The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Honestly, The Batman was so good that I have an uncharacteristically difficult time questioning anything Reeves is doing for the sequel. If HE was cooking up the 200 million jukebox musical I'd probably buy it lol.

I'm a big fan of Harvey's arc in The Dark Knight but I do think there's room for improvement, especially if it's done over the course of several movies/shows.
There are so many stories that they can do with these characters and it gets a little tiresome when they keep falling back to the same ones. Marvel is no stranger to this either (see Phoenix, Dark).

There are so many stories that they can do with these characters and it gets a little tiresome when they keep falling back to the same ones. Marvel is no stranger to this either (see Phoenix, Dark).
Sure, but I don't consider Two-Face's origin to fall into that same category here. We've only seen it once in a movie (not counting the silly 10 second moment in Batman Forever where Batman is all suited up in a courtroom in the middle of the day) and while very well done it was still a little rushed, as is to be expected with a movie that also features The Joker as the main villain. Apart from that, we've only seen it in through the realistic and grounded lens of the Nolan films, which as effective as it was, I'm still more than open to see a more stylish take on Two-Face's origin from Reeves.

I'm aware this is a highly niche issue that even some otherwise quite woke folks here might roll their eyes at me for but I really don't want to see any Big Bad Harv stuff. DID is a real thing and it being portrayed in media endlessly as a monstrous affliction that spurns those living with it to violent criminality sucks real hard.

Meh- I would rather a new villain like a Hugo Strange than another Harvey Dent rehash.
giphy.gif

Imagine finally seeing Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter and Strange all on the big screen... but in a Gunn produced movie.

giphy (2).gif

I would cringe at the jokes he'd add in for Victor to say.

If it were me, I would be doing a 90s based Avengers show. Avengers 2000! Starring the various 90s versions of the characters from the TAS shows

He's not an obvious choice, but I think I like it. Holbrook has been consistently good in everything I've seen him in.

Holbrook is Hollywood's go to bad guy. Dent would be his third comic book villain role. The Corinthian in Sandman and Donald Pierce in Logan being his two previous comic book villain roles.

Holbrook is Hollywood's go to bad guy. Dent would be his third comic book villain role. The Corinthian in Sandman and Donald Pierce in Logan being his two previous comic book villain roles.

I wouldn't be doing the United They Stand versions. Different show entirely :o

I mean, Iron Man TAS season 1 had the 90's as **** version of Avengers, Force Works.

Lin I don't think is really the kind of director who could overcome the assembly line blandness of the MCU but he's a really solid journeyman. Good choice for a Spidey movie.
Remember the talent that was squandered with The Eternals.

Remember the talent that was squandered with The Eternals.
I kinda like Eternals! Kinda. Being a MCU movie is among its many, many issues though. I’d rather watch it over a lot of the more popular entries in the franchise never the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"