DC Universe - Justice League: War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flashpoint is Johns, TDKR 1 and 2 are Frank Millar so it hasn't been three in a row of adapted Johns works.

Justice League: War details!

It's based off Geoff Johns & Jim Lee's Justice League: Origins, if there is 1 change i'd love is that Darkseid doesn't just "hurr, i invade" but that he has already weakened Planet Earth thru politicians and Evil Factories, just a little nod, please!

Just bring back Michael Ironside. Andre Braugher-love the actor-was just so flat as Darkseid last time we saw the character, imho.

Just bring back Michael Ironside. Andre Braugher-love the actor-was just so flat as Darkseid last time we saw the character, imho.

None of the other DCAU actors are coming back... so I'd rather Ironside didn't.

I love Ironside, if he came back that'd be awesome.

Braugher was miscast, he'd have been a great Mongul IMO.

2 Batman movies announced for the Johns complainers. :p Batman & Son + Assault on Arkham

I wonder if Assault on Arkham will have Batman team up with other heroes i.e. Green Arrow or others within the Batman family.

The sneak peak to JL: War reveal little mre tidbits: Shazam is in the movie, as well as some hints from what the characters have done after the origin story, such s the hint that Superman and Wonder Woman are dating.

Well I liked Flashpoint and I really liked Unbound, so bring another Johns story on! :)

Last edited:
I think the plan is for this to launch a new Justice League animated series based on the New 52. And if Bruce Timm returns to oversee this, I'm all in!

i really like the new 52 justice league so i'm on board :D

Strangelly i don't mind, i would actually like them to do sequels to this

Agreed... And O' Mara does sound amazing.

I think he's the first Irish guy to play Batman. :yay:

It's not identical, but it's close. If you can't hear any Conroy-esque tones in his voice, you're deaf.

I'm honestly glad they didn't go with the DCAU voices for this project... I want a completely NEW version of the League in animation and while I don't think this is the best jumping off point in terms of story, I'm sure the crew will jazz it up.

It's not identical, but it's close. If you can't hear any Conroy-esque tones in his voice, you're deaf.

I agree, he's very Conroy-ish. If the rest of is work is as good as that preview he could definitely take the mantle of the go-to Batman voice. Very impressed, bet part of that preview

At least its based on a story that Cyborg was actually in to begin with unlike when they shoehorned him in to Justice League: Doom where he was basically pointless and it felt like "The Justice League and Their Black Best Friend Cyborg!"

I'm a bit nonplussed that this is the third Johns adaptation in a row and as much as I love Batman I don't think they should only be making Batman movies either.

At least its based on a story that Cyborg was actually in to begin with unlike when they shoehorned him in to Justice League: Doom where he was basically pointless and it felt like "The Justice League and Their Black Best Friend Cyborg!"

Are you saying they shouldn't have made him black? :huh:

And he wasn't pointless in Doom at all. He wasn't in the original story, yes, but neither were Barry or Hal or Vandal Savage or Metallo or Star Sapphire or Mirror Master or Cheetah or Bane or Ma'alefa'ak. They still served a purpose within the story. And the reason he didn't seem like part of the Justice League and just their friend was because... He wasn't part of the Justice League and just their friend. That's why he wasn't attacked by Vandal Savage and was able to help Batman and figure out the villains were teaming up to attack them. Which was also an aspect missing from the original comic.

There are several characters in Doom who weren't in Tower of Babel. Pretty much everyone but Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter. Not sure why Cyborg has to be singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"