Fantastic Four General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

If Marvel is able to bring together Fox's versions of Charles and Reed when Fox never did, directed by Raimi of all, that will blow my mind.

Rumor is a member has already been cast

Someone believes it's Reed played by Jamie Dornan based on a blind item a month or so ago and Jamie confirming he's met with Marvel

This is all rumour on top of rumour so grain of salt of course. But Jamie Dornan is an interesting pick for Reed. I wouldn't be mad at that casting.

While I wouldn't assume Reed is the role Dornan is up for , he does have a past with Disney going back to Once Upon A Time.

I haven't seen Belfast ,but he does look a bit like an old school Alex Ross version of Reed in this picture

DDXEciatt6w9n3iwKoBk2b.jpeg

EwdhAyDWEAAn62Q.jpg

If not Reed, how about Dornan for Doom?

No from me. Jamie isn't menacing enough. Even Cillian Murphy would be a better Doom

Robert-Capa-Gif-cillian-murphy-as-robert-capa-in-sunshine-18743490-500-213.gif

Last edited:
I saw Jack Blacks tik tok post saying he spoke to Fiege recently And I wonder for what role it might have been for. The first one that comes to mind is Mole Man which lowkey could be great.

Someone believes it's Reed played by Jamie Dornan based on a blind item a month or so ago and Jamie confirming he's met with Marvel

This is all rumour on top of rumour so grain of salt of course. But Jamie Dornan is an interesting pick for Reed. I wouldn't be mad at that casting.

He'd be an interesting choice. He does kinda fit the profile Feige seems to have used when casting Cap, Thor, and Star Lord.

I saw Jack Blacks tik tok post saying he spoke to Fiege recently And I wonder for what role it might have been for. The first one that comes to mind is Mole Man which lowkey could be great.
Maybe. What would worry me is if he played it too much like Jack Black. Like Jim Carrey's Riddler, I always saw Jim Carrey, not the Riddler.

Maybe. What would worry me is if he played it too much like Jack Black. Like Jim Carrey's Riddler, I always saw Jim Carrey, not the Riddler.
I could understand that. Hopefully if it was true the writing and direction can get him in the right head space to not just play himself.

Jack Black doing the voice for Impossible Man could be fun. I don’t know about Moleman.

that or MODOK

hot take - Jack Black is the perfect height and build to be comic book accurate Wolverine - he just needs to get more cut

true. off topic but Paul Dano's riddler from a 2 minute trailer is already better (more comic accurate with the spirit of the character, not in appearance) than Carrey's lol

on topic - it would be great if one day we could have a watch party (over zoom or something) for MCU F4 with all the regulars who post in this subforum

Well I suppose he could work. Does that mean he and Sue are into some weird kink though? Fifty Shades of Invisible?

Gruffudd could have been a really, really good Reed with proper writing and directing. I'd love to see him interact with one of the Xaviers.

Agreed, especially now that he's older. He's been more like Reed in everything else he's been in except for FF. In the TV series Forever, he was very much like Reed, but also had a darker edge to him. And he came across as very intelligent and knowing everything while still being capable and charming.

If, and I say IF, Xavier and Reed (and other variants of Fox's versions of Marvel characters) get to interact in the MCU, I wonder what the old Fox stans on these forums will think about it, when Marvel does something Fox was never able to do.

The new F4 movie should just use the Yellowstone cast.

Mr. Fantastic - Cole Hauser
Invisible Woman - Kelly Reilly
Human Torch - Luke Grimes
The Thing - Ryan Bingham

Dr. Doom - Kevin Costner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"