Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they are.

I see. Well, yeah I think it's best to EV train them so until then. :p

Once I beat the game I have not had a chance to play consistently :(

Damn

I have more fun breeding moves onto Pokemon. Like Adamant Shroomish with its hidden ability that knows Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, and Bullet Seed.

Yeah, it's really fun doing stuff like that. Experimenting with new Pokemon, abilities, etc.

Well, if you're breeding with a Ditto, then it's just normal. The Pokemon breeding with the Ditto should have its Hidden Ability. There's a small chance that a baby will have it, not 100%.

If not breeding with a Ditto, then I think it needs to be a female who should have the Hidden Ability.

Obviously, this only applies to the latest game.

You first have to get the Hidden Ability Pokemon. In X and Y, the only way you can is the Horde Pokemon and Friend Safari. If you ever encounter a female Pokemon in Friend Safari, it's a good idea to try to catch it.

It's better to have a female with the hidden ability since the father is irrelevant. The child has a 60% of inheriting it.

If the father has the hidden ability, the ONLY way to pass it on is with a Ditto and the child has a 60% chance of inheriting it. If you breed an HA father with a non-HA mother of the same species, the child will NOT inherit the HA. This applies to genderless Pokemon as well.

Cool. I thought hidden abilities were impossible to get.

Some Pokemon you actually can't get their Hidden Abilities. I don't think any Legendary Pokemon has been available with their hidden ability. The Gen II and V starters are the most well-known non-legendary with this case as well. Which is unfortunate because Feraligatr and Emboar would be more viable with Sheer Force and Reckless, respectively.

Funny story. I looked at my Passerby and saw someone with the message, "Need Mew!" I actually have a spare Mew, so I thought, "I'll try trading it to them and making their day with a random act of generosity." Who knows? Maybe they'll have a legendary I don't have or something cool. On the 3rd trade attempt, they accept my trade request. I show and offer my Mew. This person showed me a level 100 shiny Mew :dry:

Last edited:
Oh man :funny:

The Hidden Ability Pokemon that you can't get in Friend Safari, you can always find someone to trade with who may have any Hidden Ability Pokemon from the previous gens.

Yup. There's a Pokemon Giveaway section on Reddit. That's actually how I've received my Pokemon I can use competitively. Some people want 6 IV Pokemon and get rid of the rest which will have up to 5 IVs and can still be used competitively.

Some Pokemon you actually can't get their Hidden Abilities. I don't think any Legendary Pokemon has been available with their hidden ability. The Gen II and V starters are the most well-known non-legendary with this case as well. Which is unfortunate because Feraligatr and Emboar would be more viable with Sheer Force and Reckless, respectively.

Funny story. I looked at my Passerby and saw someone with the message, "Need Mew!" I actually have a spare Mew, so I thought, "I'll try trading it to them and making their day with a random act of generosity." Who knows? Maybe they'll have a legendary I don't have or something cool. On the 3rd trade attempt, they accept my trade request. I show and offer my Mew. This person showed me a level 100 shiny Mew :dry:

If you're still looking to be nice my friend code is 1134-7843-8064

So this is happening right now: Twitch Plays Pokemon.

It takes the chat and inputs it into the game. So it's complete chaos. Amazingly they have beaten like two gym leaders, which is impressive. It's been going for almost two days now.

It takes the chat and inputs it into the game. So it's complete chaos. Amazingly they have beaten like two gym leaders, which is impressive. It's been going for almost two days now.

I posted about this in the Community. They're finally getting out of Cerulean City.

My god this is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

Six days in now (almost seven days) and they're 4 badges in.

I've been following the Twitch thing. Really great stuff. :funny:

[YT]V2RPlWVMf-w[/YT]

So I just picked up Y.. and I gotta say this is the first time in a long time that I've had this much fun in a Pokemon. Probably since the GBA versions.

What sort of background do I need on this twitch thing before I start watching? I want to see what they're trying to do with the fossils.

Has anyone read the manga, Pokemon Adventures? I picked up the first 4 volumes, and despite being a little bit different (and darker to boot), it's pretty great. Definitely recommend it.

Yeah I've read that. I was astounded to see how dark it was, and I surprisingly liked it.

I'm already up to Vol. 4, I'm zooming through it, which is definitely a good thing. Are they up to X/Y yet, would you know?

That awesome moment when Blue's Charmeleon swiped the head off that Arbok
:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay