No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...

Wandavision spoilers, but
in the second episode, they keep mentioning this children thing almost like a cult. Do you think it could tie into SM3 along with other things?

Possibly but I'm not sure. I know one of the popular theories for Wandavision is that
Mephisto has manipulated Wanda into creating this fake world and he is trying to get her to create children of her own [Wiccan and Speed] for his own reasons. In the comics he's tied in the origin of those kids, so it seems plausible

Now how that would relate to this movie, no idea lol.
I mean I shudder at the idea of them attempting to adapt OMD in some way. But where the comics failed, I could see Feige doing a better version of that story that doesn't end Peter with making a deal with the devil

Last edited:
Yeah, it was just an interesting observation I had after you pointed it out. I figured connecting those missing posters to that particular plot point in Wandavision was something worth discussing given their potential thread.

I've heard the Mephisto theory as well, and it would tie organically with Multiverse Of Madness, so we'll see where that goes. I do wonder if the whole "For The Children" thing will end up being something unrelated to Wanda's children though. I'm not 100% sure yet that's what it entails, but that's for future episodes to answer lol

Yeah, no, I'd actually be happy if Flash had as little screentime as possible. Same goes for any other of Peter's highschool characters. I'd rather prefer to see Maguire and Garfield than deal with them again.
Sadly, there’s no way he’s not in this. I feel like Flash is gonna be one of the big supporters of Spider-Man while he’s under fire from the press, esp because he was a witness to what happened in FFH and him being a social media influencer in the series and all.

I mean... yeah, it goes without saying that he'll be in this. I personally just don't want him to have significant screentime because he's such an awful character. :funny:

Though, if his role in the movie ends up being what you suggest, then he would actually have a purpose for once instead of being a nuisance so fingers crossed. Still don't think his characterization will do a 180 though.

Most of the supporting cast are pretty bad characters, especially Michelle, but I seriously doubt we're lucky enough to see them all in reduced roles.

The frustrating thing about Michelle is that Zendaya is an excellent actress, I would say she's the most talented early 20's actress in Hollywood right now and a worthy successor to Emma Stone as a Spider-Man love interest. She's excellent in Euporia on HBO and it's unfortunate that her talents aren't being put to use in this role. She doesn't resemble any characterization from the comic books and they can't justify it being "different" because all the changes they've made to the character are not an improvement. She's like a character from a John Hughes film, even Kevin Feige said that himself.

I am not against Hollywood casting non-white actors in traditionally "white" roles either. The Batman isn't out yet so we can't judge it properly but from what we've seen from the trailer it proves that with the right actor, race shouldn't really matter when it comes to being faithful to a character but characterization does.

I hope we get more Jonah in this movie.
Without a doubt. I don't think they'll have time to set up his hatred for Spider-Man enough that he'll be creating the Scorpion or sending the Spider-Slayers.

Even so. I do think he'll be possibly a focal point of the first act at least. And if Tobey interacts with Tom, possibly a nice connection for the two.

As for Tom's full acting ability. I feel like were blowing it out of proportion. Any scene I see Tom in as Spidey I can tell he's practically sold his soul to become the character. He's killing it he's the Parker we all know and love.

The thing you guys want is a more serious side. Which we have gotten glimpses of. But Spidey was never a dramatic over acted character in his youth. To see a serious Peter we'll have to wait for him to grow up.

Dude was literally on a field trip in the last movie. Give it some time guys.

That's probably my only hesitancy in regards to Toby and Andrew returning. I don't want them to be meme-ified the same way the rest of the characters in the MCU Spidey universe were meme-ified.

That's probably my only hesitancy in regards to Toby and Andrew returning. I don't want them to be meme-ified the same way the rest of the characters in the MCU Spidey universe were meme-ified.

First off Tobey was memefied beyond repair by Raimi's films alone.

As for Tom's full acting ability. I feel like were blowing it out of proportion. Any scene I see Tom in as Spidey I can tell he's practically sold his soul to become the character. He's killing it he's the Parker we all know and love.

The thing you guys want is a more serious side. Which we have gotten glimpses of. But Spidey was never a dramatic over acted character in his youth. To see a serious Peter we'll have to wait for him to grow up.

Dude was literally on a field trip in the last movie. Give it some time guys.
You're misunderstanding folks here. It's not his acting ability as much as it is the underwhelming material given to him.

Especially the bakery/ coffee store bit, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end of the film

I actually liked Zendaya better in FFH than Homecoming where she let down her guard a little and didnt have such a standoffish attitude. Those few scenes in FFH where MJ and Peter were actually becoming a little romantic-y were very charming—i just wanted MORE of that. Holland and Zendaya have great chemistry.

Too be fair, she's barely in Homecoming enough to even really call a character. She was lumped in with all the other supporting cast members who are only there to make jokes.

That said, I agree, I liked her in Far From Home. The few scenes where she gets characterization are nice and I hope to see more in the future (minus the stupid cliche of 'everyone thinks they're going to die so they admit their insecurities scene')

Still annoyed they're calling her MJ even though she has no resemblance to the actual character (which is doubly annoying since Zendaya would kill at that), but at the very least I hope they make this character an actual character.

Last edited:
I don't think there's a problem with meme humor, like it or not, that is the kind of comedy with young people and I say that as a 23 year old. Obviously Raimi and Maguire had no idea the "Holy Trilogy" memes would come out of their work. Though I always found the whole "Pizza Time" sequence and Tobey's facial expressions very amusing.

Yep. The Raimi Spider-Man movies will always hold a special place in my heart and their philosophy has greatly influenced my values since I was a kid, but I'm not above enjoying the memes one bit. :funny:

Wow. I couldn't disagree more with most people's assessment of the supporting cast in these movies. I actually like them a lot and Flash/Ned are my favourite, but I'm not here to argue, to each their own. Back on the set photos, I reckon the Christmas setting will probably just be used as a good way to establish that time has passed rather than contributing to the story in any meaningful way. I doubt it's gonna be called "Spider-Man: I'll Be Home for Christmas" or anything like that. Damn, I'd love to actually know what the thing is called though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"