She-Hulk Season 1, Episode 3 "The People vs. Emil Blonsky" (Spoiler Thread)

I'm surprised so many posters have never heard of Megan the Stallion since she has been all over popular culture the last few years :ebr:

You guys are in for a hell of a shock when you find out about WAP :funny:

Wong dipping out when he got told about breaking the law was my favourite scene.

The casting for the Wrecking Crew seemed underwhelming. I hope the Leader is the one who hired them to get Jen's blood. It would be great to see Tim Blake Nelson finally get to play the leader in all his evil green genius glory.

I know who she is, I just don't think she's all that good of a rapper. Plenty of other females are better than her, including Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma, Trina, Da Brat, MC Lyte, Foxy Brown and Lil Kim.

So who’s the Wrecking crew’s boss that wants a sample of Jen’s Gamma Blood?!

1. The Leader
2. Titania
3. Val
4. Kingpin

I know who she is, I just don't think she's all that good of a rapper. Plenty of other females are better than her, including Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma, Trina, Da Brat, MC Lyte, Foxy Brown and Lil Kim.

nope-icegif-9.gif

Loved the first 2 episodes, but this one didn't work for me. Aside from a few funny one-liners, it was very bland overall. That Bukowski guy is annoying. The elf wasn't funny. I have no clue who Megan the Stallion is, and quite frankly, based on this episode, I don't want to. Wong was acting childish, IMO; his worst appearance yet. And I didn't like the reasoning for breaking Blonsky out of prison.

Not gonna let it dampen this series for me though. Still love it overall.
Sadly, I'm in agreement with you. The first two episodes were really fun, this one was kind of meh for me. I don't know who Meagan thee Stallion is but I know I don't care for the music I heard (squeekness is old and would rather hear blues rock). Doesn't mean I will stop watching.

I know who's Megan thee stallion is, though I'm very far from this generation, but i agree - A very weak episodes. Though the previous one wasn't a lot better.
Anyway, I decided to let the show make its run and then binge it toward the end of the season. Would i binge it until the end? It's depends on the next 2-3 episodes. If it won't get any better i won't bother finish it.

I had a good laugh with the Blonsky stuff. Down the line it’ll be fun seeing him with the Thunderbolts.
Roth seems like he still has plenty to offer. I’m glad he’s up for doing more with the character after a long break. He’s certainly been fun as this pretend reformed character.

So who’s the Wrecking crew’s boss that wants a sample of Jen’s Gamma Blood?!

1. The Leader
2. Titania
3. Val
4. Kingpin
Don’t particularly mind any of those although I think if given the choice I’d save Kingpin for a bit. I want to see Titania again soon regardless of if she’s involved with this.

Personally, I didn't like this episode of the Megan thee Stallion humor, but that's fine. This show is being written as a goofy legal sitcom and they are leaning into that a lot for the series so far. My hope is that toward the end it will swing back over more to the action-adventure superhero style than these episodes.

I still think She-Hulk's characterization and the stories seem pretty consistent with the more popular runs of the comics so far. I like the casting of Tatiana Maslany a lot.

Personally, I didn't like this episode of the Megan thee Stallion humor, but that's fine. This show is being written as a goofy legal sitcom and they are leaning into that a lot for the series so far. My hope is that toward the end it will swing back over more to the action-adventure superhero style than these episodes.

I still think She-Hulk's characterization and the stories seem pretty consistent with the more popular runs of the comics so far. I like the casting of Tatiana Maslany a lot.

This show is a comedy, not an action adventure one.

If twerking is a form of entertainment for you, more power to ya. But, IMO it's childish and embarrassing.

3f99acde76e59cc7f6e9c6ce7d4bb2d4.gif
What's childish or embarrassing about a dance move?

More over, the joke isn't the twerking. The joke is She-Hulk fangirlin' like a lot of the audience would for Megan the Stallion. I'm not a fan of Ms. Stallion, but she's very culturally relevant, especially to women, POC, and younger folk in general. And that's what I enjoyed about it. Because after an episode of anxiety, my home girl got to cut lose and have fun.

This doesn't mean anyone else has to like it, I just find this criticism strange.

Same. But maybe it's because I'm a girl? I don't see the appeal.
Aren't women the ones who are most likely to twerk? Perhaps this is a culture/generational difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"