Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't... Heard good things. Is it called Pokemon Adventures? I can only find children books on Amazon under that title..

http://www.whatmobile.net/2014/02/21/live-america-nintendo-3ds-xl-2ds-can-download-pokemon-x-y-free/

If you’re lucky enough to both reside in the United States of America and own one of Nintendo’s fantastic handhelds, either a 3DS XL or a 2DS, then you’re in for a real treat.

Satoru Iwata must be going soft on you lot, as Nintendo are putting both Pokémon X and Pokémon Y up for download on their eStore for free.

The only catch, if you can call it that, is that you must register a both your handheld console as well as one of six games: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Yoshi’s New Island, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and Mario Kart 7. The registration costs nothing, but is presumably in place to provide proof of ownership (and lets be honest, if you have a 3DS or 2DS and don’t own any of those six titles then you have bigger problems to worry about).

Upon registration you’re sent a download code and away you go! As the offer has not officially been released by Nintendo yet, you’ll have to wait until March before searching for it on the store. Sorry if we got your hopes up a little prematurely.

What makes this particular offer really stand out is because of the nature of the games. Not only is the Pokémon franchise absolutely huge and a real system-seller for Nintendo, but X and Y are the first Pokémon titles to be released on the 3DS and 2DS. What’s more, they were only released six months ago!

If you haven’t seen your way to checking out either of the landmark titles yet then you should be licking your lips in anticipation. If you already purchased it at full retail price six months ago…well…hopefully you’ve enjoyed the game?

Good news if you're eligible. Sucks if you're outside of the US or have a regular 3DS.

Last edited:
I'm already up to Vol. 4, I'm zooming through it, which is definitely a good thing. Are they up to X/Y yet, would you know?

That awesome moment when Blue's Charmeleon swiped the head off that Arbok
:awesome:

Not sure if they're up that far, though. I stopped reading because it was too dark for me :oldrazz:

There is, you're right :funny:

There are tournament applications for UK gamers.

Man, watching the Twitch thing makes me want to go back and play the originals. I'm surprised they're not available for download on the virtual console.

Hey Scarecrow. I received Pokémon Red as a Christmas present back when it first came out in the U.S. I also reserved a copy of Pokémon Gold for pickup on its U.S. release date. Now, my Red is still playable. I can still save my progress. Not so with Gold, for some reason. I don't even get a message about the internal battery (as I do with Ruby).

Weird.

I never got a message about battery before my Silver and Gold crapped out on me. I'm not sure Game Freak thought about the battery dying. Small game, not a lot of power needed. They might've thought the it would never need to be replaced.

I haven't picked up my Ruby or Sapphire in a while, but I never got a battery message on those either. Did they have batteries?

I notice that my Emerald and Sapphire's battery has dried out. So clock events won't work anymore, but I can still save.

Not sure if they're up that far, though. I stopped reading because it was too dark for me :oldrazz:

It's weird, I've read on Bulbapedia that X (Calem / Male character in X) has made an appearance in the series, but it lists no issue, nor can I find any information about the X/Y Adventures at all. :/

I notice that my Emerald and Sapphire's battery has dried out. So clock events won't work anymore, but I can still save.

It's actually really easy to replace the batteries on them, I did for Sapphire, Ruby, Gold & Silver. Red/Blue/Yellow battery still work perfectly for me. :D

Really? I *just* got a 2DS and Pokémon Y..

Did you register your 2DS yet? There's Pokemon X.

So I'm assuming if I already have a 3DS XL and any of those games I can't register?

Since it hasn't been officially announced, I would guess that you have to register a system and any one of those games during the promotion to get it.

It's actually really easy to replace the batteries on them, I did for Sapphire, Ruby, Gold & Silver. Red/Blue/Yellow battery still work perfectly for me. :D

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for future reference :) Right now, all I need is for Double Edge for my Hitmonlee and Aerodactyl, so all I need is to trade.

It's weird, I've read on Bulbapedia that X (Calem / Male character in X) has made an appearance in the series, but it lists no issue, nor can I find any information about the X/Y Adventures at all. :/

Wouldn't it make more sense if the male character was Y?

ive yet to go on Pokemon X since like early January. I have to download that Pokemon Bank to get my free Celebi!!

I dont think I need a subscription for full Pokemon Bank. Unless people wonder trade so many old pokemon.

When anyone's ready, I hope that they will battle.

Last edited:
I registered my system when I got it at Christmas. Crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"