X-Men - Part 8

Giant-Size X-men: Nightcrawler is now coming out before Magneto due to a last-minute artist change. The diverging plot threads remind me of the Claremont era when he would set things up that wouldn't get resolved for years and years. These payoffs are going to be stellar.

Anyone know how covid19 might affect the comics industry?

Diamond just announced that they were closing for the emergency, so no one is getting physical comics for a few weeks.

Giant-Size X-men: Nightcrawler is now coming out before Magneto due to a last-minute artist change. The diverging plot threads remind me of the Claremont era when he would set things up that wouldn't get resolved for years and years. These payoffs are going to be stellar.

Anyone know how covid19 might affect the comics industry?
Thanks. I'd love some kind of chart of overview to keep track of everything that's going on tho. I'm caught up, and enjoying things, but I'm also a bit lost. I guess this is why we're getting X-Men: Dawn of X Saga tho.

Last edited:
So, the Cable preview has him refering to Wolverine as "Uncle Logan". Hmmmmmmm......

At this point, I will be disappointed if the MCU doesn't embrace the triad.

I hope that never happens.

Disney wont allow it in films because it’s Disney but I’m happy to see it thrive under the radar in the comics

I think Marvel is starting this month too with reduced output.

Swords of X is coming out September now.

So I read Marauders #10.

I said a couple months (I think) ago that Krakoa X-Men feels like a cult.

I take that back, it’s a straight up self-appointed global dictatorship at this point. Heroes brainwashing people for ‘wrong think’ and not getting adequate backlash is gross, I don’t care who the ‘enemy’ is.

Bishop's new look is everything.

I think I've solved why Kitty cant use the gates and had trouble phasing on Krakoa. I think its bc Doug infected it with the TO virus and therefore her powers make her toxic to the island

Marauders 10 was a great issue to return with. That theory makes sense! Are there other mutants who inadvertently disrupt tech who are on the island?

So I read Marauders #10.

I said a couple months (I think) ago that Krakoa X-Men feels like a cult.

I take that back, it’s a straight up self-appointed global dictatorship at this point. Heroes brainwashing people for ‘wrong think’ and not getting adequate backlash is gross, I don’t care who the ‘enemy’ is.

Wow what an original take. You know the 'enemy' is a bunch of racists right? Did you sympathize with them when Emma stood up for oppressed human and mutant minorities?

You know the 'enemy' is a bunch of racists right? Did you sympathize with them when Emma stood up for oppressed human and mutant minorities?
Of course I'm against them being racist and anti-mutant, they obviously shouldn't be.

That still doesn't justify brainwashing.

I'm not saying that it shouldn't be used in stories, because it can make for some really interesting story plots. My issue is the fact that Emma is supposedly on the side of good, and those on the side of good don't brainwash people, because it is inherently evil.
If she had faced even a little backlash for her actions, that would be one thing, but she doesn't.

Countries which used to be or even are still under oppressive authorities have stories upon stories of brainwashing, and it's never a good thing.
Should the enemy have their butt's kicked and face punishment? Yes, of course, but brainwashing them isn't the way.
It's cowardly, unheroic, controlling and an abuse of power, all of which I'm against.

The read order is out and this thing is going to be 22 Chapters plus 2 prelude issues

Eapa2a-PX0-AEgje-W.jpg

That's a lot of chapters and the order is chaotic but I don't think I've been this excited for an X-men event since Second Coming.

That's a lot of chapters and the order is chaotic but I don't think I've been this excited for an X-men event since Second Coming.
Its crazy bc crossovers are usually 12 issues max with some side stories in other titles but it seems like every book is essential here and part of the overall narrative. I hope the execution is well bc this has the potential to drag on and lose focus

I would prefer if they just release 12 issues for X of Swords, than separate the storyline in five different titles.

Finally caught up on the #10 for New Mutants, Excalibur, and Marauders. Interesting stuff. These issues seemed a little more polished than some of the other standalone Dawn of X stuff.

22 parts for X of Swords is quite something. It's either gonna be an unfocused mess or absolutely amazing.

I hate it when they try to make me buy books I normally don't. :rant:

I'm gonna have to wait until it's all collected into trade paperbacks, because I'm absolutely awful with collecting single issues, especially when it comes to events.
I just forget.

I think Wolverine is the only title I was planning on not getting. I'm sure I could still skip that chapter and I would be fine... but then I'd have one chapter missing in my collection lol.

I have a new theory about Jean. What if Jean never died in House of X #4? I just re-read it and she confirmed the death of the other X-men to Xavier but her death was never confirmed. All we saw was the sentinel breaching her pod but unlike the other X-men, her death was not made explicit. Is it possible that Orchis captured her for intel?

Xavier only assumed she died bc his connection to her was severed but that could have simply happened bc she was attacked while trying to concentrate telepathically from space, not bc she died. I wonder if Orchis would corrupt and use her as a weapon against th X-men, especially if that Jean bonded with the PF and became Dark Phoenix

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"