No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

FCYzDuMWEAAs8kX

Bruh what is this shot?

This shot is clearly in motion so I'm confused as to why they chose to use it.

Here's some snippets of the NWH content from Empire's upcoming issue:

Spider-Man: No Way Home Is ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’, Says Director Jon Watts – Exclusive Images
Make no mistake – No Way Home is going to be a BIG movie. “We’re definitely trying to be ambitious,” director Jon Watts tells Empire in the upcoming new issue. How ambitious? “It’s ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’,” he says, laughing, but seemingly not joking. Part of that ambition? Bringing across some familiar villains from previous Spider-Man films that, until now, haven’t been a part of Marvel Studio’s interconnected Marvel Cinematic Universe – including Alfred Molina's Otto Octavius (aka Doctor Octopus, aka Doc Ock), who formerly menaced Tobey Maguire’s Peter Parker way back in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2.

“When I was first pitched the idea, I was like, ‘Wow, that would be awesome if we could pull it off’,” says Spidey himself, Tom Holland, of the prospect of bringing in famous former foes. “‘But there’s just no way it’s going to work. You’re just not going to be able to get everyone to do what they need to do. It’s just not going to happen.’ But it did happen. And it’s crazy.”

For Marvel boss Kevin Feige, there was no-one better to bring Doc Ock back to the screen than the man who’d portrayed him perfectly back in 2004. “I remember having discussions with Amy Pascal years ago,” says Feige, looking back on the conversations that first brought the Sony-owned Spider-Man into Disney’s MCU. “‘Do we want to revisit villains we’ve seen before?’ No, let’s do Vulture, and Mysterio, and characters we haven’t brought to the screen before. But I remember thinking, ‘How would you even do Doc Ock again?’, because Alfred Molina is perfect casting. If you ever brought him back, it would have to be him somehow.”

Wow... they chose THAT to be our official FULL look at Doc Ock?? It looks like a child drew that Ock on Windows XP. Horrible.

Higher resolution:

FCYzDuMWEAAs8kX

Ock's CG still looks pretty rough and he doesn't have a shadow, so I have to believe this is an unfinished shot.

Even worse, it gives off the vibe that that whole battle is gonna be more comedic than badass. I dont wanna see Peter run away like a baby, I wanna see Spidey vs Doc Ock damn it!
Are we really surprised at this point though? Let's hope we're wrong about that haha.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we won't see Tobey in the next trailer, btw. I really hope we do!

I've lost any hope of the other Spider-Men being a part of the marketing. Just hoping to see some good action and a full shot of the S6 to cap off the trailer.

Even worse, it gives off the vibe that that whole battle is gonna be more comedic than badass. I dont wanna see Peter run away like a baby, I wanna see Spidey vs Doc Ock damn it!

*Doc Ock forgets how heavy the cars he's picking up are and accidentally drops one of them*

Doc Ock: ...Butterfingers!

Maybe
Rhino
has so few scenes that Sony isn't even bothering lol. His one scene in costume in
TASM2
was
shown almost in its entirety in the trailer
, so maybe they don't want to make a similar mistake here.

From whats been said by various people who have given out information.

*Rhino appears later in the movie.
*We will see more of the fight at the end of TASM2.
*Green Goblin is the big boss villain, Green Goblin, Electro and Ock are the main villains, and Sandman, Lizard and Rhino are secondary Villains.
*All 6 of them villains will be together at the climax.

It looks a little more comedic with Holland because you know this version of Spiderman can get away with reacting like "Oh s***" and running off. This is the same Spiderman we watched in Homecoming running through backyards to get to somewhere. Thats just the type of comedy.

Last edited:
That's the general consensus, yes.

Also, I heard someone say that the hexagons inside the EMPIRE logo resemble Andrew's ASM2 suit... I didn't think his suit had hexagons on it... but holy s*** It does!

Edit: So does the ASM1 suit!

It must be Wanda who has something to do with it with the Hex.

An in motion still with unfinished CGI. That's probably happened plenty of times before, but I can't believe where getting that so close to release :funny:

I can't believe someone seriously thought that was okay to release.

Trailer on Monday seems more likely by the minute. Also I thought for a second that Tom's Spidey was in Ock's decaying warehouse.

This shot looks pretty cool though.

Consider this a stark reminder guys that this movie has the EXACT same creative team as the prior movies so its going to have the same tone. So expect lots of comedy and jokes. So im bracing myself for it.

I just wanna see Holland Spidey return to the Civil War Spiderman we were introduced to. The one who could hold bis own against Cap and the Avengers. I wanna see him throw down against the Sinister Six and hold his own before he inevitably gets assists from his counterparts.

Just two promotional shots that say absolutely nothing new about the movie. :up:
But they were never going to show anything of real substance anyway with all the secrecy going around in the film.
The best part about the stills is that a new trailer feels closer to getting released.

Just two promotional shots that say absolutely nothing new about the movie. :up:
But they were never going to show anything of real substance anyway with all the secrecy going around in the film.
The best part about the stills is that a new trailer feels closer to getting released.
Its no secrecy of the movie anymore is it?

Well.. if all the theories going around are true… There are still a lot of things they are not showing us… :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"