X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that really the explanation for Bishop's actions since Messiah Complex? The Legacy Virus?

No, I think that was just speculation. Bishop went off the deep end because history says Hope Summers destroyed the world (whereas Cable's history says she saved it).

Good. I prefer that he just snapped than the writers try and explain he's still a hero, he was just on drugs. Especially after the reveal in Messiah Complex.

Well, whatever happens, I have only this to say: Suck it, X-fans, Bendis is your problem now. :oldrazz:

He'd actually be better than Fraction, I believe. Avengers: Prime is light-years beyond anything Fraction's managed to come up with for Thor's comic so far, and Bendis' characterization is surprisingly truer to Thor's classic portrayal than Fraction's "grunting, thuggish a**hole" interpretation.

Chuck Austen would be better than Fraction at this point.

I liked Avengers Prime too but I just don't know if I could trust Bendis on Thor based off such a small sampling.

Oh, I'd be worried, sure. But, like you said, anything's better than Fraction.

Oh, I'd be worried, sure. But, like you said, anything's better than Fraction.

Is Matt Fraction the George Lucas of Thor writers? :cwink: Because I just read the World Eaters trade and while the overall story was fine I didn't like his approach to Thor or Odin. :csad:

He doesn't know how to write them as anything more than the thuggish brutes he portrayed them as in Ages of Thunder. That was fine for that series since it was supposed to be alternate forms of the gods, before they'd developed into the more noble iterations we've been seeing in Marvel's comics for the past few decades. But apparently in Fraction's mind, it's fine for the present-day versions too.

Speaking of FF and the X-men, I thought CC was actually decent on that title. I thought he and Larocca paired up together when he returned to Marvel post- Heroes Reborn was a good read. Better than any of his X-men stuff since then.

He doesn't know how to write them as anything more than the thuggish brutes he portrayed them as in Ages of Thunder. That was fine for that series since it was supposed to be alternate forms of the gods, before they'd developed into the more noble iterations we've been seeing in Marvel's comics for the past few decades. But apparently in Fraction's mind, it's fine for the present-day versions too.

I agree. And since he doesn't seem well to criticism I'd say that just adds to his general unworthiness to write Thor.

There's so much hate for All-New X-men! I'm sad that it seems that I'm the only one excited for it. I've never read anything from Bendis outside of events like House of M, Siege, and AvX, and I didn't think they were horrible, so I don't have any expectations for the writing. But the art looks great! And I love the new logo.

In many ways this story does make sense. I've been reading people complain about how far the X-men have gone away from the original dream. The original five especially have all gone in different directions and have changed so much. It's almost like giving us back heroic characters that will attempt to atone for what they and other X-men have done. I think this could be the spark that pushes the X-men into a more moral and optimistic path.

In the solicit for Uncanny Avengers it said that anti-mutant sentiment is at an all time high... (again). So I guess the theory of mutants being in a better place after AvX was wrong.

I'm hesitantly excited for All-New X-Men. I, for one, have been happy with the X-Men stories since Messiah Complex, so seeing the original 5 showing up with the expected potential to try and rewrite X-Men history has me worried. Plus I read quite a bit of Bendis back in the Secret Invasion days and I agree with many complaints readers have about writing. But he did rejuvinate the Avengers to become the powerhouse they are now, and if he can do that for the X-Men I'm open to the idea.

as someone has said before I just wouldnt mind the orginal 5 getting together again to hash things out in a book. I think with there history and events that have happen lately that it would be more of a intresting book. Hell I think X-Men needs to redo some of the links that made me like them in the first place. Hell Colossus get taken by juggs and pheonix and the people I have known to be his best friends in Kitty, Storm and Logan hardly do a thing to try and talk him out of it or help him. I fell in love with X-Men for the character connections and they all seemed to have just dried up in the last few years.

There's so much hate for All-New X-men! I'm sad that it seems that I'm the only one excited for it. I've never read anything from Bendis outside of events like House of M, Siege, and AvX, and I didn't think they were horrible, so I don't have any expectations for the writing. But the art looks great! And I love the new logo.

In many ways this story does make sense. I've been reading people complain about how far the X-men have gone away from the original dream. The original five especially have all gone in different directions and have changed so much. It's almost like giving us back heroic characters that will attempt to atone for what they and other X-men have done. I think this could be the spark that pushes the X-men into a more moral and optimistic path.

In the solicit for Uncanny Avengers it said that anti-mutant sentiment is at an all time high... (again). So I guess the theory of mutants being in a better place after AvX was wrong.

I wonder sometimes if the guys at Marvel truly believe in optimistic heroes anymore. Or just heroes for that matter, given how addicted they seem to be to hero VS. hero nonsense.

u
I'm hesitantly excited for All-New X-Men. I, for one, have been happy with the X-Men stories since Messiah Complex, so seeing the original 5 showing up with the expected potential to try and rewrite X-Men history has me worried. Plus I read quite a bit of Bendis back in the Secret Invasion days and I agree with many complaints readers have about writing. But he did rejuvinate the Avengers to become the powerhouse they are now, and if he can do that for the X-Men I'm open to the idea.

You can't rewrite history. All you can do is create an alternate timeline where something different happened. At least that's the way it's been since the first time travel story Marvel has ever done. I mean, this is Bendis. He might ltotally just throw out 50 plus years of history to make whatever he wants to happen, happen even though it totally shouldn't be able to. :o

i'm more annoyed that apparently Jean is going to stay... her fan's want her back.. but i don't think anyone wanted the teen version back... nor do we need yet another young "jean" ... we already have Rachel and Hope to fill that always over-crowded role

I heart Jean. Even the teen version.

I heart Jean. Even the teen version.

I love jean as well.. but I like her better as an adult.. especially for this moment...

tumblr_m6jtn0Q71p1r9u466o1_400.jpg

I love jean as well.. but I like her better as an adult.. especially for this moment...

tumblr_m6jtn0Q71p1r9u466o1_400.jpg
I'm more than sure that was Rachel. She was acting out after she found out about her Emma and Scott's relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"