The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

I'm enjoying '97 a lot but Spectacular is the only Marvel cartoon with a particularly creatively justifiable reason to bring it back. The 97 style revival is cute to do for an old show once, Spectacular is a great series that was cut severely short so I'd be down for it to be brought back but apart from that I'd really rather they do new takes rather than revive old ones.
It's the ideal choice from Spidey's catalogue for sure but it's just not feasible legally it seems. Greg Weisman would love to but he keeps saying it just doesn't seem like all the rights-holding parties want to or even can if they wanted to.

Bring back avengers earth's mightest heroes you cowards!:argh:
1sxtf9.gif

Spectacular Spider-Man first! :mad:

Spectacular Spider-Man got done so dirty. It's still such a fantastic adaption of the character. That said, I do think I'd rather see a Spider-Man TAS continuation simply because it's the version I grew up. Hearing Christopher Daniel Barnes in the role again would be amazing.

Bring back avengers earth's mightest heroes you cowards!:argh:
If it were me, I would be doing a 90s based Avengers show. Avengers 2000! Starring the various 90s versions of the characters from the TAS shows

Spectacular Spider-Man got done so dirty. It's still such a fantastic adaption of the character. That said, I do think I'd rather see a Spider-Man TAS continuation simply because it's the version I grew up. Hearing Christopher Daniel Barnes in the role again would be amazing.
My same sentiment.

I'm open to a wide variety of revivals of old shows or new material, just keep this momentum for animated shows up from the first couple of episodes of X-Men 97 and hopefully fans will start watching them all. Marvel mucked up on the live action show side as that momentum's well and truly gone, and even good shows won't now get the eyes on them that they would have done if they'd kept the quality up.

Actually I'm shocked Feige isn't building up to a FoX-Men VS Avengers climax for this saga where Kang is the puppet master here. Leading to the reboot of the X-Men.

Anybody else want to see more Spider Man Unlimited?
I am also one of the resilient few Spider-Man Unlimited enjoyers. There's probably no way something that weird gets this treatment despite it having the biggest cliffhanger of all. My wish is that the series would at least get its conclusion via a comic book, take the scripts that were written and adapt them. Maybe it could be on the table after lots more X-Men '97 kicking butt and anything and everything from that era being more desirable to look back at as a result.

Yeah, count me as someone who would prefer a Spectacular Spider-Man revival before a TAS one.

Either way, I hope they're not foolish enough to start bringing back a bunch of old shows. Just one extra revival would be more than enough.

Spectacular is the one to do because:

1. It was very highly regarded.
2. It obviously got cut short before the story was completed.

After that? Earth's Mightiest Heroes maybe, but I'm not sure how much that has left to tell. X-Men Evolution has its fans, but they are doing a different X-Men revival right now.

Meh- I would rather a new villain like a Hugo Strange than another Harvey Dent rehash.
Dent's my favorite Batman character, but I don't know what more there is to do with just plain old Harvey Dent that can't be done by some random DA. And if he's going to be Two-Face, I'd rather have him just be Two-Face from the start as Nolan already did his fall as the heart of the main story of The Dark Knight, and I can't see that being improved upon.

It's not like Reeves' take on a gritty world was all that similar to Nolan's. Gritty and realism are pretty broad terms.

Dent's my favorite Batman character, but I don't know what more there is to do with just plain old Harvey Dent that can't be done by some random DA. And if he's going to be Two-Face, I'd rather have him just be Two-Face from the start as Nolan already did his fall as the heart of the main story of The Dark Knight, and I can't see that being improved upon.
I'm a big fan of Harvey's arc in The Dark Knight but I do think there's room for improvement, especially if it's done over the course of several movies/shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kimcity
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"