Rise of the Beasts Transformers: Rise of the Beasts General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

I'm fine with that. It's a few minutes longer than Bumblebee and as long as there are no pacing issues, we should be good.

Is that more than was expected?

There were reports of a $40 million opening not long ago so it's an improvement for sure.
Oh right. Massive improvement on that then if accurate. A long way from the early days of Transformers films but a good rise from the other recent films.

Oh right. Massive improvement on that then if accurate. A long way from the early days of Transformers films but a good rise from the other recent films.

Yeah as long as it shows an increase on Bumblebee that’s all that’s needed.

Yeah as long as it shows an increase on Bumblebee that’s all that’s needed.
Rise of the Beasts has approximately twice the budget of Bumblebee so it may take a bit more just to break even.

I personally doubt it will do a 70 million dollars opening but I can see a 55 million one. Which would still be an improvement over the 40 million that was originally projected.

Rise of the Beasts has approximately twice the budget of Bumblebee so it may take a bit more just to break even.

I personally doubt it will do a 70 million dollars opening but I can see a 55 million one. Which would still be an improvement over the 40 million that was originally projected.

An improvement is an improvement but hopefully the movie can open between 50-70 million and then have good legs from there like BB did.

An improvement is an improvement but hopefully the movie can open between 50-70 million and then have good legs from there like BB did.
I very much doubt it's going to have good legs. For one the movie doesn't look good at all, the embargo lifts three days prior the release which is almost never a good sign, and it's going to have huge competition all summer long. But we'll see.

Hopefully the Beast visuals/action are good at least.

I very much doubt it's going to have good legs. For one the movie doesn't look good at all, the embargo lifts three days prior the release which is almost never a good sign, and it's going to have huge competition all summer long. But we'll see.

John Wick and Evil Dead managed really good legs in a very busy March/ARio so you never know. The embargo lifting 3 days before isn’t too bad it’s when it lifts the day before we should worry. Pretty sure Bumblebee did the same.

Jablosnky's scores were a big highlight of the Bay movies for me. Heck, I'd argue his TLK score was way too good and unfitting for that movie.

They also mentioned that we would get some musical references to the 1986 animated film (which, considering some of the plot/characters/visual references in this film, kind of makes sense.)! If I had to guess which ones:

– Unicron theme anytime he pops up on the screen. Obvious.
– Autobot/Decepticon battle theme for the end battle of this film.

Those are about the only ones I can think of.

EDIT: Beat me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"