X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in the new X-titles. I have enjoyed Bendis' work: his final Avengers run with Osborn/Hammer/Hydra is one of my favorite arcs in the past few years. Not groundbreaking, but very entertaining.

anxmen2012002_dc11_02.jpg

Don't know if this has already been posted. Cover to All-New X-Men #2. Nice to see Bobby got over that whole "Hank trying to eat him" thing.

I'm assuming that's Rachel in the background. We have yet to see any sign of Hope or Emma Frost in any Marvel NOW previews. Guess that makes their fates pretty clear...

We've also seen cyclops in marvel NOW promos but have yet to see him in any X title promos post AvX.

Any sign of Mags post avx yet?

We've also seen cyclops in marvel NOW promos but have yet to see him in any X title promos post AvX.

Any sign of Mags post avx yet?

That could be a good thing since he looked butt ugly in his new costume.

If I had to guess, Magneto may appear in X-Men Legacy. It has Xavier's kid, so Charles will most likely be there and usually Mags is never too far behind. At least that's how I see it.

I'm more than sure that was Rachel. She was acting out after she found out about her Emma and Scott's relationship.

you're right!, however... I do recall a scene where Jean and Emma were dueling psychic insults at each other in front of their students... and i know Emma made jean old and fat in one spot, then jean did something else back.

The only psychic fight I can think of was when Jean caught her in bed with Scott. Another time they could've dueled was back in the 90s when the X-Men infiltrated the Hellfire Club but were attacked by Sentinels and the Hellions died.

you're right!, however... I do recall a scene where Jean and Emma were dueling psychic insults at each other in front of their students... and i know Emma made jean old and fat in one spot, then jean did something else back.

I think you're thinking of Emma and Rachel.

He's probably thinking of the Emma/Jean psychic battle during Morrison's run. The first issue of Murder at the Mansion.

was that in New X-men bc Im drawing a blank

God, I miss that red Phoenix costume. It was one of Jean's best.

I didnt care for it. I wasnt a fan of what CC did with her powers then either

I don't recall what changes he made. I can only remember when Jean and Psylocke swapped powers but that was before Claremont came back.

I don't recall what changes he made. I can only remember when Jean and Psylocke swapped powers but that was before Claremont came back.
No the swap happened when CC came back. Basically Jean lost her TK to Psylocke. The change in the costume was supposed to reflect that as he wanted to make her more of a physical fighter. Her TP apparently was augmented but that never materialized in the books bc she wasnt doing anything more powerful than she already had been doing.

I'm one of the few people who can honestly say I loved that arc. I thought Paulie Provenzano was such a great, unlikable character :) And Sunpyre and Wraith were fun as well. Sadly, Sunpyre was later killed by Mystique (I think) in the X-Corps storyline and Paulie was supposedly killed in Weapon X 5 in Neverland, though the generic-looking character with Maggott was never named so people were just assuming it was Paulie. Wraith's only other appearance was on the depowered list that Marvel released post-M-Day.

It's also the arc that first saw Northstar join the X-Men. Lobdell did a fantastic job playing all the new characters off of each other alongside Jean, Cyclops, Wolverine, and the briefly returned Dazzler.

Last edited:
I liked Paulie and always wanted him to turn up on an X-team.

anxmen2012002_dc11_02.jpg

Don't know if this has already been posted. Cover to All-New X-Men #2. Nice to see Bobby got over that whole "Hank trying to eat him" thing.
If that had Angel and Colossus, I would say that would be a pretty solid X-Men team.

I liked Paulie and always wanted him to turn up on an X-team.

I liked him so much that I broke him out in the Hype Marvel Role Playing Game when last I played it a few years ago. I had him join my version of X-Factor (Madrox, Rahne, Strong Guy, Paulie, Lifeguard, Maggott). I had him totally into Lifeguard and then had him struggle when he learned she was half alien. When I quit playing due to life getting in the way Paulie had just received the Enigma Force and was about to go into space with Lifeguard to help her find her heritage and help Nova with some big space epic thing. It was a fun story and I wish I could have continued it, but life got in the way, I don't think the plot was ever picked back up, and eventually the universe was reset.

Paulie was so fun :)

Sucks for Rachel fans. Im hearing speculation that its Tabitha

Last edited:
This is Bendis we're talking about, so it's either an all-new character he just created, or some obscure character with no previous ties to the X-Men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"