Lounge of Justice - Part 90

The Flash has had test screenings….

FPNJhH7VQAUGL3r

FPNJhIvVQAMOvpA

FPNKneTVgAACD-F

FPNJhH-VQA4sjtJ

Discuss spoilers without tags here:

The Flash Leaks & Spoilers Thread

The Bruce Willis news is sad. And the subsequent reporting about him apparently having been unwell for a while and his agents still pushing for him to take jobs regardless is really scummy. I hope he at least finds some peace in retirement.

congratulations, as someone who also recently got married and got a pay increase its nice to see another person who is doing great as well. kudos to you and your wife
Congrats to you as well mate!! :up:

Are we on a pay rise run in this thread? I need to show this to my boss. :cwink:

When you see the Superman character and fandom scare off another potential great director.

UrGx.gif

So a certain cult is spending their time on Twitter trying to get people in the cast of The Batman cancelled. First Pattinson and now Jefferey Wright. Classy til the end!

Men are cowards for not wanting to direct Superman, we need a strong alpha woman at the helm to deliver the character justice

Regina King please stand up and show them all how it’s done

Yes please.

Its crazy to me that they can't figure it out. Supes is one of the easiest DC characters to work with as he has over 70+ years of comic book history to pull from and they still overthink it.

Yes please.

Its crazy to me that they can't figure it out. Supes is one of the easiest DC characters to work with as he has over 70+ years of comic book history to pull from and they still overthink it.
At this point in life it's 80+ years.

I could use a movie that shifts away from mass destruction and Lex Luthor for once, and take Superman's mail service and his responses for once. With many movies about Santa Clause and nobody calls him boring or hard to get, I think more people could get into that kind of a Superman story and relate to his limits and appreciate his optimistic view without uttering that word.

At this point in life it's 80+ years.

I could use a movie that shifts away from mass destruction and Lex Luthor for once, and take Superman's mail service and his responses for once. With many movies about Santa Clause and nobody calls him boring or hard to get, I think more people could get into that kind of a Superman story and relate to his limits and appreciate his optimistic view without uttering that word.

don't want to see a direct adaption of these, but i would love it if a new superman movie would take inspiration from morrison's all-star superman, loeb's superman for all seasons, waid's birthright, and some of the john bryne stuff too.

don't want to see a direct adaption of these, but i would love it if a new superman movie would take inspiration from Morrison's All-Star Superman, Loeb's Superman for all Seasons, Waid's Birthright, and some of the John Byrne stuff too.
This would make for a great movie.

don't want to see a direct adaption of these, but i would love it if a new superman movie would take inspiration from morrison's all-star superman, loeb's superman for all seasons, waid's birthright, and some of the john bryne stuff too.
I think MOS took some inspiration from most of these.

It did, but it often ignored a lot of the context which is why for many (not me) it didn't land.

Thing about taking inspiration from something is that there are lots of different parts you can be inspired by, and different ways to adapt those ideas.
Also any new writer/director is going to want to add things of their own. The very fact that a film can take inspiration from stories like these and still be controversial perhaps supports the point David F. Sandberg was making. Even if, among the 80 years of different stories and versions, a filmmaker is looking to the specific comics Fan X approves of, they can still make a movie Fan X disapproves of.
Perhaps the love fans have for the character, and our attachment to certain personal preferences means it is very difficult to make an adaptation which pleases everyone. Maybe there's always going to be someone saying "That's not my Superman", regardless of the take.

Maybe amongst us...but the general audience not so much imho.

Point I'm trying to make is that perhaps making a well received Superman film it isn't so simple as saying "take inspiration from X".

I always feel like Supe fans over estimate how much this character matters in current times. By all accounts this character is being done right on tv, and it hardly is setting the ratings on fire, simply good enough. I truly believe the next film screen version of the character won't be Clark Kent/Supes. Bring on Black/latino/asian Supes.

If the character was ever done right on the biggest modern platform possible (film), he would matter.

There's an old saying in Krypton, I know it's in Kansas, probably in Metropolis that says, fool me once, shame on you, fool me...you can't get fooled again. Thus, WB as a studio with a new tight money ass boss in charge, they ain't going into this pit again, my bald Super friends. Supergirl will get her movie, and probably a different version of a Supes in here somewhere, but Clark Kent/Supes as you know it? Forget about it, he is done. Enjoy him on the CW and make peace with this feeling, it will feel better with time.

Oh I’m past all the Cavill stuff, dude deserved better material to work with, but he thinks he’s worth much more than he really is, so from a pure business standpoint I really can’t blame WB

I'm truly excited to see Supergirl on screen tho. I got a feeling about Black Adam just going bonkers and being kinda great. Brosnan actually seems like he cares, which is rare. lawd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"