No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with the correct hairstyle please...

This. That cameo in FFH didn’t feel like Jonah to me.

They can always explain it that he gets a toupee or hair transplant either of his own accord or being inspired by the JJJ from the Raimiverse (if he were to feature in it). Or maybe with all the multiverse shenanigans somehow JJJ gets a full head of hair. Even Dr Strange could give him hair by a wave of his hand, or it could be Stark nanotechnology.

Felt like JJ Jamison to me, even with the hairline.

I think what works in the 1960's doesn't resonate always in 2019. Traditional newspaper publications have been in decline since the 2000's. Even Ultimate Spider-Man had The Daily Bugle as a web publication.

As enjoyable as the cigar smoking "GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN", Newspaper owner version of JJ is it doesn't translate well in the modern world.

Felt like JJ Jamison to me, even with the hairline.

I think what works in the 1960's doesn't resonate always in 2019. Traditional newspaper publications have been in decline since the 2000's. Even Ultimate Spider-Man had The Daily Bugle as a web publication.

As enjoyable as the cigar smoking "GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN", Newspaper owner version of JJ is it doesn't translate well in the modern world.

So hair works in the 1960s but not so much in 2021?

Wow. I couldn't disagree more with most people's assessment of the supporting cast in these movies. I actually like them a lot and Flash/Ned are my favourite, but I'm not here to argue, to each their own.

You're not alone, I like the the supporting cast as well. With multiple adaptations of these characters (both in film and cartoons), I already got a near perfect adaptation of the comics with the SSM show. So in regards to the MCU, it doesn't bother me that they are not as beholden to the comics.

Why does the hair matter? Vulture wasn't completely bald in Homecoming yet he still felt very much like his character in the comics.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more with most people's assessment of the supporting cast in these movies. I actually like them a lot and Flash/Ned are my favourite, but I'm not here to argue, to each their own. Back on the set photos, I reckon the Christmas setting will probably just be used as a good way to establish that time has passed rather than contributing to the story in any meaningful way. I doubt it's gonna be called "Spider-Man: I'll Be Home for Christmas" or anything like that. Damn, I'd love to actually know what the thing is called though.

You're not alone, I like the the supporting cast as well. With multiple adaptations of these characters (both in film and cartoons), I already got a near perfect adaptation of the comics with the SSM show. So in regards to the MCU, it doesn't bother me that they are not as beholden to the comics.

Totally agree with both of you! I think they’re doing a really god job adapting the material while doing it in a new direction. And Holland is the best live action Peter for me by far.

Last edited:
Totally agree with both of you! I think they’re doing a really god job adapting the material while doing it in a new direction. And Holland is the best live action Peter for me by far.

I really have enjoyed the new films as well. I know there is some dissatisfaction with them among fandom, but I'm also old enough to remember when some fans were bashing the Raimi /Maguire films back in the day as well , so these films aren't going to please everyone all the time. Now most fans seem to want Maguire back for SM3.

The new films have their flaws , just like the old films have the flaws. On balance though, we've gotten a great Spiderman and Peter Parker in Holland , and some entertaining films.

Really? Because I'm seeing quite a lot of hatred and nitpicking with the Raimi trilogy on social media nowadays. The Andrew Garfield movies are getting the opposite treatment.
I wouldn't say that's necessarily a bad thing.

The Raimi movies had and honestly still do have their fair share of the time in the spotlight. This may prove good if the twos returns are more than a cameo.

People will go to see Tobey and Tom regardless. And new people who are coming around to Garfield will get a pleasant surprise.

Off topic would it be out of character for Tobey's Peter to have web shooters now?

For example they could increase the ability of his organic webs. Give him options like Tom and Andrew for different attacks. Only difference is when the supply runs out he still has natural webbing.

I wouldn't consider it an immediate change. But I imagine after seeing Tom in action both Andrew and Tobey will be a bit inspired to upgrade.

I might be wrong on this, but I don't think most folks who aren't into Maguire's or Garfield's portrayals are fans of the live-action multiverse concept to begin with.

I might be wrong on this, but I don't think most folks who aren't into Maguire's or Garfield's portrayals are fans of the live-action multiverse concept to begin with.
True, but the majority will see it any way for a number of reasons. Mind changes are a thing and this move is still almost a year away. With all due respect that is.

Mhm. I'm still hoping the marketing starts to gradually kick in after Wandavision ends given the tie-in.

Off topic would it be out of character for Tobey's Peter to have web shooters now?

For example they could increase the ability of his organic webs. Give him options like Tom and Andrew for different attacks. Only difference is when the supply runs out he still has natural webbing.

I wouldn't consider it an immediate change. But I imagine after seeing Tom in action both Andrew and Tobey will be a bit inspired to upgrade.

I doubt Toby or Andrew will get that much thought put in beyond where are they now at this point in their lives.

I doubt Toby or Andrew will get that much thought put in beyond where are they now at this point in their lives.
True, just a thought.

As for first looks is after wandavision. Likely. Maybe even before depending on how long they take to release all episodes

Really? Because I'm seeing quite a lot of hatred and nitpicking with the Raimi trilogy on social media nowadays. The Andrew Garfield movies are getting the opposite treatment.

I actually think all the meme's have benefited Spider-Man 3 most of all. I don't think that people are changing their opinions of it on mass like with Revenge Of The Sith but those "Bully Maguire" memes together with the joke in Into The Spider-Verse has led to people stop being obsessive with it in a negative way and just laugh at it now, which like nobody did back in 2007.

Yea I've seen Garfield get alot of love on Instagram and Tiktok. I think with quarantine people have more time on their hands and have re-watched the first film and have appreciated him much more like they did in 2012 and 2013.

I really have enjoyed the new films as well. I know there is some dissatisfaction with them among fandom, but I'm also old enough to remember when some fans were bashing the Raimi /Maguire films back in the day as well , so these films aren't going to please everyone all the time. Now most fans seem to want Maguire back for SM3.

The new films have their flaws , just like the old films have the flaws. On balance though, we've gotten a great Spiderman and Peter Parker in Holland , and some entertaining films.
Very well said.

Spider-Man 3: Elizabeth Olsen Addresses Potential Scarlet Witch Appearance
In an interview with Capital UK, Elizabeth Olsen discussed her potential involvement in Marvel Studios' Spider-Man 3. After the interviewer listed off multiple big names reported to show up in the film, like Benedict Cumberbatch, he asked Olsen if fans might see her appear in the Spidey threequel as well. Olsen answered, “I assume you might if everyone's in it, but I haven't shown up to that party quite yet, I don't think,” while being visibly confused.

Make of this what you will.

Depends if you truly believe all the rumors.

Maybe she was playing along with the joke about how everyone is in it, we'll see.

Anyway, word going around on social media today from you-know-who is that Tobey is being difficult on set and Marvel is upset. Even though as we've seen, he's still in LA and can't be shooting yet so I'm calling fake news on that.

Also, a lot of more delays happened today. Sony moved Ghostbusters and Uncharted. I'm bracing for Spidey next.

It's from DanielRPK... yeah, definitely not buying it. Now, it wouldn't be far-fetched for Tobey Maguire to act this way still, but the guy isn't even in Atlanta at the moment which just makes me dismiss this entirely.

So this is definitely getting delayed at this point. Don't think they'd have Morbius come out after and be so close to Spidey 3's release. My bet is May 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"