No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s The CW though...
Still multiversal featuring two versions meeting one of which is cinematic.

And if we wanna get technical on big or small screen Star Trek beat Marvel and DC products to the punch in live action 50 years ago with MIRROR, MIRROR.

I like that the titles get more gloomy as the trilogy goes on.

I'm not expecting Tobey and Garfield to be official until the trailer probably in late spring/early summer. But hey, if they can not announce it all until the movie comes out I'd like that, but I know this is Sony.

This has got to be the most secretive spiderman movie I’ve ever seen.

no new suit reveal
No casting announcements
No villain announcement

usually they reveal this stuff early on or during filming but they haven’t yet. Some huge stuff in this movie no doubt . This is probably the first official announcement we got and it’s the title lol.

I can see the title having a few meanings: His old life is something he can't go back to, things are bad and he's on the run. He's getting lost in the multiverse. Or combination of both, I'm thinking it'll be both.

no new suit reveal
No casting announcements
No villain announcement

usually they reveal this stuff early on or during filming but they haven’t yet. Some huge stuff in this movie no doubt . This is probably the first official announcement we got and it’s the title lol.

Yea for Homecoming and FFH we already knew most of the casting, the title and a general synopsis prior to the start of filming. With No Way Home, we're just now getting the title and they are expected to finish filming next month.

no new suit reveal
No casting announcements
No villain announcement

We got definitive news about Molina, Foxx, and Cumberbatch returning, so we've had casting and villain news. The rest, I agree, they're being more secretive than usual.

We got definitive news about Molina, Foxx, and Cumberbatch returning, so we've had casting and villain news. The rest, I agree, they're being more secretive than usual.

I think he means officially from Marvel's own mouth and not the trades reporting. The trades reported on Mysterio being the main villain a month before Marvel officially (via THR) released a press release stating he was Mysterio.

I think he means officially from Marvel's own mouth and not the trades. The trades reported on Mysterio being the main villain a month before Marvel officially (via THR) released a press release stating he was Mysterio.

You're right. Even so, we still know for sure who at least two of the villains in NWH will be. At least we got that much.

I wonder if they’ll even change the suit drastically this time, unless he gets a more Tobey inspired raised webbing (done in a Holland way) near the end. I’m better this black/red will help them keep him and other Spider-Men separated on screen easier.

Some folks on Reddit are speculating that while fake, the previous titles' color schemes might indicate who (or at least some of) the villains of No Way Home might be. Now, this is all theoretical, so don't take this too seriously:

Phone Home had green and yellow, which brings to mind Electro. Home Wrecker had gray and red, which brings to mind either Doc Ock or Rhino, and given that we know that Alfred Molina is in NWH, it's most likely him. And Home Slice was purple, which... well it's quite obvious lol

Last edited:
Same, Ive said this before but we need to strap in guys. Theyre going to withhold Tobey and Andrew until we get the trailer this summer. They wanna make a bug splash with the announcement.
Agreed. Their unveiling is gonna break the internet!

Random I’m sorry but I just have to say. Because this still kills me. With Homecoming I still hate the 8 years later thing after showing that intro from the Battle Of New York. It irks me so bad I just wish they left that 8 years later out. I’m crazy I know but it’s such a bother to me that they made that mistake.

Random I’m sorry but I just have to say. Because this still kills me. With Homecoming I still hate the 8 years later thing after showing that intro from the Battle Of New York. It irks me so bad I just wish they left that 8 years later out. I’m crazy I know but it’s such a bother to me that they made that mistake.
Pushing Avengers into 2010, with Iron Man through Cap (beginning/ending) into 2008-2010 makes sense at how fast the world was built. I’ll post my digital “timeline” map after I get home from work later.

If Green Goblin does return, I want Willem Dafoe playing him. I accept no substitues.
...with make up or recreate the original (yet scrapped) mechanical mask... instead of the suit we got.

I still can’t believe they hindered Dafoe’s face for that Power Rangers helmet.

...with make up or recreate the original (yet scrapped) mechanical mask... instead of the suit we got.

I still can’t believe they hindered Dafoe’s face for that Power Rangers helmet.

I've come to love the SM1 design, but yes, a design that allows for more facial expressiveness would be great. Also make the suit and gadgets less mechanical-looking and lean into the kitschy Halloween aesthetic from the comics.

Pushing Avengers into 2010, with Iron Man through Cap (beginning/ending) into 2008-2010 makes sense at how fast the world was built. I’ll post my digital “timeline” map after I get home from work later.

Yeah I’m curious to see what you post. Because didn’t Vision also mention in Civil War about Tony’s declaration of being Iron Man and I forgot how many years ago he said it was. And Civil War is supposed to be 2016. You let me know post and tag me your timeline. Sometimes I’m all about my own head canon and what works best for me to help my own sanity when I watch haha.

Yeah I’m curious to see what you post. Because didn’t Vision also mention in Civil War about Tony’s declaration of being Iron Man and I forgot how many years ago he said it was. And Civil War is supposed to be 2016. You let me know post and tag me your timeline. Sometimes I’m all about my own head canon and what works best for me to help my own sanity when I watch haha.
Will do... I went pretty analytic about it all when making my Blu-ray covers last fall. I wanted the dates on the spines to correlate with “my MCU timeline” ha

I honestly really enjoy how little we know. This is the first Spidey film in a while where we genuinely don't know what direction it's gonna go in.

Ideally I'd like to know as little as possible about the film. If I could, I'd even like to go into the film not knowing it's a Spider-Man movie.

Might be a bit difficult buying tickets though.

I really hope they learned the big lesson Endgame left, which is KEEP SECRETS AND REVEAL THEM IN THE MOVIE ITSELF.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 marketing campaign was like they chopped the entire movie into trailers and tv spots, I really hope they've learned a lesson.

Again, this is Sony we're talking about. Some of you guys are really underestimating them. :funny:

100% certain they will advertise the other Spider-Men eventually, though maybe not to ASM 2 levels of spoiler-ing.

Maybe "No Way Home" is also a dig at people staying at home, working from home and doing everything from home. It's like Home? No way, Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"