Lounge of Justice - Part 90

It doesn't help their cause any when you have them swarming under posts about hate crimes or other serious issues with the #RestoreTheSnyderverse or #ReleaseTheAyerCut crap. You can argue every fandom does it (which is true), but unfortunately the DC fanbase has a highly visible segment that seems to just not care about anything else but that single goal and think any methods are justified in reaching it.

Yuuuuup. That's precisely why there was so much furor over HBO Max's day and date release strategy. All sorts of back end payouts that only kick in once the movie grosses a certain amount. I'm just shocked Disney of all people didn't take care of that behind the scenes beforehand.

I said it a couple weeks ago...Di$ney was gonna get heat over this stuff they aren't used to getting.

Not sure why you are shocked they made this mistake, they do this stuff all the time and have for decades. They will take every shortcut and end around they can and will only fix it when called out publicly. They have always believed it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission because they have the money and the clout. The only reason WB got more heat early was cause Nolan's scarf was too tight and Villeneuve has some weird theory that people care about Dune.

It doesn't matter but the Snyder Cultists aren't DC fans...I doubt any of them ever read a comic or could name a character that wasn't in a Snyder or Ayer film. It sucks we have to own them...

Really curious how the whole Batman side of the DCEU will look following The Flash.

I'll be honest. Much as I love Keaton, I hate the idea of his old ass becoming the main DCEU Batman. That just seems like a really convoluted way to go. But I also get that Affleck may be done with the role. Recasting seems like the better way to go, but only time will tell I guess.

I gotta believe he won't be Batman. I doubt he wants to be Batman on more than a cameo basis. For now I still believe it is a hybrid version of Batman Beyond with Batgirl instead of Terry.

Really curious how the whole Batman side of the DCEU will look following The Flash.

I'll be honest. Much as I love Keaton, I hate the idea of his old ass becoming the main DCEU Batman. That just seems like a really convoluted way to go. But I also get that Affleck may be done with the role. Recasting seems like the better way to go, but only time will tell I guess.
I wish there was a way to get Ben back on board, he could be like RDJ post iron man 3, slap on a black turtle neck, do your scenes and let some young buck throw on the suit with some of those cgi face dots. Guy wouldn’t even have to get ripped, just don’t get fat.

no pressure, just show up, read your lines and collect those checks. Oh if only.

that's ageism lol

Lol, look I fully support an old ass Batman. I just don't like the idea of him being the primary Batman of the DCEU. Affleck already looked like he was babysitting in JL and I don't mind that amount of contrast. But Keaton would be a whole other level. My guy will be assembling the League to help him find the remote.

There should never be a Batman who looks visibly older or the same age as Gordon, especially one from an entirely different universe. But hey, maybe they’ll make it work. And there is approximately 0.0000000000000% chance of a certain Bruce Timm fetish brought to life, so there’s that.

David Ayer poured his heart out into a post on twitter (don't have the link handy, sorry folks). Really makes me feel for the guy. I didn't love his movie, but a lot of the backlash and mistreatment he's gotten is just unfair. I hope he rebounds and finds his niche on Netflix or something.

The guy who got Oscar for hair and make up did say that the SS movie we saw in theatres was not the original movie he and Ayer worked on and since that man has been working so long with all Studios, i believe him, there's no reason to doubt him.

Ayer has a valid reason to be upset with how WB hired a trailer company to edit his movie and change its tone and story.

David Ayer poured his heart out into a post on twitter (don't have the link handy, sorry folks). Really makes me feel for the guy. I didn't love his movie, but a lot of the backlash and mistreatment he's gotten is just unfair. I hope he rebounds and finds his niche on Netflix or something.

I read his post after seeing yours just now. Damn. Just damn. Hope he gets his vision out there someday.

I fully expect Batfleck to die at the end of Flash so I'll be real interested to see how, if at all, the presence of Batman is handled in the Batgirl film.

I said it a couple weeks ago...Di$ney was gonna get heat over this stuff they aren't used to getting.

Not sure why you are shocked they made this mistake, they do this stuff all the time and have for decades. They will take every shortcut and end around they can and will only fix it when called out publicly. They have always believed it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission because they have the money and the clout. The only reason WB got more heat early was cause Nolan's scarf was too tight and Villeneuve has some weird theory that people care about Dune.

I'm not shocked they did something shady, I'm shocked they did something they knew was almost definitely gonna lead to some sort of high profile blowback. They have some of the best lawyers and PR firms on the planet at their beck and call. My surprise was that nobody apparently thought not giving Scarjo her money wouldn't lead to some sort of nasty blowup like this.

Like, as stupidly as WB handled it, I'm pretty sure I heard they still at least reached out to some of their big stars like Margot Robbie to either renegotiate or compensate them for moving to streaming. And by now at least they seem to have mended fences with James Wan and some of the other directors who were initially pissed off.

i'm glad I made a concerted effort to stop dunking on david ayer long before he came out swinging with that statement. god damn, the man has sat back and taken it all up to this point. Had a feeling TSS having critical success would trigger some sort of response like this. People shoulda just left him alone.

*takes massive hit*

Batfleck and Keaton jointly sacrifice themselves at the end of The Flash. Terry takes over in the Burton timeline. Barb takes over in the DCEU timeline. Heavily implied in a post-credits scene that Batfleck and Keaton merged, creating a whole new timeline.

16c1aa13a35e8f5854c2eb3e7d5a880adf909c0f.gifv

One of the things I hate about social media and its connection to modern film criticism is the emphasis on personally insulting the artist rather than just ragging on their work. Like, I've said before that I'm not very confident Ayer's cut is a significantly better movie, but at the end of the day he seems like a very nice dude, so it's just crappy to make fun of him personally like that.

It's the same with Snyder, Abrams, Rian Johnson and anyone else who has made a controversial or poorly received franchise movie. People aren't content to just not like the work, it has to turn into a personal attack on the people who made it and weird insinuations about their personal character. Good on Ayer for fighting back. I said before but one of the things I really admire about Gunn and Sandberg on Twitter is the willingness to dunk on fans who wanna talk ****.

Okay heres my thing about Ayer and his cut. I feel for the guy. I can only imagine what its like watching your work ripped apart, restitched by someone else and them slapping your name on it. Thats exactly what happened with Zack and why we fought for the Snyder cut.

But whats rubbing me the wrong way is how hes constantly arrogantly touting his movie as the best thing ever. I’ve always held the belief that whenver directors or creatives in general who tout their work as the best thing ever….the work itself rarely lives up to that hyperbole and ends up the exact opposite. Its like theyre jinxing it. The best films tend to come from humble directors who dont use that kind of hyperbole like “MY film is the BEST thing you’ll see all year!!” They’ll usually say things like, “i had an amazing time making this film. We all worked very hard and hope you all enjoy it.” Or something like that. Even Snyder, I dont recall Snyder ever overconfidently touting ZSJL as the best thing ever like Ayer is doing. He stayed relatively humble.

Anyway, just my take.

Creators are always gonna stick up for their work, especially if the final product doesn’t reflect what was intended. I don’t think what he made is amazing, nor would probably I think it’s even good. But he has a right to stick up for it, because if he doesn’t, no one involved in the situation who matters will.

Okay heres my thing about Ayer and his cut. I feel for the guy. I can only imagine what its like watching your work ripped apart, restitched by someone else and them slapping your name on it. Thats exactly what happened with Zack and why we fought for the Snyder cut.

But whats rubbing me the wrong way is how hes constantly arrogantly touting his movie as the best thing ever. I’ve always held the belief that whenver directors or creatives in general who tout their work as the best thing ever….the work itself rarely lives up to that hyperbole and ends up the exact opposite. Its like theyre jinxing it. The best films tend to come from humble directors who dont use that kind of hyperbole like “MY film is the BEST thing you’ll see all year!!” They’ll usually say things like, “i had an amazing time making this film. We all worked very hard and hope you all enjoy it.” Or something like that. Even Snyder, I dont recall Snyder ever overconfidently touting ZSJL as the best thing ever like Ayer is doing. He stayed relatively humble.

Anyway, just my take.
Snyder stayed humble because he never saw the 2 hour trailer WB put out. Which is why he was able to get away with the reactions he had when people asked him if the other stuff from that trailer was in his movie.

Gotta feel for Ayer. from the moment he said f*** marvel, i believe toxic people on the internet took it as open season to attack him. the whole do unto others as you want done to you. any sane person would know he was just trying to please fanboys and not to take it seriously, Stan lee took it as a compliment. This isnt about dc fan or marvel fans. its just the dark side of been part of a fab base of anything.

even if wb release the ayer cut some will get angry and start the attack all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"