The Mandalorian Chapter 22 Spoiler Thread

Arguably one of the most frustrating things about Din's writing is that they put him in a prime position to reexamine the weird cult he's in and have just decided to... not do that? He didn't walk anything, he just made a mistake in his perspective.
Yeah I'm still waiting on his "wake up" moment. I was sure one was coming at the start of the season. Now, not so much.

The hell he was. Boba showed up on his show, and was more John Wick then Din ever was. :funny:

Characters don't have plot. The story does. Characters have arcs. Din has sadly been a pretty static character for the most part, outside of my boy Rick's episodes.

When did Din walk both sides of the Mandalorian way?

Yes, Din cares about the Mandalorians. Which is why he knows they need a capable leader. Bo is a vet, with far more leadership skills, combat experience, and understanding of Mandalorian culture then anyone else on this show. Well, outside of maybe the Armorer, but we don't know who she actually is. Are you unaware of who Bo Katan is? She helped take back Mandalore from Maul. She helped retake it from the Empire. What makes her less qualified then Din, who doesn't even know traditional Mando cuisine?

Then why give false expectations by having Din wield the darksaber in the first place? I'm not saying that Bo Katan isn't worthy, but I don't get why her character is taking center stage on his show? Din feels like a regular supporting character on Bo Katan's show.

Also, I don't recall Din being so incompetent and useless as seen in this season.

Yeah I'm still waiting on his "wake up" moment. I was sure one was coming at the start of the season. Now, not so much.
The whole handling of the cult has felt kinda bizarre this season. Like they just... forgot they were a cult now? It's a big part of why this episode was delightful, because they weren't around.

A "transgression" he needed to be "redeemed" for. Letting his child see his face. That ain't walking both ways. That's sticking to your way and accepting punishment you think you deserved.

Damn, that's a good point. I didn't think of it like that.

I am hoping exposure to more than the 2 versions of Mando's he's met would help with that. At the very least, a new Saxon and Imperial Supercommandos would give him some pause. I've all but given up hope for them to even approach the New Mandos as a topic.

Then why give false expectations by having Din wield the darksaber in the first place? I'm not saying that Bo Katan isn't worthy, but I don't get why her character is taking center stage on his show? Din feels like a regular supporting character on Bo Katan's show.

Also, I don't recall Din being so incompetent and useless as seen in this season.

Largely, because they don't have a plan. We are seeing the weakness in their writing structure this season, as their original plan for season 3 was blown up.

Funny because I remember him being tossed around by a Blurrg in episode one, and being knocked off the top of a Sandcrawler by Jawas in episode 2, right before being saved from a Mudhorn by Grogu. He's never been incompetent (nor is he currently), but "John Wick of the Mandalorians" he most certainly has NEVER been.

That was the expectation you got. I know I, my brother, and @Snow Queen never got that impression. From what I saw from @Sithborg , he never got that impression. I'm sure that applies to many others. Especially when Din tried to give the darksaber back right after he got it. I think there is a chance he does it, but honestly, I expect him to be walking the galaxy like has been from the start. The darksaber trades hands for a reason. I still pray it gets back to the one who never lost it. Sabine Wren.

Din nearly killed himself on Boba using the darksaber. In the second episode of the show, he was dominated by Jawas. Luke Skywalker had to come save all of them in the finale of s2. You are acting like he's Anakin Skywalker. He isn't. He isn't even a top 5 Mando warrior in the SW canon.

I and Grogu would miss him dearly. He's a very endearing character, imo. One doesn't have to be the biggest badass or the destined leader of a lost civilization to be that. In fact what endears me to him are the moments when he's not remotely "badass" at all.

Endearing character, sure. But I feel like some of the other qualities that made him standout and become so popular with fans have been greatly watered down.

Like you, I was waiting for Din to have his big moment in this season. Now, I don't know whether he'll make any progression at this point or stand out as a character anymore.

Luckily for me, I can just switch over to Ahsoka if this show falls through like the "Book of Boba Fett".

The whole handling of the cult has felt kinda bizarre this season. Like they just... forgot they were a cult now? It's a big part of why this episode was delightful, because they weren't around.
Here is my hope. They are playing the long game, where the Armorer is waiting for a united Mandalore, and then tries to snatch power, Maul style. That would make most of this make sense. I just hope that doesn't end with a dead Bo.

Endearing character, sure. But I feel like some of the other qualities that made him standout and become so popular with fans have been greatly watered down.

Like you, I was waiting for Din to have his big moment in this season. Now, I don't know whether he'll make any progression at this point or stand out as a character anymore.

Luckily for me, I can just switch over to Ahsoka if this show falls through like the "Book of Boba Fett".
What qualities? Being able to bench a wampa?

That was the expectation you got. I know I, my brother, and @Snow Queen never got that impression. From what I saw from @Sithborg , he never got that impression. I'm sure that applies to many others. Especially when Din tried to give the darksaber back right after he got it. I think there is a chance he does it, but honestly, I expect him to be walking the galaxy like has been from the start. The darksaber trades hands for a reason. I still pray it gets back to the one who never lost it. Sabine Wren.

Din nearly killed himself on Boba using the darksaber. In the second episode of the show, he was dominated by Jawas. Luke Skywalker had to come save all of them in the finale of s2. You are acting like he's Anakin Skywalker. He isn't. He isn't even a top 5 Mando warrior in the SW canon.

So, in other words, the only reason why Din got the darksaber was to show that not anyone could wield it? If that's case, I'm sorry that he had to be the scapegoat to get that point across.

Darksaber aside, I'm mostly upset that he has no development left and that his spot has been taken by someone else on this show.

Arguably one of the most frustrating things about Din's writing is that they put him in a prime position to reexamine the weird cult he's in and have just decided to... not do that? He didn't walk anything, he just made a mistake in his perspective.
It's like Fav forgot it was a cult, and is not just treating it like it's normal. :funny:

What qualities? Being able to bench a wampa?

Being able to handle himself in a fight and not find himself getting constantly rescued. Something about the way Din and Bo has been portrayed in this season feels eerily familiar to how Zack Snyder played favorites with Batman and Superman's characters in BvS.

Here is my hope. They are playing the long game, where the Armorer is waiting for a united Mandalore, and then tries to snatch power, Maul style. That would make most of this make sense. I just hope that doesn't end with a dead Bo.
The Armorer's sudden embrace of Bo-Katan and her heretic ways DID feel extra shady, so I do hold out hope that that's intentional.

Din bullying the droids made me genuinely laugh. I'm just disappointed he didn't call the one he knocked down a ****in' nerd and steal his lunch money. I also got a good chuckle at the climactic duel taking place at what was basically a family cookout. They even had those folding chairs people take when they go camping. It was a fun episode, and the 44 minutes basically flew by. That's a good sign in my book.

I would also like a 6-episode Captain Bombardier miniseries. It would be a musical.

It's like Fav forgot it was a cult, and is not just treating it like it's normal. :funny:
It's weird because it's one of the more interesting elements of the show and Din's character. Season 1, it was kinda weird why the Mandos were just acting wildly different than any we had seen. Season 2 has ones we're familiar with show up and be like "oh, those guys are a cult." It was a cool idea that nicely recontextualized what we had been experiencing. And now... I hope they remember they did that. :o

The Armorer's sudden embrace of Bo-Katan and her heretic ways DID feel extra shady, so I do hold out hope that that's intentional.

Given how quick Bo Katan gave in to the cult, despite having a strong negative opinion about them back in Season 2, I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any ulterior motives for the Armorer.

So, in other words, the only reason why Din got the darksaber was to show that not anyone could wield it? If that's case, I'm sorry that he had to be the scapegoat to get that point across.

Darksaber aside, I'm mostly upset that he has no development left and that his spot has been taken by someone else on this show.
Who said that? Who even came close to saying that?

His spot hasn't been taken. He was literally in this entire episode. The way you're talking about it, it seems like you would've been happy with the episode, if Din had fought instead of Bo. Which would've made no sense.

Who said that? Who even came close to saying that?

His spot hasn't been taken. He was literally in this entire episode. The way you're talking about it, it seems like you would've been happy with the episode, if Din had fought instead of Bo. Which would've made no sense.

Well, you and everyone else rightfully pointed out how dangerous it was for Din to wield the darksaber with his current experience.

Again, my biggest issue with Din is how he's being used and his lack of character arcs. It fjust feels like he's there to either accompany Bo Katan or partake in the next side quest with no long-term development behind his decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"