Official Nintendo 3DS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer DBZ.. Mostly due to Vegeta but if this is anything like the old PSOne games I imported.. I'm all over it.

3D Streets of Rage 2 To Feature A New “Quartet Mode”. April 21, 2015 . 4:30pm

Additionally local co-op multiplayer for two players has been confirmed as well.

Last week, Sega and M2 announced new batch of 3D Classics for the Nintendo 3DS. The third batch of titles includes: 3D Streets of Rage 2, 3D Gunstar Heroes, and 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

In Japan, Sega have announced that 3D Streets of Rage 2 will feature a new mode called the “Quartet Mode,” which allows the use of all four characters sequentially while playing by yourself. In addition, you will also be able to play 3D Streets of Rage 2 in local co-op multiplayer.

3D Streets of Rage 2, 3D Gunstar Heroes, and 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 will cost $5.99/€4.99/£4.49 each.

Read more stories about 3D Streets of Rage 2 & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

I am now a member of the 3DS club got this bad boy earlier today

15d2alt.png

Love that model. Wish they made a New 3DS XL with that design.

There's a newer version of the 3DS called the New 3DS. Yours is the older version, which is still a fine system.

I realize that mine is the one below the 'new' one I like the 'new' one but the NES one was only 149 where I got it from :)

Very nice. I wish I would've waited to get the ALBW 3DS bundle. I don't know why I didn't, honestly.

one game that already bee stated to be coming to the west & the other just recently announced to be doing so below it

New Atelier Rorona’s Adorable Remake In All Of Its Super Deformed Glory. April 22, 2015 . 12:40am

Gust is working on a third version of Atelier Rorona, the game that kicked off the Arland Trilogy. New Atelier Rorona for Nintendo 3DS has a revised battle system, includes Astrid as a playable character, and all of the characters have been changed into a cutesy SD style.

[YT]HePQZVl5HBA[/YT]

Gust is working on a third version of Atelier Rorona, the game that kicked off the Arland Trilogy. New Atelier Rorona for Nintendo 3DS has a revised battle system, includes Astrid as a playable character, and all of the characters have been changed into a cutesy SD style.

As expected, Gust made plenty of costumes for New Atelier Rorona on Nintendo 3DS. You can give Sterk sunglasses or Cordelia an eye patch. Costumes stay equipped on characters during story events and in battle.

New Atelier Rorona comes out on July 4 in Japan.

newar12_thumb.jpg
Read more stories about New Atelier Rorona & Nintendo 3DS & Screenshots on Siliconera.

Also With

source:Siliconera & GI

Last edited:
hey guys, some questions.

1. At this point, which would be the better buy? The new 3DS XL or the Wii U?

2. Also, can you play the Virtual Console NES and SNES games on the 3DS or just on the Wii U?

thanks.

1. At this point, which would be the better buy? The new 3DS XL or the Wii U?

I feel as if you've asked this not too long ago..

But anyway, the answer is up to you. You need to look at the game available for each system and see which ones you like. There's a lot of bleed over between franchises between the two (3D Land to 3D World, NSMBU to NSMB2, Smash 3DS to Smash U, etc.). Each system, of course, has it's own things. For me, personally, I have more games for the Wii U and play it more than the 3DS.

2. Also, can you play the Virtual Console NES and SNES games on the 3DS or just on the Wii U?

thanks.

3DS has NES games, but not SNES. The Wii U has NES, SNES, GBA, and have started N64, DS, and Wii games. With the Wii U you can also still access the Wii VC, which has a much bigger library (though you will need a Wiimote to access Wii Mode). About the only thing VC-wise that the 3DS has over the Wii U is that it has GB and GBC games, a very few Game Gear games, and 3D Classics that are 3D remakes of classic games.

I feel as if you've asked this not too long ago..

But anyway, the answer is up to you. You need to look at the game available for each system and see which ones you like. There's a lot of bleed over between franchises between the two (3D Land to 3D World, NSMBU to NSMB2, Smash 3DS to Smash U, etc.). Each system, of course, has it's own things. For me, personally, I have more games for the Wii U and play it more than the 3DS.

3DS has NES games, but not SNES. The Wii U has NES, SNES, GBA, and have started N64, DS, and Wii games. With the Wii U you can also still access the Wii VC, which has a much bigger library (though you will need a Wiimote to access Wii Mode). About the only thing VC-wise that the 3DS has over the Wii U is that it has GB and GBC games, a very few Game Gear games, and 3D Classics that are 3D remakes of classic games.

Thanks, Tron!

Just bought a 3DS XL. $15 off with an additional 10% ($16). Better than waiting for a refurbish to pop up back on Nintendo's site. Now, for some FE...

I was tempted to get that 'new' 3DS XL but the 199 price tag and the fact that you had to BUY the AC cord separately made the 149 I paid for my NES edition 3DS XL the bargain deal.

PS I got a case for it that holds any DS (DS, DSI, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL) and 8 games for 11 bucks new made by Nintendo and Super Mario 3D Land as well.

I was tempted to get that 'new' 3DS XL but the 199 price tag and the fact that you had to BUY the AC cord separately made the 149 I paid for my NES edition 3DS XL the bargain deal.

PS I got a case for it that holds any DS (DS, DSI, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL) and 8 games for 11 bucks new made by Nintendo and Super Mario 3D Land as well.
you made the right chose for your self most of the people that know about & tried it out said to wait with the New 3D's XL

Beside's when you trade in the one you have you have the adapter plug to recharge it . (though with how awesome yours looks I just wouldn't trade it in) but I alss keep alot of what I buy or try to , well if they're as cool as that I do anyway.

oh BTW I Remember seeing this article below. but I held off eve though part of me wanted too.

New Nintendo 3DS XL Plus a Game for $209 at Walmart. April 20, 2015 . 3:40pm

Get up to $31 in savings with Walmart’s new Nintendo 3DS XL bundle. First deal we’ve seen yet for the handheld in North America.

Since its February 13th release date, discounts on the new Nintendo 3DS haven’t appeared at all, but an interesting bundle offer did show up today at Walmart. For $209, or an extra $9, you get to pick a game of your choice.

In this bundle deal, you can choose either a Red or Black console and between one of 10 games. Probably the most prominent game option is Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D which is no less than $40 at every other retailer right now, making this a $31 savings over buying separately.

The $209 price tag gets you the new Nintendo 3DS XL and your choice of one of these games:

In addition to the New 3DS XL deal at Walmart, two other decent console offers popped up for the PS Vita and Wii U. The Vita’s Borderlands 2 Bundle was slashed by $30 down to only $169.99 this week at Best Buy, where you can also get either free shipping or free store pickup. The Wii U Deluxe Bundle with is cut down by $40 on eBay deals, where you’ll get free shipping and sales tax charged only in CA and GA.

These deals are only available for a limited time. In the case of the new Nintendo 3DS XL offer from Walmart, we’re not sure on the duration, but probably no longer than the week. The PS Vita bundle is set to expire on Saturday, April 25th, while the Wii U deal will end on Monday, April 27th at 8am Pacific or while supplies last.

Read more stories about 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS & The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Last edited:
yeah one of the reasons why I got mine was the look of a NES controller when closed up and the black D pad and red action buttons/red stylus. My co worker has the 'new' one and both look the same size wise/screen size wise only the better face tracking 3D and that extra button really make the difference. MAYBE down the line I may upgrade to that version but for now I am QUITE happy with my NES version, in fact the guy who has the 'new' one loved how mine looked. Maybe some day they will have a skin you can place on the 'new' one to give it some of the look of mine?

Honestly if the New 3DS' only exclusive remains Xenoblade, I guess there isn't much of a reason to get it, unless you're like me and have an aging launch edition 3DS.

I'm hoping they announce a few more exclusive new 3DS games. I can't imagine they'd not have more exclusives for it.

hey guys since mine was used and did not come with a box or manuals (it only came with the unit, ac charger, SD card, and stylus) what is the small dot thing next to one of the dual 3D cameras?

EDIT: I found a manual online apparently it lets me know when I am using the 3D cameras nice touch there

Last edited:
With the whole Unity thing, I assume there will be a decent amount of DL exclusive titles for the New 3DS, but as far as full retail ones go, I wouldn't be surprised if Xenoblade ends up the only one.

yeah one of the reasons why I got mine was the look of a NES controller when closed up and the black D pad and red action buttons/red stylus. My co worker has the 'new' one and both look the same size wise/screen size wise only the better face tracking 3D and that extra button really make the difference. MAYBE down the line I may upgrade to that version but for now I am QUITE happy with my NES version, in fact the guy who has the 'new' one loved how mine looked. Maybe some day they will have a skin you can place on the 'new' one to give it some of the look of mine?

Oh yeah, they definitely will. You can find tons of decals for the OG 3DS models, I'm sure one will come for the N3DS, if it's not out there already.

there was something else Exclusive to the new 3D's XL it was some new feature about the controls with Code name steam that nintendo reps told the gamer press they told this to EPN.tv and game informer that was the exclusive part they also made it sound like the amiibos of fire Emblem that were used for it were apart of too.(but I do't think that part was supposed to said i that same breath) literally on video.

Example via video below:
post #16 from:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M
Matt Mortem

But it's obvious since a lot of people for get this little it wasn't overly noticeable. but they did tell this to the gamer news outlets.

Last edited:
Exclusive controls? Are you talking about the c-stick? That was pretty noticeable, everyone knew about that. The New 3DS does have an amiibo scanner built-in, yes, so for now amiibo support is only on N3DS, but a NFC scanner add-on for the original models is coming out this fall.

The c-stick works alright as a camera control in a game like Majora's Mask, but I find it impossible to play a FPS with it.

If you don't have a 3DS, definitely consider a New 3DS. But if you have a 3DS XL, I can't really recommend it at this stage.

hmm lets see from that video up ad also what game infomer fallowed up on it with their test chambers video's what the rep were really pushing was the face tracking feature.

The c stick is mentioned yes but they stated with the New 3DXL it's better for scan the area around your self and people of game infomer said there were control issues with old 3d's the be come problem when controlling characters game trailers review stated the same.

they found the new 3D's XL experience to be better. with code name steam ot that older model was overly bad though. as to the ammibo's .... what you said is true about the ammibo stuff coming later for older model, but at the time in the video interview just above with EPN.TV

as you see there that's what the rep- said as a something exclusive (as I stated that wasn't fully the case later as it came out or wasn't supposed said in the same breath as a answer ) even though the rep from nintendo said that to Vic in that interview as we see.

Vic specifcally asked him about exclusive features & the rep said that as an answer in the same breath . just for code name steam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back