No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said from day one i dont think the identity reveal is going to be handled with any sort of gravitas. Its just not the tone theyre going for in these movies. The consequences of Pete’s ID being public are likely going to be comedic in nature. TMZ will be following him and Aunt May around, the kids at school are all going to crowd around him all day goin “Pete?! Whats it like?! Did you meet Tony Stark?!” Like another poster said, Pete’s gonna be a celebrity now.

And you know, i’ve made peace with that. Just make it good and entertaining, is all I ask.

Also, I am really really getting the strong sense here that if Tobey and Andrew are in this it will indeed be a very small part. They will not be supporting characters in this movie. Tobey’s currently in LA. Time to temper expectations guys.

Also, I am really really getting the strong sense here that if Tobey and Andrew are in this it will indeed be a very small part. They will not be supporting characters in this movie. Tobey’s currently in LA. Time to temper expectations guys.

Id say thats probably likely. they won't be supporting, they will just be that cool part of the film that happens later on.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that they will have a very short cameo in this movie. Whose to say they (or at least Andrew Garfield) haven't already shot some of their stuff and we don't know because everything about this movie is being kept so secretive? If anything, their scenes would be shot inside a studio to help further prevent further information from getting out. Heck, we didn't know either Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina were in this until the reports, so it's highly likely they're keeping other spoilers at bay for the time being.

Just because we don't know anything doesn't automatically indicate that they will barely be in the movie. Come on now. It's one thing to temper expectations, but it's another to start claiming "oh they'll be in the movie for about 30 seconds, don't get your hopes up" like some of the deniers over at Reddit. Kevin Feige wouldn't make such an unbelievably moronic decision like this, I'm sure he perfectly understands what having all three Spider-Men in the movie would entail and mean to fans.

The only way any of this could even work is if it's setting up a Spider-Verse movie to come afterwards, but that seems unlikely at this point.

I highly doubt that they will have a very short cameo in this movie. Whose to say they (or at least Andrew Garfield) haven't already shot some of their stuff and we don't know because everything about this movie is being kept so secretive? If anything, their scenes would be shot inside a studio to help further prevent further information from getting out. Heck, we didn't know either Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina were in this until the reports, so it's highly likely they're keeping other spoilers at bay for the time being.

Just because we don't know anything doesn't automatically indicate that they will barely be in the movie. Come on now. It's one thing to temper expectations, but it's another to start claiming "oh they'll be in the movie for about 30 seconds, don't get your hopes up" like some of the deniers over at Reddit. Kevin Feige wouldn't make such an unbelievably moronic decision like this, I'm sure he perfectly understands what having all three Spider-Men in the movie would entail and mean to fans.

The only way any of this could even work is if it's setting up a Spider-Verse movie to come afterwards, but that seems unlikely at this point.

Hey listen, I hope youre right and I’m wrong. Having Maguire and Garfield pop up at the end climax just to fight with Holland would be a massive waste of golden character building scenes those three could have together.

But yes, we should not freak out, one important thing to keep in mind always is these movies always shoot their material out of order. For all we know those Atlanta photos could be the very last scene in the movie and then next month they fly Holland out to LA to shoot his scenes with Tobey and Andrew.

Its fair to say that they will still wanna do all the MCU spider-man stuff they did in Homecoming and Far From Home. so i expect at least an hour of that going on. stuff for his supporting cast. then we may start to get into the whole Toby and Andrew thing an hour in. i think this will be about as spiderverse as Ragnarok was Planet Hulk.

I just expect their role to be about as big as Hollands in Civil War. they didn't think well we need to use Spider-man in a huge way since people are expecting it, no they went with just give him an introduction and have him do some cool stuff in the fight and people will come out of it happy. people know who Spider-man is so you don't need alot of stuff to say.

That depends on how Wandavision transitions to it. Personal opinion, but I think an hour focusing on the wanted plotline is an exaggeration. I think at best it'll be comprised of the first 30/40 minutes before the multiverse angle comes into play, though I could very well be wrong.

Building big sets with buildings, huh? That sounds exciting, love me some big sets. I thought they hardly did stuff like that anymore and it's all green screen or CG haha.

Its fair to say that they will still wanna do all the MCU spider-man stuff they did in Homecoming and Far From Home. so i expect at least an hour of that going on. stuff for his supporting cast to do. then we may start to get into the whole Toby and Andrew thing an hour in. i think this will be about as spiderverse as Ragnarok was Planet Hulk.
I think that's a fair expectation for their roles where stuff happens and they get thrown into the story for part of the action and some reprieve/development of their own before a final conflict.

I imagine thats more a result of doing the identity stuff with Multiverse stuff. obviously the identity stuff connects better with his own MCU series and characters.

My guess the identity stuff will take up a fair part of the film and the villains are integrated into that plot early on. then its the confusion that comes with that and whats happening in the world, where did they come from? then we are introduced to Toby and Andrew through the eyes of the main character. which is Hollands Spider-man.

So... safe to say that the post-January 26th filming might be the scenes with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, including the climax with that seemingly huge set.

That depends on how Wandavision transitions to it. Personal opinion, but I think an hour focusing on the wanted plotline is an exaggeration. I think at best it'll be comprised of the first 30/40 minutes before the multiverse angle comes into play, though I could very well be wrong.

Yeah. If this isn't a movie where Spider-Man is being tracked down, like Kraven hunting him down and/or JJJ making the Scorpion to track him, I agree that one hour focusing on his Identity issue is too much. Remember that this will follow WandaVision, it will promoted in trailers and so on, so I expect them to get into that sooner than later.

I’ve said before, this version of Spider-Man does not have the emotional resonance of previous versions. Disney doesn’t seem to really want to explore traditional themes of the character such as guilt, loneliness and the weight of responsibility. I doubt the identity exposure was thought out more than “this will be a cool stinger”. As someone else mentioned I expect hijinx and not really spider-man on the run dealing with the weight of his decisions.

So... safe to say that the post-January 26th filming might be the scenes with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire, including the climax with that seemingly huge set.

I hope we get to see some of it. One can dream.

I'm keen to go along for the ride with Wandavision and see how this all leads into this stuff, I think when that show wraps up we'll likely get a first look at this movie with the cat outta the bag. Really enjoyed the first two episodes of that show, and I say that as someone who isn't always in love with every MCU movie because a lot of them can feel too bland but that's certainly not the case there.

Wandavision is refreshingly experimental for the MCU and I'm glad Feige is letting creative folks take a less conventional approach in Phase 4. I am very curious to see how the show's last episode will turn out.

If that tweet is to be believed then Sony/Marvel will have my respect in terms of the filmmaking process. I refuse to believe in the modern age that a studio would spend the time to build that large of a set for a movie :funny:

I'm sure it's just an exaggeration, but if they've even built something half that size I'll be happy and surprised. I love movies where characters are just chilling and running around huge sets. Each time period of Hill Valley in Back to the Future is freaking awesome because it's just a huge set.

I agree that one hour focusing on his Identity issue is too much. Remember that this will follow WandaVision, it will promoted in trailers and so on, so I expect them to get into that sooner than later.

Yeah but the multiverse stuff risks overshadowing certain other things. they likely will want to explore Peter and MJ in a fairly big way. they won't wanna waste the supporting characters like MJ and Ned, maybe flash too as he has become a fairly regular part. and once you step into the multiverse world it risks them falling into the background as they are just normal people and don't really belong in saving the world stuff. and i sorta think creatively they will end up going more towards those supporting characters then they will Andrew and Toby. who would also risk overshadowing them.

This is why i wouldn't be shocked if the villains are introduced first, fairly early on, because that will add some multiverse flavour but they won't over shadow those supporting characters. because they won't be expected to interact in a big way with Hollands Peter/Spider-man the same way MJ or Ned will.

So yeah an hour of the identity stuff with some small elements of multiverse sounds believable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"