Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, please use the spoiler tags for the after credits sequence. Thanks.

"sigh"...:csad::hal:

Looks like word of mouth is gonna kill this puppy.....This will take a 50 percent drop in the 2nd week.

DC screws it up again! :cmad:
\

Um... the law of averages say that most films drop by50% after the opening weekend. Your'e 'ret saying much here.

Aren't we in the spoilers section of the GL board? Shouldn't it be fair game?

Not when the movie doesn't open in some countries for another 1-2 months. It's a 'show some respect for your fellow posters' thing.

Not when the movie doesn't open in some countries for another 1-2 months. It's a 'show some respect for your fellow posters' thing.

Then what's the point of having a spoiler safe board and a spoiler board? I personally hate having to click every time someone posts a spoiler when I'm on the SPOILER board. If you don't want spoilers, why are you even in this section?

Then what's the point of having a spoiler safe board and a spoiler board? I personally hate having to click every time someone posts a spoiler when I'm on the SPOILER board. If you don't want spoilers, why are you even in this section?

I don't make the rules. If you want to post spoilers, post away, but people have been banned over it so it's all on you and you can't say you haven't been warned.

Then don't read them:huh:

i think when the mvoie is out in US spoilers should be allowed. i get the movie in august. if you dont want to be spoiled then dont read the review and news thread. after talking for 12 months on SHH you should not be in the spoiler section.

this is how i see this.

Frankly, it's pretty stupid to have two sections, one for people who want to remain spoiler free and another for those who don't care and want to speak freely, and then walk on eggshells in the spoiler sections. I completely and utterly fail to see the point. Might as well make it one board and have a catch all spoiler warning tag. This completely defeats the purpose.

That's exactly what I would say to the people who don't want to read spoilers. If you don't want to read them, why are you even in this section? I don't care, thus I'm here, where I thought it wasn't a big deal and I wouldn't have to click around smoke screens to have a discussion with someone.

Frankly, it's pretty stupid to have two sections, one for people who want to remain spoiler free and another for those who don't care and want to speak freely, and then walk on eggshells in the spoiler sections. I completely and utterly fail to see the point. Might as well make it one board and have a catch all spoiler warning tag. This completely defeats the purpose.

You're so upset about having to push that button that you'd spend the length it takes to click that button probably 100 times to complain about it?

i think you got confused. this is what he is trying to explain. the ones who didnt see the movie should not read spoilers. and now everyone is talking what he liked and didtn like in the movie. so spoilers are everyhere

Aren't we in the spoilers section of the GL board? Shouldn't it be fair game?

The way I took it to mean was that this forum could contain spoilers. For the most part they don't and it would be appropriate to indicate that a particular post contained a spoiler by using spoiler tags. Many times, I have seen members actually complain when they find a spoiler in their post (especially the major ones).

Last edited:
You're so upset about having to push that button that you'd spend the length it takes to click that button probably 100 times to complain about it?
It's the principle of the matter, not the physical action.

i think you got confused. this is what he is trying to explain. the ones who didnt see the movie should not read spoilers. and now everyone is talking what he liked and didtn like in the movie. so spoilers are everyhere

Yeah, the movie's out now, and this board is labeled with a big "Spoilers" tag. I want to talk about it. I just don't see the point in having two separate boards and then still having to whisper the secrets. Is it really that out of line to assume that discussing spoilers in the SPOILER section would be appropriate?

In the interest of not further derailing the thread, I'll make this my last post on this nonsense.

Oh no, i know what he meant.

Last edited:
Who cares about character development? That's some lame filmmaking s***. It stuck to the comics and that's all that matters—right Mr. Earle?
OK you clearly havent read a word i've posted.

So in the spoiler-free forum, can you post spoilers in tags, or is that not even allowed? If it is allowed, how would it be different than the spoiler forum since you have to post spoilers in tags in both forums? If posting spoilers in tags is not allowed in the spoiler-free forum, it would make more sense.

So in the spoiler-free forum, can you post spoilers in tags, or is that not even allowed? If it is allowed, how would it be different than the spoiler forum since you have to post spoilers in tags in both forums? If posting spoilers in tags is not allowed in the spoiler-free forum, it would make more sense.

The reason I had made it that way was to account for people who won't get the movie for a month or two. The review thread is pretty much an open discussion on everything regarding the movie since it's...the review thread. :funny:

As for the non-spoiler sections, not too many go into them, as far I have seen since being on the Hype. Everyone tends to come the spoiler section.

I'm just trying to accomodate as much as I can.

The reason I had made it that way was to account for people who won't get the movie for a month or two. The review thread is pretty much an open discussion on everything regarding the movie since it's...the review thread. :funny:

As for the non-spoiler sections, not too many go into them, as far I have seen since being on the Hype. Everyone tends to come the spoiler section.

I'm just trying to accomodate as much as I can.
Before the movie comes out anywhere, everyone has equal access to spoilers...but after released on different dates, it changes the game. Seems fair. :up:

Well, if I can speak freely in the reviews thread at least, I suppose I can live with that.

I didn't love Thor but after GL, I've come to appreciate it
more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"