• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with it having a possible double-meaning? It could both mean Peter can't return home because he is being hunted down and because he might get stuck in an alternate universe with Ned and MJ with seemingly no way to returning to the MCU timeline.

Both plotlines can definitely intertwine if executed well enough.

We know Home Coming had a definite double meaning behind it. I still need to see what was sly about FFH's title beyond the obvious.

Here... Yeah the title prolly has a few ways you can look at it.

Its like incredibly subtle. i don't think its gonna have huge meaning. like Homecoming for example. that didn't have huge meaning behind it.

I also don't think it related to other spider-men. i just don't think their roles will be big enough to justify their connection to the title.

Weren't both titles rather meta before? Homecoming was indicating it was coming home to Marvel, while Far From Home suggested that with all the difficult negotiations with Sony, Spider-Man was far from being back with them after all.

So maybe No Way Home means that there's no way Spider-Man is going to be back with Marvel because there's no route to negotiating him back.

Its like incredibly subtle. i don't think its gonna have huge meaning. like Homecoming for example. that didn't have huge meaning behind it.

I also don't think it related to other spider-men. i just don't think their roles will be big enough to justify their connection to the title.

Really I seem to remember the title actually had multiple interpretation of meaning behind the title.

For starters it was an official welcoming of Spider-Man into the world of the MCU by Kevin Feige. In the film Peter is preparing to go to the school "Homecoming" dance with Liz Allen, you could also say that After Peter's first encounter with the Avengers in Civil War, he was longing for a "Homecoming" announcement to join the Avengers from Tony Stark. He eventually got that chance and rejected it when he realized he wasn't truly ready for the major responsibilities of being apart of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and prefer to be a Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

Far From Home worked as a title as well since After the events of Infinity war & Endgame, Peter wants to escape from being a superhero and have a summer vacation far from Home, he ends up in Europe. The story even takes place far from Queens New York, that Spidey ends up in London.

I never saw the FFH title as anything deeper than he's over seas as opposed to being in at his home in Queens.

No way home is more intriguing since it can mean that Peter's lost or trapped somehow, that it's to dangerous for him to come home, that he can't back to his life before, etc.

This title is open to much more interpretation than Far From Home ever was.

Homecoming had multiple meanings including the meta one of Spider-Man “coming home” to Marvel, but I don’t think Far From Home did.

No, Far Far Home had a deeper meaning. It both referred to the vacation and his sadness over the death of Stark.

No Way Home is obviously the shortened version of the title.

The full length title is...

No Way I'll Watch This In The Theater Unless Tobey Is In It, Otherwise I'll Just Watch It At Home.
That's a damn good title lol

I am very glad this is coming to theaters only though and that studios are making sure they're the priority.

Speculating here, but you guys think we might get more substantial info once Wandavision ends? It's been talked about here a lot, but I don't know if the title reveal makes it more or less likely to happen.

Speculating here, but you guys think we might get more substantial info once Wandavision ends? It's been talked about here a lot, but I don't know if the title reveal makes it more or less likely to happen.

No cause the info on this is up to Sony. So we will find stuff out when Sony is likely confident there will be no delay

No Way Home is obviously the shortened version of the title.

The full length title is...

No Way I'll Watch This In The Theater Unless Tobey Is In It, Otherwise I'll Just Watch It At Home.

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

I think it definitely implies that Peter and co are gonna be world jumping and Pete needs to find his way back to his earth.

which, omg, might mean hes going to literally be spending time in the Raimi world and Webb worlds.

No, Far Far Home had a deeper meaning. It both referred to the vacation and his sadness over the death of Stark.
Eh... That takes a few leaps in my mind.

He was away from the City he grew up in for an extended period for the first time of his life (EXTENDED, cuz I know... He went to Germany for a couple of days in CW.) so I get the surface meaning sure.

Saying "Home" refers to Stark take as I said a few more leaps of explanation.

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

I think it definitely implies that Peter and co are gonna be world jumping and Pete needs to find his way back to his earth.

which, omg, might mean hes going to literally be spending time in the Raimi world and Webb worlds.
If that's the case, it's the perfect chance to show us what's been going on in those worlds. I'm so on board for this.

Eh... That takes a few leaps in my mind.

He was away from the City he grew up in for an extended period for the first time of his life (EXTENDED, cuz I know... He went to Germany for a couple of days in CW.) so I get the surface meaning sure.

Saying "Home" refers to Stark take as I said a few more leaps of explanation.

I dont think it does at all. Being a superhero is Peter's escape. One could say his second home. Stark dying challenged his resolve as a superhero. It clearly did as he just wanted a normal vacation. Therefore, far from home

I dont see this as a leap at all. Makes perfect sense.

If that's the case, it's the perfect chance to show us what's been going on in those worlds. I'm so on board for this.

Thats EXACTLY what im thinking my friend. In Raimi’s world, Doc Ock is alive and Tobey-Spidey is battling him, Holland-Spidey arrives and gets in the middle of it. On Webb’s world Electro is back and new and improved etc and Andrew-Spidey is still mourning over Gwen, Etc etc

Holland Spidey meets each alternate Spiderman for a bit before the big climax where both Spider-men then go to MCU earth to stop this big threat.

Thats EXACTLY what im thinking my friend. In Raimi’s world, Doc Ock is alive and Tobey-Spidey is battling him, Holland-Spidey arrives and gets in the middle of it. On Webb’s world Electro is back and new and improved etc and Andrew-Spidey is still mourning over Gwen, Etc etc

Holland Spidey meets each alternate Spiderman for a bit before the big climax where both Spider-men then go to MCU earth to stop this big threat.
I swear, the Raimi stuff is when my heart starts pumping lol. I'm not gonna be able to control my excitement haha.

No cause the info on this is up to Sony. So we will find stuff out when Sony is likely confident there will be no delay
They could have been asked by Feige to not to spill the beans on the potential multiverse reveals at least until Wandavision is over, similar to how FFH's first trailer omitted the fact that Tony Stark died in Endgame. But you might be right on the money, so we'll see.

tenor.gif

They could have been asked by Feige to not to spill the beans on the potential multiverse reveals at least until Wandavision is over, similar to how FFH's first trailer omitted the fact that Tony Stark died in Endgame. But you might be right on the money, so we'll see.

tenor.gif

Right, but we still got a first trailer. Venom 2 also had no trailer, and that is set for earlier as of now. So I think it's definitely more about Sony waiting to see how things develop.

I swear, the Raimi stuff is when my heart starts pumping lol. I'm not gonna be able to control my excitement haha.

Dude i can literally picture it, Holland Spidey arrives in Raimi NYC, hes disoriented, looks around and things dont quite look like HIS NYC, and all of a sudden the six armed lunatic starts attacking him thinking its HIS Spiderman. He gets overwhelmed and then out of nowhere Tobey Spidey swoops in, saves Holland and says, “hey kid, you all right? Nice costume, but you know Halloween was two months ago right?”

The opening night theater crowd goes WILD.

I dont think it does at all. Being a superhero is Peter's escape. One could say his second home. Stark dying challenged his resolve as a superhero. It clearly did as he just wanted a normal vacation. Therefore, far from home

I dont see this as a leap at all. Makes perfect sense.

Its a leap in that instead of it being "It means this obviously... But it also means this with a single change of perspective."

I mean... Your justification does take like four steps to get to what the connection is, no?

Its a leap in that instead of it being "It means this obviously... But it also means this with a single change of perspective."

I mean... Your justification does take like four steps to get to what the connection is, no?

I dont see this as any more complicated than Homecoming referring to him being in the MCU or No Way Home having some kind of universe shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"