Lounge of Justice - Part 90

On another note I saw the Dr. Strange and the No This Is Definitely Not Army of Darkness trailer...good lord I must be getting old cause that looked atrocious. I get story doesn't matter anymore and that is fine but the cgi in some of the shots was so bad it looked like 80s greenscreen. Honestly I expected Colin Mocherie to run around being funny while Ryan Stiles told him what was going on and Drew Carey pushed his buzzer. It's like they aren't even trying...

And yet that film will probably make eleventy billion dollars. What a world...

On another note I saw the Dr. Strange and the No This Is Definitely Not Army of Darkness trailer...good lord I must be getting old cause that looked atrocious. I get story doesn't matter anymore and that is fine but the cgi in some of the shots was so bad it looked like 80s greenscreen. Honestly I expected Colin Mocherie to run around being funny while Ryan Stiles told him what was going on and Drew Carey pushed his buzzer. It's like they aren't even trying...

And yet that film will probably make eleventy billion dollars. What a world...
I feel like the hype for any MCU project anymore has become all about who will cameo. Which is fine, but like...that does nothing for me. I just want a good story, which seems like an afterthought to them at this point, imo.

I feel like the hype for any MCU project anymore has become all about who will cameo. Which is fine, but like...that does nothing for me. I just want a good story, which seems like an afterthought to them at this point, imo.

I am not an MCU guy so the cameos mean very little to me. As such I am not distracted from bad special effects. And that trailer had a lot of them. It also had a lot of Sam Raimi tropes in it which just feel...dated and out of place for this trailer.

Makes me appreciate The Batman all the more...

Elizabeth Olsen was in the Florence Pugh/ Anya Taylor Joy driver seat before them. I kinda feel the Marvel seat kinda stagnated her just a bit for me.

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Nothing like watching this while sitting between your wife and best friend both of whom are first gen daughters of Asian immigrants. I don’t think there’s anything I can say that could even stand in the shadow of what this film meant to them. Just strap in and watch it. Gahdamn.

Tokyo Vice is fire! Ansel Elgort punchable face and all.

Bald @Kane52630

Michael Mann

Ken Watanabe
Rinko Kikuchi
Rachel Keller

As much as I love Michael Mann, It's still on my to watch pile. Also, did he only direct the first episode?

Btw Severance is a show that is a must see. It's like Westworld and Devs but way better.

7d81304e82b827f6bfc3edc5ec00b6d3233c4cd2.jpg

I was just wondering yesterday what Michael Mann was up to these days.

And yeah, Severance is definitely on my watch list.

I’m watching the Rock in preparation for the Unbearable Weight of Talent. Does anyone else freaking miss this era of blockbuster movies? That Jerry Bruckheimer/Don Simpson type of pop corn action film? Say what you will about those producers but their movies were fun epic blockbusters but in a different way than todays superhero movies and such.

I’m watching the Rock in preparation for the Unbearable Weight of Talent. Does anyone else freaking miss this era of blockbuster movies? That Jerry Bruckheimer/Don Simpson type of pop corn action film? Say what you will about those producers but their movies were fun epic blockbusters but in a different way than todays superhero movies and such.

the rock is hands down to me, michael bay's best film.
he's firing on all cylinders.
and in my mind, it is sean connery's last james bond movie.
his dynamic with cage is :funny:

i too miss that 90s era of action films - this, con-air, face/off, bad boys, and speed!

i too miss that 90s era of action films - this, con-air, face/off, bad boys, and speed!

Throw in Will Smith's Enemy of the State too.

The Batman

First rewatch on HBO MAX. Looks better in my livingroom than it did on the bigscreen, if I keep it honest. My setup is legit.

Emo Bruce aside, this is a masterpiece.

Zoe got that hnnnnnnngh. The type that would make a man sell his soul and leave friends and family behind without a second thought.

Absolutely!

yikes. ezra miller arrested again in hawaii.
for 2nd degree assault - apparently he threw a chair that hit a woman in the head.

dood needs to be taken into custody before he does something worse.
and he definitely needs therapy.

his career is probably done.

yikes. ezra miller arrested again in hawaii.
for 2nd degree assault - apparently he threw a chair that hit a woman in the head.

dood needs to be taken into custody before he does something worse.
and he definitely needs therapy.

his career is probably done.

Wait, what? Is this real?

Something seems off here. Reverse Flash messing with Ezra, trying to ruin his life?

Ok, but seriously, this is just weird.

Folks can make fun all they want about the whole Martha thing in BvS, but Martha once again is a mere nothing of a character in the new Batman. Hell, I would've taken a cliche of a mom taking care of young Bruce scenes flashback, I'm talking in just general batman flicks etc. Also, looking up the actress, funny enough... first saw her in this yt video many years ago..

I wonder if mental illness is playing a role here.

Could be. We don't know. I hope he can get the help he needs. Career wise at this time, I doubt WB recast him at this point, at least for Flashpoint. I mean, Cannibal Hammer still had his flick in the theater and on my livingroom right now. Watched it mostly for Gal. Eh.

Throw in Will Smith's Enemy of the State too.

Terminator 2, The Last Boy Scout, Point Break, Cliffhanger, Demolition Man, True Lies, Die Hard With A Vengeance, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Eraser. 90s action movies are ****ing awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"