No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Me coming back to this thread only to find out it’s been once again reduced to tired heated Raimi vs Webb debates:

donald-glover-pizza.gif

@Raimi Suit and others, while it’s fine to talk about your opinions on the ASM series there’s also a little thread that’s primarily about talking about your thoughts and opinions on the previous Spidey movies: The Road To No Way Home: The Previous Spider-Man Movies Rewatch Thread

Just a heads up just so the thread doesn’t become too derailed and in case anyone here isn’t aware of the existence of this thread!

Last edited:
*comes back to five pages of endless repetitive complaining from the usual moots*

Think I'm gonna have to update my ignore list, some of you guys really don't get tired of regurgitating the same tired criticisms over and over again. We get it, Jesus effing Christ. :dry:

Yeah, the constant nostalgia filled, rose tinted tirades that basically amount to the same baseless statements have become kinda boring to read at this point. :funny:

*comes back to five pages of endless repetitive complaining from the usual moots*

Think I'm gonna have to update my ignore list, some of you guys really don't get tired of regurgitating the same tired criticisms over and over again. We get it, Jesus effing Christ. :dry:

This feels like the parents went out for a walk and all the kids just went crazy in the house by themselves.

Now we being scolded :csad::csad::argh:

This ain't bad, people are being respectful. Spider-Man Hype was the wild wild west with people swearing they could see Carnage in Spider Man eye reflection

Yeah this isn't heated. This is tame. The forums are a lot more chill than what they used to be.

It's not that it's a bad thing to have these discussions, it's a bad thing when these users do not discuss any other topics that don't revolve around complaining about MCU Spider-Man and it starts to become tiresomely repetitive (especially when I feel like I've read the same posts verbatim more times than necessary in one week), and that stumps any other kind of discussion that could primarily be about NWH. And this is coming from someone not fond of the direction the MCU has taken.

At the very least move it to a different thread so this main one doesn't get clogged up.

Going to catch a ton of heat but IDC

i HATED the Marc Web Amazing spider-man movies, from everything from the fake Super man "dun dun dun duhhhhhhh" soundtrack to the stupid humor, hated it hated it hated it !!!!!!!!!

The whole time watching the movie I was like "this is not Tobey" " this is not the REAL Spider-man"

Maybe it's just me

This right here is the post that started all this savagery. Everything was fine and then bam…my man here decides to randomly let out years of frustration. :funny:

That’s your culprit right there.Lol

Also in terms of audience reactions after the movies, it seems the originals got the biggest pop as well. Especially when the credits rolled.

Spider-man 1 - Crowd popped huge after the american flag scene, huge roar, clapping

Spider-man 2 - Huge pop during the train scene, Huge pop as Dashboard played, "I love u spider-man chants"

Spider - man 3 - Nice pop, not as big as the first 2, but still a big reaction, lots of ohhh and ahhh

Amazing Spider-man 1 -, lots of "meh" "oh thats good"

Amazing Spider-Man 2 -, people were booing when the credits played, one dude pulled down his pants and farted into the direction of the screen, lots of "this is wack" sentiments

the webb films just didn't have the extra oomph for whatever reason I guess, in my opinion of course

Last edited:
Here’s a unpopular hot take: Every on screen incarnation of Spider-Man is faithful to the essence of the character in its own way, and there’s no better or worse movie version of the character - just the one that you prefer over the other or the one you like less than the other. We all have varying ideas on who or what Spider-Man is as there is no definitive version, just the version that speaks to you the most.

Here’s a unpopular hot take: Every on screen incarnation of Spider-Man is faithful to the essence of the character in its own way, and there’s no better or worse movie version of the character - just the one that you prefer over the other or the one you like less than the other. We all have varying ideas on who or what Spider-Man is as there is no definitive version, just the version that speaks to you the most.
true

Amazing Spider-Man 2 -, people were booing when the credits played, one dude pulled down his pants and farted into the direction of the screen, lots of "this is wack" sentiments
I've been on this site for 8 years and this is by far the most bizarre thing I've seen anyone type

u would would hate going to a theater here lol

I don't think that happens everywhere in America... depends on the location really.

As for the dude who pulled down his pants, that's also probably a rare occurrence. I remember when the credits rolled on TASM2 people were clapping and cheering really loud. It differs from theater to theater and location to location.

I think for the right event movie, the audience reactions enhances everything. I mean, Get Out was maybe one of the best theatrical experiences ever!

u would would hate going to a theater here lol

I used to work in a movie theatre before graduating from university. The closest thing I have seen to someone "expressing themselves" was someone bringing a vibrator to a 50 Shades Freed screening :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"