Endgame Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

I think it's one of those 2 but have it about 50/50. Evans publicly saying goodbye on twitter and signing up to 200 new projects also influenced my thinking.

See a big part of me feels like Marvel wants us to think Evans is gone for good so we're more shocked when Iron Man dies. Like it is all part of a coordinated misdirection. They've been so secretive about A4, so why would they want Evans to hold up a big sign saying "I'm going to die" before the movie is out?

See a big part of me feels like Marvel wants us to think Evans is gone for good so we're more shocked when Iron Man dies. Like it is all part of a coordinated misdirection. They've been so secretive about A4, so why would they want Evans to hold up a big sign saying "I'm going to die" before the movie is out?
I think that’s definitely a fair case to make. I wouldn’t be surprised by either dying. I expect one of the 2 to die. If it’s none or both then that would be surprising for me.

If Evans isn't coming back I don't know how they can NOT have Cap die. If he doesn't die, everyone will just be clamouring for his return non-stop.

If this is Evans' last go, it has to be Cap's.

Evans seems to have moved on in the short/medium term judging by how much work he has accepted and the speed of doing so.

If Evans isn't coming back I don't know how they can NOT have Cap die. If he doesn't die, everyone will just be clamouring for his return non-stop.

If this is Evans' last go, it has to be Cap's.

By having Cap move on to a role off-screen until either he gets recast of Evans decides to comeback. It's really not that complicated. Death is not the only solution, though it seems to be the only thought fans can ever think of for a problem/resolution.

By having Cap move on to a role off-screen until either he gets recast of Evans decides to comeback. It's really not that complicated. Death is not the only solution, though it seems to be the only thought fans can ever think of for a problem/resolution.

The problem is that Captain America was (temporarily) killed in the comics, so that has dominated the thinking of some fans since before CATFA even came out. There are quite a few who think that Steve Rogers' only purpose is to die so that Bucky can take his place.

The problem is that Captain America was (temporarily) killed in the comics, so that has dominated the thinking of some fans since before CATFA even came out. There are quite a few who think that Steve Rogers' only purpose is to die so that Bucky can take his place.

I know, and it is a PoV I just don't understand. I don't even really feel like Cap sacrificing himself is a logical end point to his character arc given what we have seen in the movies, in all honesty.

Though coming back one day is one thing, it's because a re-cast is a total no go for many fans. I mean, I know I don't want Cap to be re-cast or for any other character to take on the mantle. So yeah, in my own humble opinion, if Evans is leaving I'd either like the character to be kept offscreen (with a hint nod here and there regarding where he is, what he's up to) or be killed.

He'll be re-cast eventually.

But young as Evans is, can't help but think they'll just ice him a while (not literally like the first time :oldrazz: ), let Chris go off and get the directing stuff out of his system, then make a big honkin' deal about 45 year old Rogers showing up and schooling everyone in 2030 or whatever. In-universe everyone will probably think he's dead though, and have good reason to. But pretty sure they'll leave wiggleroom.

RDJ though, wouldn't surprise me if he bites it here. Still have doubts on that for the same reasons, but seems to me he's more likely than Cap. Though both'll be going away for a while you'd figure.

Last edited:
Cannot kill both. Whoever dies second would undermine whoever died first and lessen the impact. Either one of them is a crescendo death. You can't have 2 crescendos.

They can both die together. Once crescendo, double impact.

Personally I hope neither dies though I expect one or both to go. And there is definitely no “cannot” as far as the possibility of both.

Double death like that doesn't work. One inevitably would be overshadowed

Joe Russo told ET Canada that Chris Evans "is not done yet" with Captain America.

This has me all a-twitter. Joe said "the audience will know soon enough," but I can't help speculating now. (Of course.) Will Steve survive and go on to star in another solo film? Is he going to get sent back in time to reunite with Peggy, as we've been speculating here? Could he be going off into space with the Guardians after forming a close friendship with Rocket? I need to know! :eek:

I sort of doubt we're getting Cap 4 as such with Evans, but yeah, sort of smelling some cameo stuff down the road. They'll almost definitely be giving him a break to go try his actor-to-director Clint Eastwood thing, but really wouldn't put money on a permanent kill-off here.

Some RDJ-in-Homecoming type of roles I'd guess are on the cards, stuff he can shoot in a day or two here-and-there, once every 3 or 4 years.

Joe Russo told ET Canada that Chris Evans "is not done yet" with Captain America.

This has me all a-twitter. Joe said "the audience will know soon enough," but I can't help speculating now. (Of course.) Will Steve survive and go on to star in another solo film? Is he going to get sent back in time to reunite with Peggy, as we've been speculating here? Could he be going off into space with the Guardians after forming a close friendship with Rocket? I need to know! :eek:

PLEASE LET IT BE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evans was so vulnerable and amazing in this trailer!
Now I really don't want him to die. Too sad. He suffered all his life, give this man some happiness.

On a side note, jeez, I'm seeing some hate on Peggy on twitter. What's it all about? It was just a photo.

can't trust the russo's.

my guess is that if they decide to keep the door open, he will be in some realm or maybe in the soul stone.

There's a good balance in those lines and Evans' delivery. There's still the Cap "Never say die" spirit but there's also the weight of the events having an obvious effect and giving me an impression of a Steve on the edge.

I think Steve dying is inevitable tying back to the first Avengers film about laying his life on the line to make that sacrifice play; coming full circle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"