X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not coming to WatX, that's from Gillen's S.W.O.R.D. Mike Allred is replacing Bachalo. Here's a sample from Nation X #1.

xmen_site2.jpg

Allred and Sanders are both only doing one issue, Allred about Doop and Sanders about Angel, as confirmed so far and Jorge Molina finishing up the AvX tie-ins. That's all in conjunction with other regular artist Nick Bradshaw continuing on the title.

On a separate note, Sam Humphries and Ron Garney will be doing Uncanny X-Force. Called it. Humphries also confirms Psylocke will be on the title, so so much for her dying in Remender's final arc. I'll be putting my money back on AoA Nightcrawler, then.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41053

And agreed about AoA Kurt, looks like we may lose yet another elf

Glad Betsy isn't getting killed off again. It could also be Deathlok too....

AoA Nightcrawler was a waste anyway. I dont feel he's really done much or been utilized in any meaningful capacity. Its too bad he didnt have much of any interaction outside of UXF. It would have been interesing seeing people close to Kurt meet up with him like Storm and Piotr, not to mention Scott and Hope, considering how the original died. That last one probably would have made for a decent one shot

He did have a nasty exchange with Kitty. I would love to see him mix it up with the others but oh well.....

First villain of the new Uncanny X-Force team also revealed:

The Marvel.com interview also revealed the first villain of the series: Bishop. Cable, the leader of the other X-Force team and series, was of course chased through time with Hope at his side by his fellow time traveler, and Storm has a prior relationship with the man with the M tattoo. Bishop will be greatly affected by his final destination after Cable scrambled his time traveling ways. "He was abandoned in the year 6300 AD," Humphries told Marvel.com. "The dude has been alone, thousands of years in the future. A man goes through a lot of changes trying to get from 6300 AD to the present day. It is going to be an ugly reunion all around."
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/uncanny-x-force-psylocke-humphries.html

Last edited:
God I love Allred's art. :awesome:
Not me. :( I like more realistic stuff like Lee or Finch or Larocca. That looks like he tool all of five minutes to draw it. I guess the one good thing is the issues probably won't be late due to the artist.... :p

Those guys aren't realistic artists.

Alex Ross and Tim Bradstreet, those guys draw realistic art.

Those guys aren't realistic artists.

Alex Ross and Tim Bradstreet, those guys draw realistic art.
Alex Ross is great and that guy who did the Loki mini. Their stuff looks painted. Way cool. :up:

Glad Betsy isn't getting killed off again. It could also be Deathlok too....
It could be. Go back to the issue where the team leaves the future and read the conversation between Kurt and Ant-Man, though, and tell me what you think.

It's either foreshadowing or it could just be a red herring. They did the same thing with Bucky prior to Fear Itself. The future Avenger kids said he was gonna get his or such.....his "death" lasted all of a whopping 15 minutes.

I'm expecting something with Deathlok soon. I remember Remender saying something in an interview about a mystery behind Deathlok's identity or something of that nature. If I'm remembering that correctly I'm thinking he should probably get to it soon. His death would be a way to bring it up.

Looks good. He does really good facial expressions, even on Beast. One of the better cat-Beasts overall, in fact.

Alex Ross is great and that guy who did the Loki mini. Their stuff looks painted. Way cool. :up:
Esad Ribic. Their stuff looks painted because it is painted. :oldrazz:

Speaking of cat-Beast, apparently they're trying something different to promote All-New X-Men, in releasing part of the script to go with art to accompany it, and the part they show says that Beast is mutating further. :doh:

I'm hoping he 'mutates' back to his original appearance. Relatively human Beast hasn't been around in years. Might be a refreshing change.

Except human teen Beast is coming back, so they'll probably want to keep the real Beast furry. Nightcrawler's dead so Beast has to represent the blue and furry.

I don't mind cat Beast, but if there's an actual story reason for him turning back into Ape Beast I wouldn't be upset.

there wasnt an actual story reason for his cat form

haha but I wouldn't want him to just switch back and forth willy nilly on the whims of every writer.

haha but I wouldn't want him to just switch back and forth willy nilly on the whims of every writer.

A solution: instead of regeneration,like in Doctor Who, Marvel could create degeneration, where Beast alternates between different forms of monstrosity, with each arriving/departing writer.

I think that if he turns back into his ape beast form he should kill himself cuz for a few seconds, he was hoping he'd turn back into his human form, only to be all blue and hairy still. :o

A solution: instead of regeneration,like in Doctor Who, Marvel could create degeneration, where Beast alternates between different forms of monstrosity, with each arriving/departing writer.
Didn't they already do that with Archangel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"