Endgame Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

Iceman

Daffy Duck Vs The Joker
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss Cap in Avengers 4. Get this man a bloody shield! And I hope he survives to come back one day or gets one of the best death scenes ever. :csad:

giphy.gif

The latter. He will die, but it will be an epic and emotional death.

The latter. He will die, but it will be an epic and emotional death.
Does feel that way. :( But at least if they're going to do it, it's the right time. People were calling for it in AoU, CW and IW which I definitely disagreed with, but now would make sense.

I was very glad (obviously) that he didn't die in IW. That would have been wrong, especially with how little screen-time he actually got.

Yep, feels like now he will get a chance to be a proper joint lead character and go out in the way the Russos want (if that's what they want).

He turned out to be an amazing choice for the role. Couldn't have foreseen that he would suit it so well.

Last edited:
All I know is Cap better get all the screen time he deserves.

If this is his final MCU appearance it really better happen.

What will kill him, is the real question. And will he get some powerful last words? Please, Russos, don't pull a Loki death on Cap. Make his death meaningful, powerful, heart-wrenching - don't give us something pathetically sad. Gods, it gives me shivers every time I see Loki wield that stupid little knife, as if that was going to work against the guy with the Power Stone and the Space Stone!
And give Steve his shield back, please!

What will kill him, is the real question. And will he get some powerful last words? Please, Russos, don't pull a Loki death on Cap. Make his death meaningful, powerful, heart-wrenching - don't give us something pathetically sad. Gods, it gives me shivers every time I see Loki wield that stupid little knife, as if that was going to work against the guy with the Power Stone and the Space Stone!
And give Steve his shield back, please!
Yeah that seemed like a bit of a dumb move by Loki. I expect Cap to get his shield back at some point in this film.

I am hopeful he will survive. Either Cap or Iron Man are dying. I still have it at 60-40 in favor of Iron Man. But we will see.

I am hopeful he will survive. Either Cap or Iron Man are dying. I still have it at 60-40 in favor of Iron Man. But we will see.

Really? Iron Man, really? I don't see it: obviously, I thought that too, at first, but I just can't see it now. I think he'll survive, Thor will survive, and Hawkeye (boring though he may be) will survive.

Oh yeah, and Ant-man.

Really? Iron Man, really? I don't see it: obviously, I thought that too, at first, but I just can't see it now. I think he'll survive, Thor will survive, and Hawkeye (boring though he may be) will survive.

Oh yeah, and Ant-man.

Iron Man is the face of the MCU. Avengers 4 ends the MCU era that we have known, so I think poetically, Iron Man meeting his end makes the most sense. Plus, it gives RDJ the grandest stage to say goodbye (something I think the character deserves more than Cap given his contributions to starting the MCU).

I think it's one of those 2 but have it about 50/50. Evans publicly saying goodbye on twitter and signing up to 200 new projects also influenced my thinking.

I still don't think it'll be a definitive death, there'll be wiggle-room there given Feige has always said he has no plans to reboot the MCU.

I sort of smell a "for all intents & purposes he seems dead, as far as anyone else is concerned he is, but there's a little daylight there so they can find a way to bring the guy back in 10 years with a new actor" type of thing. Almost like the Red Skull situation, though probably *seeming* more final than that, like there's an actual body to mourn but there's some weird alien/quantum type of shiz at play that leaves wiggle-room.

I still don't think it'll be a definitive death, there'll be wiggle-room there given Feige has always said he has no plans to reboot the MCU.

I sort of smell a "for all intents & purposes he seems dead, as far as anyone else is concerned he is, but there's a little daylight there so they can find a way to bring the guy back in 10 years with a new actor" type of thing. Almost like the Red Skull situation, though probably *seeming* more final than that, like there's an actual body to mourn but there's some weird alien/quantum type of shiz at play that leaves wiggle-room.
Imagine they did that and managed to somehow bring him back 10 years later without it leaking. The audiences would go absolutely insane!!

I hope he says "Avengers Assemble!" before he dies.
He has to say this during the final battle, maybe at the start of it. No ifs or buts. Just say it exactly how it’s meant to be said.

I feel like I'm going to start bawling if and when Cap dies. It probably should happen in this movie.

I feel like I'm going to start bawling if and when Cap dies. It probably should happen in this movie.
You won’t be alone. :csad:

If he's going to die I have no doubt the Russos will do him justice. If they really want to get the waterworks going in the crowd have Cap, already near death, say "Avengers Assemble" as they get ready for the final push which will no doubt kill him.

I still think Cap lives and Tony dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back