• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Lounge of Justice - Part 90

I don't know to feel about Ayer going out and writing essays in response to checkmarks

I guess he has no choice given he doesn't have the rabid fanbase Snyder does. The crazier side of the Snyder fandom made a lot of checkmarks go private after ganging up on them

I was going to mention I remember him saying that back in the day but didn't think it was worth it. I have no ill will towards the guy and like most of the film that was released. The parts I don't like were 100% him (Joker) so I have zero interest in what his cut would be but I get he is upset about it and people should just leave him alone.
I’m only curious to see his cut because it’s to my understanding it was a more serious & somber in tone as opposed to the pseudo-Guardians knockoff vibe of theatrical. With Ayer’s letter, I’m even more curious since he reveals his cut was apparently put together by Nolan’s longtime editor Lee Smith, who edited TDK among other movies. Even if it’s bad(which it might as well be) I’d like to see it anyway. I’d liked the see the movie this trailer showed us we were getting before s*** hit the fan with BvS, and the studio started tinkering with the film.

I'm assuming Ayer's cut will be released eventually, only question is whether it'll be sooner like ZSJL or later like Donner's Superman II.

The Green Knight

Quick review.

This is a slowburning masterpiece! Most folks will hate it.

I also want to say my showing was packed. Filled with coughing, sniffling, ppl coming in 10-15 minutes late, getting up and forth to I assume the restroom, folks around us checking their phones, whispering, making jokes etc. Nah, I do not miss the theater going experience. I have a 70 inch tv with optical sound, I would've been more than fine watching this at home, but hoping this still makes enough money for A24 for continuing to embrace the weird.

I will hold out till The Batman next year. Even then, I'm waiting at least a week after initial release.

The Green Knight

Quick review.

I also want to say my showing was packed. Filled with coughing, sniffling, ppl coming in 10-15 minutes late, getting up and forth to I assume the restroom, folks around us checking their phones, whispering, making jokes etc. Nah, I do not miss the theater going experience. I have a 70 inch tv with optical sound, I would've been more than fine watching this at home, but hoping this still makes enough money for A24 for continuing to embrace the weird.

I will hold out till The Batman next year. Even then, I'm waiting at least a week after initial release.

Hate it because its slow? Like in a Bladerunner 2049 kind if way?

Last edited:

giphy.gif

It seemed pretty obvious to me that this was gonna be well received, Gunn just knows what he's doing when it comes to CBMs.

It seemed pretty obvious to me that this was gonna be well received, Gunn just knows what he's doing when it comes to CBMs.

I am usually the optimist around here but I never thought it would be received to this level. I figured low 80s...97% is pretty insane especially since it isnt the obscure reviewers like Tom's Web Site For Films or something.

Let's put it like this. Every single positive review I've seen has cautioned that the audience be patient and not freak out when it feels like nothing is happening. Def sounds very slowburn.

The Green Knight

Quick review.

Can't wait to check it out!

Well, BR2049 which I also consider a modern masterpiece had some action set pieces. GK is not about that. The groans I heard after the credits hit was bliss to my ears tho! I give a better review in the kane and bn thread.

This is wild. DC takes a lot of big swings, they dont always hit but when they do, they knock the ball out the damn stadium.

im gald this movie is getting great review and it not just because it James Gun. When he was a target of cancel culture i was hoping Disney wont do the predictable thing and fire him but they did. it so sad how people use twitter as a weapon and try to ruin people for things from their past. I was happy the WB hired him and also Disney bringing him back. funny thing a friend of mine called it that disney was going to hire him back they just needed the twitter warriors to move on to something else, gotg is as much his baby as it is theirs

Now is probably his most busy period cuz his going straight into Gotg vol3 after this which will bring more success. i see this as a big middle finger to people who still push cancel culture over similar things that is what im most happy about.

Also, I hope this will embolden DC to continue to delve into R rated content. That could be their “edge” over Marvel who has already gone on record stating their films will never not be family friendly. Nothing wrong with PG-13 but its nice to have the more adult alternatives every now and then, a Joker or a Birds of Prey or this.

As long as it isn't "R for Rs Sake". Let the story dictate it.

i second this, most of this comic books are based on properties that are not R rated. the content might lend itself to it but it doesnt need it. these characters have existed for decades without needing to resort to such to attract new fans or stay relevant.

i dont want to see a r rated superman movie

I think there should be two consecutive lines of DC films coming out; animated ones aimed primarily at children and live action ones which are aimed primarily at adults.

I think there should be two consecutive lines of DC films coming out; animated ones aimed primarily at children and live action ones which are aimed primarily at adults.

i kinda disagree. you can make movies that serve both. if the story needs a r rating then do it. i personally dont like this idea of excluding the younger ones. superhero were created for them in the first place.

i know as adults we all want more nuanced stories for these characters but kids are smarter these days than we give them credit for

Like you guys said though, it all depends on the character and material. Like, would we have wanted Logan to be anything other than R rated?

If the story and characters call for it, I’d hope WB would be more receptive to R rated CBMs after TSS. But yeah, I have zero interest in seeing R-rated Superman movies, and R-rated JL movies by extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"