The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the 5 year bit, 34 now, 39 when the deal expires, even at 50% less wages he'll still be on about £300k - £400k a week if his rumoured preposterous wages were accurate.

That's a lot of money to commit to a 34 year old for 5 years, sporting decline can hit like a ton of bricks at any moment.
I think it’s to do with the money he brings to the club by being there rather than contributing like a superstar at 39. It’s a bit of a unique case.

I hope he doesn't go to Manchester City, not just because it's Manchester City, but I think he's shown to be good enough to be the focal point of a good team starting 90% of the games he's fit for. With the likes of Sterling, Silva, KDB, Mahrez, Foden & even Gundogan, I don't think he'll start every game.
True, although if City signed Kane and played a 4-2-3-1 they could show Southgate what he needs to do with Grealish pulling the strings in the middle of the 3 and Sterling and Foden wide and Kane up front! I guess same would apply with Utd with Rashford and Sancho in the wide roles (Greenwood involved too). I’d be a fan of a bunch of England players playing together at a few of our big clubs.

I think it’s to do with the money he brings to the club by being there rather than contributing like a superstar at 39. It’s a bit of a unique case.

Yeah its the name they are signing now. Sure he is still good and Barca can still compete for the league with the state of La Liga at the moment but he is declining as anyone at that age would do just he is falling from a greater height so is still better than 95% out there in their prime. It means they can sell him for stupid money to USA/China in a couple years so they still have a resale on him as well. Their finances are so messed up though they seem to be in perpetual state of chaos but seem to find a way out one or another.

It seems odd but if someone gives them a cheque for £200m or something stupid they can rebuild their squad with that. Their wage structure is kind of a mess right now though.

Messi staying makes sense from both sides, and even though he costs them a lot, he also earns them a lot. Let's be honest, who would be excited to watch this current Barcelona team without Messi? The bigger issue they have is how much money they have pissed away on subpar players and/or players who weren't worth it. Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, the list goes on.

Don't misjudge Chiellini's shirt choke on Saka - he was saving the lad!

chiellini-saka-shar-meme.jpg

Boy, would I have loved to see Chiellini pull that shirt tug (no pun intended) on Roy Keane back in the day.

The final is a bit of a blur for me still and I haven’t rewatched any of it, not even a replay of the pens. I can’t even remember when that happened.

Arsenal sign Albert Lokonga from Anderlecht.

If it's Sigurdsson as rumoured he should have been arrested for crimes against a football pitch since he has been with us, total ****house.

Damn, there’s bad stories and then there’s bad stories.

If it's Sigurdsson as rumoured he should have been arrested for crimes against a football pitch since he has been with us, total ****house.

Everton only have 2, 31 year olds, Sigurdsson & Delph, so it's 1 of them that's under investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, I feel bad for whoever it isn't because both of them are having their names dragged through the mud.

Everton only have 2, 31 year olds, Sigurdsson & Delph, so it's 1 of them that's under investigation. Innocent until proven guilty, I feel bad for whoever it isn't because both of them are having their names dragged through the mud.

They should reveal who they've arrested as the other guy is getting honked over the sauce rumper like anus pus for kiddie fiddling.

"Juve have a new offer on the table for Locatelli. €5m (£4.2m) 2y loan fee, €20m (£17m) obligation, €7m (£6m) addons & 25% sell-on. This is still far from what Sassuolo want & probably worse than the previous offer [Via -
@Gazzetta_IT"

This is like when you play Football Manager and you've tanked the economy down the drain but it's deadline day and you desperately want to sign that one player so you make a bid with 40 clauses with no cash up front hoping they are desperate to accept. :D

Hyped for Sancho! Let's hope Varane and a DM follows. Really hope these rumors around Trippier die down, not a huge fan but also I think there's 2-3 other positions that need attention before a backup RB for 15-20 mil (or more).

Glad to see Sancho complete his Utd move. Hope it turns out well for both parties and I’m really looking forward to seeing him in the PL next season.

Sky say Pogba growing more unlikely to sign a contract extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"