X-Men - Part 8

Important to note that Kieron Gillen and Lucas Wernock are on Immortal X-men.

I do love the Immortal X-men image they have been using.

How many ongoing X-books are there now in total?

How many ongoing X-books are there now in total?

Currently, 8 ongoings (not counting the X-men Legends book) and 2 minis. All but one of which wrap up this month. Then 2 months of 1 ongoing and the HOX/POX Wolverine book setting up the new status quo. And based on the teaser, returning with 9 in March.

So Knights of X is looking to be a continuation of Excalibur. Which I am happy with, because I really enjoyed it when Howard was putting them in Otherworld. Rachel joining the cast would be great.

I do hope Knights of X is a bit more consistent than Excalibur tbh. It's still ahead of X-Force as a whole, but the quality varied quite a lot.

I do hope Knights of X is a bit more consistent than Excalibur tbh. It's still ahead of X-Force as a whole, but the quality varied quite a lot.

If they focus more on Otherworld related stories, I think it will do well. That does seem to be Howards strengths. I do hope Rachel is fully joining the cast.

If they focus more on Otherworld related stories, I think it will do well. That does seem to be Howards strengths. I do hope Rachel is fully joining the cast.
I do think Rachel might be a good addition. Rumor is that Gambit is still on the cast, which doesn't feel quite right, though Rogue is out at least. Otherworld related stories would indeed be a good direction, though I hope we move away a bit from the Arthurian stuff too.

I do think Rachel might be a good addition. Rumor is that Gambit is still on the cast, which doesn't feel quite right, though Rogue is out at least. Otherworld related stories would indeed be a good direction, though I hope we move away a bit from the Arthurian stuff too.

Gambit would be interesting to see with Wisdom and STRIKE. I assume Howard is going to play with them a bit more, because bringing back characters who have been dead for decades should probably have a reason.

So, confirmation that X-men Red is the continuation of SWORD. Probably a bit more focus on Storm than SWORD was initially.
Man, Krakoa's pit is really seeing some additions recently. And while I overall enjoyed Trial of Magneto, it did not need to be separate from X-factor, nor did it need to be 5 issues. I am happy that Wanda and Erik have mended, and that the whole House of M seems toward getting back to being a family. Especially Lorna and Wanda. Some weird interactions with the timeline of the books, as Wanda's creation would have made getting Destiny back easier. I do like that it takes some control away from Xavier and those who control the Cerebro backups.

SWORD was a bit of a surprise. I guess I should have figured, as Brand joining up with Krakoa was always a bit weird. Should be interesting to see how this will play with X-men Red.

Last edited:
Might be worth adding some spoiler tags there. :yay:

So, confirmation that X-men Red is the continuation of SWORD. Probably a bit more focus on Storm than SWORD was initially.

Glad to see my theory about X-Men Red turned out to be correct! Trial of Magneto definitely could've been a 2-3 issue X-Factor story. That said
I'm happy we get a 'Wanda redemption' story for this era of X-Men. Hope it sticks. Getting Thunderbird back is an interesting move. We'll see how that goes. It continues the current trend of evolving and further exploring concepts from the Claremont era, rather than just banking on nostalgia, which I appreciate. Toad taking the fall definitely is just in preparation for the Sabretooth comic though.

As for S.W.O.R.D.
The twist worked pretty well, though I liked having Brand (mostly) on the side of Krakoa. She was a big player with a critical voice. Then again, we've added a few of those anyway. Curious to see how this'll play out in DoX and very happy we're continuing this storyline.

I want to get back into X-men but I feel like the team has grown SO BIG that even I dont know where to start.

I want to get back into X-men but I feel like the team has grown SO BIG that even I dont know where to start.

Well, modern day X-men is interesting.

Start with House of X/Powers of X. And then, it really is just picking a book with a team, either creative or characters that you like. One thing I will say is that the Krakoa era has some really fun combinations of characters on teams.

I agree with Sithborg that HoX/PoX is still the place to start. From there just pick a team (or teams) that you like and otherwise read the event stories. :yay:

Not surprising, but Ewing is sticking to X-men Red, with Stefano Casselli as artist.

Important to note that Kieron Gillen and Lucas Wernock are on Immortal X-men.

I do love the Immortal X-men image they have been using.

I love the look of Immortal X-men

It helps that it's got a bunch of my fave heroes in the cast. Emma, Kate, Mystique, Destiny, Storm and Kurt

And I hope that Erik will still be part of the story even though he's going to quit the Council

Rachel is pretty much confirmed I think, she was in the preview image for the series so I'm guessing she's going to be a big part of the story

I hope they make all the queer subtext she and Betsy have been having in Excalibur canon in this book.

I love the look of Immortal X-men

It helps that it's got a bunch of my fave heroes in the cast. Emma, Kate, Mystique, Destiny, Storm and Kurt

And I hope that Erik will still be part of the story even though he's going to quit the Council

Well, based on some of the more images we've been getting, it looks like Magneto will be jumping to X-men Red, as well as Vulcan and Sunspot. But also, Gillen will be writing Sinister again, so that will be fun.

X-men: Yeah, Captain Krakoa is exactly who we all thought he was. I look forward to seeing the incident that precipitated his creation. Orchis taking Phobos is interesting. Should be interesting to see if it plays out a bit in X-men Red.

Inferno: Yeah, it sort of ended on a boring note. I will actually miss Hickman, but I am really glad the status quo wasn't reversed. I do like some of the set up presented. Omega and Nimrod hating humans as much as mutants should play out interestingly. Destiny mentioning that Doug is going to be consolidating power is interesting. I do love the development of Doug in this miniseries. With the threat of machines, I do wonder about the wisdom of having Warlock infect a bunch of Krakoa with the TO virus.

Election time

Vote in the 2022 X-Men Election Today

Another interesting mix. M is the likely winner, though this time I would not object as much as I did with Polaris. Still, some interesting choices to be had, I am leaning toward Firestar, just because she has rarely had X connections, but also some of the New X-men class would be interesting.

Election time

Vote in the 2022 X-Men Election Today

Another interesting mix. M is the likely winner, though this time I would not object as much as I did with Polaris. Still, some interesting choices to be had, I am leaning toward Firestar, just because she has rarely had X connections, but also some of the New X-men class would be interesting.
I recently read the comics where Firestar debuts so I've voted for her as well.

My vote goes to Bling! because I want to see this awesome shiny lesbian on the team

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"