Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

it would be great if one day we could have a watch party (over zoom or something) for MCU F4 with all the regulars who post in this subforum
I like this idea. I have a policy of not using Zoom or Skype or things like that, but maybe by the time the FF movie comes out, I will have changed my mind.

Last edited:
Happy holidays to my fellow Fantastic Four fans!

FHb8lAFXEAQoNXf

What does everyone think of the rumor surrounding Dr. Strange 2 and
a certain leader of the F4 showing up...ranging from a past Richards to the actor that will play him for the MCU

What does everyone think of the rumor surrounding Dr. Strange 2 and
a certain leader of the F4 showing up...ranging from a past Richards to the actor that will play him for the MCU

With the way things are going, combined with reports that they had reshoots related to additional cameos, I’m betting it’s the former rather than the latter (if there’s even any truth to it).

And as much as I’d like to see FF characters, I think it’s too early to introduce him as the latter. I think we have to get a more basic introduction before seeing him in that position.

With the way things are going, combined with reports that they had reshoots related to additional cameos, I’m betting it’s the former rather than the latter (if there’s even any truth to it).

And as much as I’d like to see FF characters, I think it’s too early to introduce him as the latter. I think we have to get a more basic introduction before seeing him in that position.
I'd be happy with some sort of Easter Egg, like a piece of Tech with R. Richards Manufacturing on it, or a news story about the leader of Latveria, a relative discussion among some Watchers, something. Preferably in the post credits scene, where it would carry a little more weight.

Mind you, if there's a cameo in the main movie, that's great . But if it's just an Easter Egg, I'd rather see it in the post credits scene.

Happy New Year F4 fans! Last year we got zero news on this movie, but hopefully 2022 will rectify that especially now that Jon Watts is done with Spider-Man for now. Now he can shift his focus onto our favorite superpowered quartet so hopefully we’ll get updates. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
the way things are going we will get news for F4 after the movie that precedes it comes out

I'd be happy with some sort of Easter Egg, like a piece of Tech with R. Richards Manufacturing on it, or a news story about the leader of Latveria, a relative discussion among some Watchers, something. Preferably in the post credits scene, where it would carry a little more weight.

Mind you, if there's a cameo in the main movie, that's great . But if it's just an Easter Egg, I'd rather see it in the post credits scene.

It’s disappointing to me that they didn’t drop anything in No Way Home.

At this point they have to have a rough plan for how they’ll introduce the FF.

So it would be a simple thing to drop a quick reference related to whatever they plan to do.

It’s disappointing to me that they didn’t drop anything in No Way Home.

At this point they have to have a rough plan for how they’ll introduce the FF.

So it would be a simple thing to drop a quick reference related to whatever they plan to do.
I think nothing FF was hinted at in NWH because of the whole Sony-marvel joint. I'd say to look out for something starting with Multiverse of Madness.

If this year is the year, I wonder when they will announce it.

SDCC, D23, or a random date?

Cast is what I'm mainly talking about. I can see Marvel revealing both at the same time.

At this moment, release date is key to me.

FF fans have something of a collective PTSD that started with the Corman film.

Ever since then, we’ve been promised films that never came (at least not in a form any of us wanted ).

I don’t think Marvel is doing it intentionally, but by not giving us a release date, for a film that will presumably come out within roughly two years, they’re continuing that feeling of “This will never happen” to a group that that has come to learn disappointment is to be expected.

Cast is important too, because that will give us an idea if they really do “get it” (the cast for Fant4stic was the first bit of bad news in what ultimately became a slow-motion train wreck).

… but when we don’t even have a release date, we don’t have anything.

And the absence of information is like a rolled up newspaper being held over a dog that’s been hit with that newspaper too many times in the past.

Last edited:
^ idk the fact that this video exists makes me think otherwise - also F4 was the last announement. which means Feige is placing them as first priority - save the best for last

Last edited:
Also remember that the current state of the world is causing continuous production delays/shut downs, so things are constantly changing.

Also remember that the current state of the world is causing continuous production delays/shut downs, so things are constantly changing.
That’s definitely a factor. If not for the pandemic causing delays & shutdowns we’d likely would’ve had the F4 cast right now.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You kids sound as optimistic as I was in the early 90’s when Fangoria was telling me a cool Fantastic Four movie was just around the corner.

You’ll learn.:cwink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

You kids sound as optimistic as I was in the early 90’s when Fangoria was telling me a cool Fantastic Four movie was just around the corner.

You’ll learn.:cwink:
Why do I feel like this is closer to the truth than we might care to believe? :csad:
Maybe there's a curse on this franchise.

I trust in Kevin Fiege. I believe in Kevin Fiege. No Fox mucking things up and no Roger Corman.
I'm not so sure I trust Fiege, he may be too "woke". Like how people are starting to call it the "M She U" because he wants to replace major heroes with female versions.

I'm not so sure I trust Fiege, he may be too "woke". Like how people are starting to call it the "M She U" because he wants to replace major heroes with female versions.

Those people are ignorant and complaining over nothing. Everything he's done has been very comicbook accurate in terms of how the women of Marvel have been used. No one has been replaced by a female version so it's complaining for the sake of it.

And before anyone starts, Kate Bishop and Jane Foster taking in the respective mantles of Hawkeye and Thor is comic accurate. With Jane's being considered one of the best modern Thor stories. So anyone complaining about them are trolls who don't read comics.
I bet people will complain about Sue being the most powerful FF member when the team is introduced, even though it's been that way for over 40 years.

I trust in Kevin Fiege. I believe in Kevin Fiege. No Fox mucking things up and no Roger Corman.

I might have said this a few years ago, but after Black Widow, Shang Chi, Eternals, Wandavision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier, my faith in him is seriously shaken.

I liked Loki and Hawkeye, but while they were good in comparison to the others I listed, they still weren’t great, and the fact remains that Marvel has made more stinkers than great films/shows in recent years.:csad:

Just be as comic accurate as possible. That’s all I ask for. Starts with casting and a good script. Marvel has rarely missed with their actors. RDJ as IM, Chris Evans as CA, Chadwick Boseman as BP, Cumberbatch as DS, ScarJo as BW, Tom H as SM…every major player so far has pretty much looked and sounded like their comic book counterpart. Little tweaking here and there but Feige and co. have been quite faithful to Marvel lore overall. He respects the fandom. I really doubt they’ll give us something totally left field with the FF.

I might have said this a few years ago, but after Black Widow, Shang Chi, Eternals, Wandavision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier, my faith in him is seriously shaken.

I liked Loki and Hawkeye, but while they were good in comparison to the others I listed, they still weren’t great, and the fact remains that Marvel has made more stinkers than great films/shows in recent years.:csad:
I think he understands better than anyone else how crucial it is to get the Fantastic Four right. And personally out of everything listed there I think the weakest links were black widow which imo might have been better had it been out before infinity war, and Eternals which was always a tough sell but still not a bad movie by any means. But that's my take, I'm optimistic.

Those people are ignorant and complaining over nothing. Everything he's done has been very comicbook accurate in terms of how the women of Marvel have been used.
With all due respect, I think it's a little too early to decide if those people's complaints have merit or not. As for being comic book accurate, the comic book industry itself has been accused of putting woke politics ahead of good stories for several years now. So there's a big difference between being true to Lee/Kirby's original stories (for example), and being comic book accurate to a story from the last couple of years.

I almost feel like I don't care what they do to the rest of the MCU, just leave the woke politics out of my Fantastic Four, please. That would be a little disingenuous though, because I've enjoyed the MCU up until now. Not really feeling a refocusing on a wave of legacy heroes though, if that's what the plan is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"