G1 especially in S2 and S3.

I’d really recommend BW. The animation is dated, but it has great characters, writing, voice acting, a kick ass theme music, and lots of references to G1 especially in S2 and S3.

I did like them in the 3rd part of the recent Netflix CGI series but yeah I can't keep up with my own shows without adding to them so I will just wait for the move lol.

Thanks for the recommendation though buddy.

Also, ViewerAnon and a few other leakers revealed who the actual villain is, or at least set up for later instalments. Not surprising at all.

C8929745-1575-4DA9-8C31-8B590C5ECDED.jpeg

Last edited:
Would very much like to see Unicron in the traditional sense than whatever the hell Bay was trying to do in The Last Knight.

I think it’s interesting that the Predacon insignia wasn’t in the logo. Either they’re hiding them for the film, or they’ll just be in the third act as mindless beasts despite Caple Jr. saying that they would have a prominent role in the film last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"