Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Crazy times. Wonder who is gonna be the next big tent pole to cave and go to VOD.

Mulan's always rumored to be sent to streaming since March, probably ran out of marketing fees. Black Widow, WW84, Tenet etc should be fine with theater releases.

Think New Mutant's gone streaming too? What a tough journey for that film

Huge, spectacular blast in Beirut, Lebanon. Just look at some videos --never seen such shockwave before.

It's August and 2020 ain't done yet...what next? Alien landing?
eTBP7Ee.gifv

eTBP7Ee.gif

If things dont start to normalize in the US, they will have no choice but to drop Black Widow, Tenet, WW 84 etc on VoD. They cant hold these movies forever. Money needs to start getting paid back.

I wouldn't pay $30 ($37 if you don't already have a Disney+ subscription) for Mulan but I might for films like WW84, Black Widow and Dune.

Any of those movies they charge 30 bucks to rent will be up on the internet for free within an hour.

I understand the hesitation from the perspective of studios.

it's definitely very risky. I actually hope something like Dune won't get a VOD release because the profit margin (if it profits at all) would be so small that part 2 wouldn't get made.

Nolan would never let that happen, he’d sooner invent a time machine and go back to prevent Covid himself.

now that’s an idea.....

True...cut to Nolan barging in a lab somewhere, grabbing a test tube out of someone’s hand and coming out the next day with a vaccine.

Or maybe he’d contaminate a city’s water supply with a cure, then, using focused microwaves, deliver said cure by blowing pipes in massive steam cloud.

Huge, spectacular blast in Beirut, Lebanon. Just look at some videos --never seen such shockwave before.

It's August and 2020 ain't done yet...what next? Alien landing?
eTBP7Ee.gifv

eTBP7Ee.gif
I would honestly embrace our extraterrestrial overlords. :o

After the exchange rate, 30 USD is about $40 here. That's what I pay for my silly 3GB monthly mobile plan...

Mulan's always rumored to be sent to streaming since March, probably ran out of marketing fees. Black Widow, WW84, Tenet etc should be fine with theater releases.

Think New Mutant's gone streaming too? What a tough journey for that film
It's releasing on Aug 28th.

While not ideal in that you have to stay a subscriber, this is a much better deal than paying $30 for one-time rental. And if you have kids and they can watch this thing as many times as they want then it's defintiely worth it. Or you could just wait 3-4 months until it becomes free on D+.

While this may work for Mulan, it may not be a great idea for other movies, for example Joker made 1 bil worldwide, would it make same profit (or even same amount as Mulan would make) if it was released on a streaming service similar to Disney+ ?

While not ideal in that you have to stay a subscriber, this is a much better deal than paying $30 for one-time rental. And if you have kids and they can watch this thing as many times as they want then it's defintiely worth it. Or you could just wait 3-4 months until it becomes free on D+.

Still not planning on seeing it either way.

While this may work for Mulan, it may not be a great idea for other movies, for example Joker made 1 bil worldwide, would it make same profit (or even same amount as Mulan would make) if it was released on a streaming service similar to Disney+ ?

You think Mulan wouldn't have made a billion under normal circumstances? I think it would have. It seems that studios have made peace with the fact that box office will be dead for a while and they're trying to make at least some money (as opposed to all of the money) with their finished films now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"