Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS, GUYS!!!

RT gave Bridesmaids a higher score than Thor. I mean who cares about critics?

GUYS, GUYS!!!

Bridesmaids is a much better film. :huh:

It's also a completely different genre.

a R rated comedy shoult not get a bigger score then a comicbook movie? hehehe ;)

Braidsmaids got their score based on the comedy genre. Thor based on the comicbook .

GUYS, GUYS!!!

It gave the King's Speech a higher score than X-men First Class. I mean...WTF?

Know what group of people are just as dumb as those that let critics make up their minds? The ones that expect critics to reflect their tastes exactly.

Before the movie comes out anywhere, everyone has equal access to spoilers...but after released on different dates, it changes the game. Seems fair. :up:
It seems fair, but what if I wait to see X-Men first class on dvd. Does that mean everyone in that spoiler forum has to use spoiler tags because I haven't seen it yet?

But it is true that most members come to the spoiler section. I don't know if I've ever been to the non-spoiler section...

Its not about genre, its about quality. Bridesmaid was a crap movie from what i ve heard.

I gave Reynolds a chance and the benefit of the doubt but the fact is that he was completely miscast as Hal Jordan.

Reynolds is NOT Hal Jordan. Reynolds would've probably been OK for a Guy Gardener, Wally West, or even a Booster Gold type but not Hal.

Hal is not a metro, snarky, and snobby type of dude. He's the complete opposite of Hal. Reynolds did not have the right energy for the role.

Also while a lot of the concepts of the visuals were uncharted territory, the visuals didn't look that good especially the suits and the mask.

It seems fair, but what if I wait to see X-Men first class on dvd. Does that mean everyone in that spoiler forum has to use spoiler tags because I haven't seen it yet?
That's your choice to wait, but people in regions where a movie isn't released yet can't choose to see it sooner, so it's only fair....based on availability.

Isnt the King's Speech a great movie?
From the reviews and word-of-mouth, Bridemaids is pretty darn good too. Why is it such an insult that it rates better than a comic book movie...or any other kind of movie?

Green Lantern was a movie that didnt' define itself as a story.

In my eyes, it couldn't figure out if it should focus the story on OA, or focus the story on earth.

Liked it though, wish i saw more of kilowog

I like how the one superhero movie that people didn't seem to care too much about ended up being a favorite for many, while the other two superhero films which were arguably the most anticipated movies of the summer ended up being either okay or crap.

Who else thought it was a mistake to shoot in New Orleans? New Orleans to me work if it's actually Orleans. But besides the Frenh Quarter it has a very southern vibe you can't hide and a touch of sadness that I can't put my finger on.

From the reviews and word-of-mouth, Bridemaids is pretty darn good too. Why is it such an insult that it rates better than a comic book movie...or any other kind of movie?
i just heard that it was bad.

What movies are you talking about Prison Mike?

The first one is X-Men First Class. I didn't see too much hype for that movie on these boards. Nothing like Green Lantern at least. The other 2 superhero films are Thor and GL. Two superhero movies that were eagerly anticipated. I enjoyed Thor but I see many people talk about how it wasn't a good movie. Hopefully Captain America will blow away all the other superhero films of this summer.

An I've seen it and I like it. My friends liked it too. But it's not for everyone.

I enjoyed Thor but I see many people talk about how it wasn't a good movie.
I hear more people talk about how it was a good movie than not. In fact, I never hear anyone talk about Thor not being a good movie. Sometimes I see people type it.

The first one is X-Men First Class. I didn't see too much hype for that movie on these boards. Nothing like Green Lantern at least. The other 2 superhero films are Thor and GL. Two superhero movies that were eagerly anticipated. I enjoyed Thor but I see many people talk about how it wasn't a good movie. Hopefully Captain America will blow away all the other superhero films of this summer.

Captain America better kill. Everybody loves an underdog right?

It should also be interesting to see... who wins the race between funny, likeable, hot guys that have geek credentials. Chris Evans, or Ryan Reynolds. Ryan arguably is the better actor, but that didn't help Green Lantern at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"