X-Men - Part 8

The current status quo for the X-men rocks and its one of the best ideas to come out of the line in nearly 20 years. It cant be overstated that the X-line NEEDED this

I'm just a little burnt out on the mansion rn. Maybe they could do the Australia era. The X-men have actually had a lot of fun and different status quos.
Good for you, there's not going to be a X-Men movie anytime soon.

Its not like its coming out neXt year for you to clamor for a different setting.

Good for you, there's not going to be a X-Men movie anytime soon.

Its not like its coming out neXt year for you to clamor for a different setting.

Yeah, why bother even talking about it at all then! Next time you say something about what you want in an X-film I'll make sure to remind you that there isn't going to be an X-men movie anytime soon. Thanks.

The current status quo for the X-men rocks and its one of the best ideas to come out of the line in nearly 20 years. It cant be overstated that the X-line NEEDED this

HELL YA!

Well How are you getting burnt out with the X-Mansion, when the neXt X-Men movie isn't even announced? Yes, Dark PhoeniX is still recent but most of us here think/predict the X-Men movie reboot is years away. The earliest we might see the X-Mansion in another movie again is probably in 2024 or 2025. And even if the X-Mansion is going to be featured for the X time, its not going to be as tiring as featuring Mystique in another X-Men movie.

Is featuring the X-Mansion going to hinder the chance of other locations being featured in a film similar to Mystique's overeXposure in the films? I don't think so. And I don't think anyone/Marvel wants a movie that features the X-Mansion as the only location in the entire movie.

To me, it just sounds like a bad eXcuse/reason to feature Krakoa instead of the X-Mansion.

Last edited:
There isn't much more they can do with the mansion since 7 movies have adapted it fairly faithfully. We've never seen a comics-accurate Mystique. Big difference.

I'm down for Krakoa, Australia, San Francisco, etc.

There isn't much more they can do with the mansion since 7 movies have adapted it fairly faithfully. We've never seen a comics-accurate Mystique. Big difference.

Searebro/Namor joint film!

So, the Cable preview has him refering to Wolverine as "Uncle Logan". Hmmmmmmm......

At this point, I will be disappointed if the MCU doesn't embrace the triad.

The X-Mansion isn't a character, its a setting and again, if its featured, its not only going to be the only setting in the film. The X-Mansion wouldn't take screentime over the actual X-Men unlike bloody Mystique. You might as well say you're tired of seeing the X-Men in Earth. And you're ignoring the background/reason regarding their stay in Krakoa, Australia and San Francisco.

The X-Mansion isn't a character, its a setting and again, if its featured, its not only going to be the only setting in the film. The X-Mansion wouldn't take screentime over the actual X-Men unlike bloody Mystique. You might as well say you're tired of seeing the X-Men in Earth. And you're ignoring the background/reason regarding their stay in Krakoa, Australia and San Francisco.
Relax. You’re the one who compared the mansion to a character in the first place lmao

Last edited:
Relax. You’re the one who compared the mansion to a character in the first place lmao
I was making a point. I don't think I have seen anyone being tired/getting fatigue of the X-Mansion set in New York City aside from you. (Though you might be just saying because you're into Krakoa at the moment because its just so awesome). While you can find plenty of people tired of seeing Mystique in every X-Men film. Lmao.

Again, you are ignoring the reason why the X-Men moved to Krakoa, Australia and San Francisco in the first place and I don't think any of those three locations should be used as X-Men's hq in the first mcu Mutants film.

I don’t mind if they use the Mansion or not, I’m more interested with that characters they include.

I’d love to see Monet St Croix (currently in love with her tbh) or more Bishop. I’d pay for Daken to be included somehow, even just as a cameo. Aaaand as much as I love Wolvie...plz give space for the other characters QvQ can Cyclops actually have a personality this time round.

And even if the X-Mansion is going to be featured for the X time, its not going to be as tiring as featuring Mystique in another X-Men movie.

The X-Mansion isn't a character, its a setting

LOL okay whatever dude.

I was making a point. I don't think I have seen anyone being tired/getting fatigue of the X-Mansion set in New York City aside from you. (Though you might be just saying because you're into Krakoa at the moment because its just so awesome). While you can find plenty of people tired of seeing Mystique in every X-Men film. Lmao.

Again, you are ignoring the reason why the X-Men moved to Krakoa, Australia and San Francisco in the first place and I don't think any of those three locations should be used as X-Men's hq in the first mcu Mutants film.

I've actually talked to quite a few people on here who are also tired of the mansion but I don't know how that's relevant. I honestly can't follow your point.

There are a million ways we could get a setting outside of the mansion in the MCU but it's not a big deal right now anyway so cool down a bit.

I don’t mind if they use the Mansion or not, I’m more interested with that characters they include.

I’d love to see Monet St Croix (currently in love with her tbh) or more Bishop. I’d pay for Daken to be included somehow, even just as a cameo. Aaaand as much as I love Wolvie...plz give space for the other characters QvQ can Cyclops actually have a personality this time round.
I would love to see Bishop in the first film!

If Wolvie gets a smaller role I'd highly doubt we see his floppy-haired stupid-tattooed bastard son
Monet and Bish would be cool though, and Cyclops having a personality is a must
but do they go the boy scout he was for many years, the cool badass of Whedon's run, or the militant Magneto-lite of the past few years...?

If Wolvie gets a smaller role I'd highly doubt we see his floppy-haired stupid-tattooed bastard son
Monet and Bish would be cool though, and Cyclops having a personality is a must
but do they go the boy scout he was for many years, the cool badass of Whedon's run, or the militant Magneto-lite of the past few years...?
I mean I like Daken, but if they changed his hairstyle I would be very happy. And I wouldn’t complain about them ditching the tattoos lmao

I think a mix of cool badass-scout boy mix would be cool. Like he’s a confident leader and he kicks ass but he’d also save a kitten from a tree.

I've always thought Bishop would be a great perspective character. The X-men are larger-than-life icons in his future but he sees how much of a dramatic mess they are when he travels back in time. A great meta-hook.

Speaking of Bishop, he is serving in this tease from AIPT's X-men Monday

gcw3uEJ.jpg

I was watching Castlevania on Netflix and it seemed that there was an X-Men cameo just vague enough for them to get away with.
In the Infinite Corridor, a place from which different points in space and time and potentially different universes can be accessed through portals, one major portal is opened by an aboriginal Australian by spinning a bullroarer exactly like the mutant Gateway does.

Did Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto get moved to another date? On my reading list it said 18/03 as well. Now it's listed as 29/04. I've been enjoying the last few releases, but it does feel like there are a bit too many diverging plot threads.

Last edited:
Did Giant-Size X-Men: Magneto get moved to another date? On my reading list it said 18/03 as well. Now it's listed as 29/04. I've been enjoying the last few releases, but it does feel like there are a bit too many diverging plot threads.

Giant-Size X-men: Nightcrawler is now coming out before Magneto due to a last-minute artist change. The diverging plot threads remind me of the Claremont era when he would set things up that wouldn't get resolved for years and years. These payoffs are going to be stellar.

Anyone know how covid19 might affect the comics industry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"