No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got definitive news about Molina, Foxx, and Cumberbatch returning, so we've had casting and villain news. The rest, I agree, they're being more secretive than usual.
Not exactly. It’s not officially stated that they will be the villains or not. Could be cameos . The other movies we had set pics and villains shown in costume a year before the movie came out .

Maybe "No Way Home" is also a dig at people staying at home, working from home and doing everything from home. It's like Home? No way, Home.

giphy.gif

What in the hell are you talking about? :funny:

Not exactly. It’s not officially stated that they will be the villains or not. Could be cameos . The other movies we had set pics and villains shown in costume a year before the movie came out .
Definitely more than a cameo, at least for Molina. We have Zendaya to thank for that info.

Jamie Foxx announced he would be coming back to the role shortly after THR reported he would nearly a year ago before he deleted his Instagram post for as-of-yet unexplained reasons, so he's 100% in the movie. Alfred Molina was also reported by THR after rumors began circling around that he was on set, so it's very much likely that he's also in it. And Zendaya shortly commenting that he was a nice guy to work with also leads credence to him being featured.

Plus, it's obvious to the naked eye that they're hiding a lot of stuff from this movie for a reason, so I don't know why you find this surprising.

giphy.gif

What in the hell are you talking about? :funny:
Raven has, uh... a peculiar sense of humor basically. :hehe:

No way are they just cameos. I've been in this forum following the production of the Spidey films since the SM3 days of 2005-2007, and the major villains have always been announced by trades. We've gone through three iterations of this franchise, and that's always been the way things go regarding the villains, basically without exception.

They may not be cameos, but they may not be large parts either. there is a middle ground to this stuff.

Eh, no. Just going by how the trades announced the main villains for both HoCo and FFH, there's a definite pattern. Also there's no way they're bringing back THE iconic live action Spider-Man movie villain for just a small role. I'm not denying that there may be other villains besides Ock and Electro, I'm just saying, going by how things have gone before, they are most likely the central antagonists.

I mean, they mostly post this stuff as if the rest of us are not able to set our own expectations and consider that these incredibly obvious things could be the case, so I find it kind of eye-rolling. :hehe:

They should have left Foxx's Electro in the trash heap, and Doc Ock should have been cast younger. Molina was fine in the role but that was 17 years ago. Its time for another actor to take the role.

I mean, they mostly post this stuff as if the rest of us are not able to set our own expectations and consider that these incredibly obvious things could be the case, so I find it kind of eye-rolling. :hehe:

Bringing back Alfred Molina in a Spider-Man film for only a cameo or side villain role would result in Sony and Marvel committing s*icide by angry nerd. There's very little reason to believe that he and Jamie Foxx aren't the central antagonists.

They should have left Foxx's Electro in the trash heap, and Doc Ock should have been cast younger. Molina was fine in the role but that was 17 years ago. Its time for another actor to take the role.

Very brave of you to say, but very wrong.

It's possible that Jamie Foxx's Electro could just be an MCU interpretation (I remember Kevin Feige saying that he liked him in ASM 2, plus Foxx is a good actor that, given the right material, can make for a great Electro). As for Molina, multiverse shenanigans might be involved or not.

Either way, if this ends up being a Spider-Verse movie, it's not really a problem?

Eh, no. Just going by how the trades announced the main villains for both HoCo and FFH, there's a definite pattern. Also there's no way they're bringing back THE iconic live action Spider-Man movie villain for just a small role. I'm not denying that there may be other villains besides Ock and Electro, I'm just saying, going by how things have gone before, they are most likely the central antagonists.

There is only so much screen time a load of villains can get. and if some of the villains are played by just as recognisable faces. i don't think iconic live action villain will mean much beyond hey look that guy from that movie is back! wow cool action! woo!

But then i sorta believe the multiverse element will be mixed in more complicated then just a normal spider-man story.

There is only so much screen time a load of villains can get. and if some of the villains are played by just as recognisable faces. i don't think iconic live action villain will mean much beyond hey look that guy from that movie is back! wow cool action! woo!

We only know of two villains so far, that is not a "load" of villains. Since Molina and Foxx were announced early, like Michael Keaton and Jake Gyllenhaal were for the last two films, it is safe to assume that they're the main villains with the most screen time, even if they're not the only villains.

We only know of two villains so far, that is not a "load" of villains. Since Molina and Foxx were announced early, like Michael Keaton and Jake Gyllenhaal were for the last two films, it is safe to assume that they're the main villains with the most screen time, even if they're not the only villains.

Well technically they haven't been announced. not by Sony anyway. these things just got out. Foxx confirmed it and clearly got told to be quiet and he later denied it. so yeah if there were anymore Villians the actors probably were told to stay quiet too.

I mean we have heard that Defoe might be back as Norman Osborn recently. are we saying he is the main villain? because he was the green goblin and was the first villain in a live-action spider-man movie? because you could make that argument... or you could say yeeaah i dunno how all these characters fit in here and to make a consistent plot there is gonna be alot of moving around to fit everything in.

Also what if Keaton appears? are we gonna say he is the main villain because he was the villain that started this trilogy? because you could make that arguement also.

Well technically they haven't been announced. not by Sony anyway. these things just get out. Foxx confirmed it and got told to be quiet and he later denied it. so yeah if there were anymore Villians the actors probably were told to stay quiet too.

I mean we have heard that Defoe might be back as Norman Osborn recently. are we saying he is the main villain? because he was the green goblin and was the first villain in a live-action spider-man movie? because you could make that argument... or you could say yeeaah i dunno how all these characters fit in here and to make a consistent plot there is gonna be alot of moving around to fit everything in.

Also what if Keaton appears? are we gonna say he is the main villain because he was the villain that started this trilogy? because you could make that arguement also.

Keaton and Gyllenhaal were announced by the trades way before they were confirmed by Sony and Marvel. Ditto Molina and Foxx. Dafoe has not been announced by the trades, and obviously that doesn't mean he isn't in the movie, but it doesn't mean he is either. That's generally been the case for MCU villains. They get announced by the trades, sometimes along with the character they're playing, and after a little while the studio and/or actor confirms it. And if they're announced early in production, they're usually playing the main villain or one of them. It's not that complicated once you see there's a pattern.

Jamie Foxx announced he would be coming back to the role shortly after THR reported he would nearly a year ago before he deleted his Instagram post for as-of-yet unexplained reasons, so he's 100% in the movie. Alfred Molina was also reported by THR after rumors began circling around that he was on set, so it's very much likely that he's also in it. And Zendaya shortly commenting that he was a nice guy to work with also leads credence to him being featured.

Plus, it's obvious to the naked eye that they're hiding a lot of stuff from this movie for a reason, so I don't know why you find this surprising.

Raven has, uh... a peculiar sense of humor basically. :hehe:
Calm down buddy. All I’m saying that it’s the most secretive movie in spidey’s movie history. Again I’m talking about officially announcement from the studio. Sheesh lol. What’s with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"