• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like hes feet. looks like a very thin skin around hes body.

what they did was very original and very alien.

have you noticed that in some pics the green body looks blury and in some sharp. i think they are using old and new suit versions.

if you also look at the glow in hes symbol.... its very different like in the trailer

Definitely weird. He and Spidey definitely have the same shoe-stylist. Which is to say, a bad one ;)

spiderman's looked normal boots.

even if you dont like it you have to admit that they were thinking outside the box.

It's an ergonomic thing. Shoes make you tired. The only problem with your feet is that they aren't as tough as shoes. Not so for a Green Lantern. Very non terran thinking.

I like it.

:hal: :hal: :hal:

It's an ergonomic thing. Shoes make you tired. The only problem with your feet is that they aren't as tough as shoes. Not so for a Green Lantern. Very non terran thinking.

I like it.

Interesting concept.

I think the feet would look less weird if they weren't the same standard feet photoshopped on each pose.

It might have also looked better if they actually used Ryan's feet for reference, these don't look like they belong to him.

I like it.

The problem I have with that theory is the suit is a manifestation of Hal Jordan’s mind. Why would the suit not be based in terran thinking? If that is how the ring really worked when he goes to make something like a gun it would pop out as an alien equivalent, yet as we have seen it does not.

It stands to reason that his suit based on how the ring is supposed to work would look much more like a traditional earthling, superhero costume.

It's obvious that some of the settings on the ring are default. Like the need for a mask, translators and the like. This would be just another protocol.

The problem I have with that theory is the suit is a manifestation of Hal Jordan’s mind. Why would the suit not be based in terran thinking? If that is how the ring really worked when he goes to make something like a gun it would pop out as an alien equivalent, yet as we have seen it does not.

It stands to reason that his suit based on how the ring is supposed to work would look much more like a traditional earthling, superhero costume.
But he has the suit before he even knows he can make things with the ring. So the suit must have been designed the Guardians or whoever else. Plus, who is to say there's a "Traditional" superhero costume on Earth for Hal to think of? For all we know this could be like Batman Begins where there's never been a superhero.

Frankly, I think it looked GREAT in those photos, better than in most of the footage we've gotten. I like that it's black and green instead of just green. Looks more like the traditional costume.

The toes don't bother me at all.

I think the toes thing will probably look right at home on the female members, just because you expect their costumes to be totally impractical like that.

I think the toes thing will probably look right at home on the female members, just because you expect their costumes to be totally impractical like that.

For the women who have a foot fetish. Actually, this is an aspect of the costume that you will hardly notice much in the film. Most of the shots will be above the knee or at a distance that you'll hardly notice that much detail. It is good to know, though that they are treating the costume/uniform as second skin.

But he has the suit before he even knows he can make things with the ring. So the suit must have been designed the Guardians or whoever else. Plus, who is to say there's a "Traditional" superhero costume on Earth for Hal to think of? For all we know this could be like Batman Begins where there's never been a superhero.

So comic books do not exist in this universe? As for the rest, if it were true then there would little to no variation in costume design at all. Yet we have already seen the textures and color patterns vary among other races in the GLC. Any way you cut it, it is a major point of inconstancy

I think the toes are rather distracting, but as long they won't show GL's feet, I guess it won't be a problem.

I really like the toes, as long with the rest of the suit. I almost wish that the mask had the same type of muscle texture on it, maybe not as defined, but just something to make it look less flat..

I see he got his pair of toe shoes too!!

:awesome:

Vibram%20Five%20Fingers%20Shoes%20Trek%20Green.jpg

I like the pics and wish that Green Lantern fans would stop being narrow minded over a minute thing.

I like the pics and wish that Green Lantern fans would stop being narrow minded over a minute thing.

I love Ryan Reynold's toes... or his fake cgi toes. They are amazing.

Wow, no boots? Weird.

Is he wearing Gloves ? or other regular costiume ? No.

If we take a close look at other lanterns feet like Kilowog and Tomar Re we can clearly see that toes are there, the main reason is that hard light construct makes a second skin costume.

I personally that that it makes GL costume unique. It's a good design.

So comic books do not exist in this universe? As for the rest, if it were true then there would little to no variation in costume design at all. Yet we have already seen the textures and color patterns vary among other races in the GLC. Any way you cut it, it is a major point of inconstancy

You're right. This changes everything. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"