The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

AoU was solid, had a lot of great lines I still quote regularly ("Please be a Secret door, Please be a secret door... Yay!")
Still didn't love Ultron, he was too goofy
Thor's vision quest was still weird
and Pietro should've lived
But the party scene alone makes up for most of those flaws

I liked Age of Ultron. I get why some didn't, but it's got a lot of memorable moments in there. Just wish Ultron was as scary as the trailers intially teased.

Agree with BG that AOU had some great stuff, but also some truly turrible bits. Scarjo's girlish nerd infatuated Widow was a huge comedown from her appearance in CA:TWS, going with disposable Ultron drones instead of fewer but more formidable versions was a mistake, and you never want to see your speedster get shot dead from a jet piloting Ultron when you could have given him a "Final Fate of the Flash" style heroic send off.

But the biggest problem aside from Ultron's lips was that it was never clear what the big fella wanted or why he wanted it. At various points he wanted to destroy the Avengers, then to wipe out half of humanity to allow it to change and eventually leave only metal things left alive. But why? What was the motivation for these destructive impulses? I was hoping it would have been clarified in a subsequent film, something like Ultron wanted to gird earth for a battle against an invasion by Thanos, but to date we haven't found out.

I liked Age of Ultron. I get why some didn't, but it's got a lot of memorable moments in there. Just wish Ultron was as scary as the trailers intially teased.
It's really hard to think about Age of Ultron fairly given what's come out about Joss Whedon.

Agree with BG that AOU had some great stuff, but also some truly turrible bits. Scarjo's girlish nerd infatuated Widow was a huge comedown from her appearance in CA:TWS, going with disposable Ultron drones instead of fewer but more formidable versions was a mistake, and you never want to see your speedster get shot dead from a jet piloting Ultron when you could have given him a "Final Fate of the Flash" style heroic send off.

But the biggest problem aside from Ultron's lips was that it was never clear what the big fella wanted or why he wanted it. At various points he wanted to destroy the Avengers, then to wipe out half of humanity to allow it to change and eventually leave only metal things left alive. But why? What was the motivation for these destructive impulses? I was hoping it would have been clarified in a subsequent film, something like Ultron wanted to gird earth for a battle against an invasion by Thanos, but to date we haven't found out.
It is peculiar that the character of Ultron has not come up since.

After hearing how into Ultron Whedon was I was expecting him to nail him as an uber-villain, but in the end missed the mark a lot and he was too often just silly. The Avengers themselves were great in the film

I like Age of Ultron, I always have. IMO it's the weakest Avengers movie by default but I don't think it's bad at all. Plenty of flaws but I think that a few movies and shows that came after it that tie into the plot have actually enhanced it, most notably WandaVision.

AOU was also easily my most hyped MCU movie prior to the one-two punch of Infinity War and Endgame.

Absolutely. I just dug it man, a lot of things about it that worked for me, the only thing I wish is that it wasn't Quicksilver's only movie (well as of now).

More like Hugh Jackedman!!! Am I right?

I will see myself out :csad:

55 years old and looking like a peak athlete. Dude has always been super-committed to the cause. :cool:

Off the strength of Jackedman, I'm just having hot coffee and hope for breakfast, lunch and dinner all week and keeping my ass on that treadmill.

Then I can look like College Shinobi again. :don'tcry:

It looks they are really going to be playing off the chemistry between Reynolds and Jackman which is what everyone wants and so far it looks like they are going to have amazing chemistry IMO.

Really enjoyed the new trailer and thankfully they didn't show much.

It's interesting that Reynolds is still interested in being an actor. Isn't he a billionaire now from his whiskey company?

Also how does he find the time given that he's always popping out on my YouTube asking me to get Mint mobile?

;-)

It looks they are really going to be playing off the chemistry between Reynolds and Jackman which is what everyone wants and so far it looks like they are going to have amazing chemistry IMO.

Really enjoyed the new trailer and thankfully they didn't show much.
That's just it, the plot is secondary here. This is all about Deadpool and Wolverine doing the buddy cop thing. It will live and die off that aspect, and it looks like they will be entertaining as hell

It is interesting that this Wolverine doesn't appear to be the Fox Universe X-Men Wolverine, I know some people thought that Logan should have been the proper end to that character but if this is an alternate Logan then it appears to be true.

Theres going to be two camps to this D&W movie. One camp is going to roll their eyes and see this as yet more shameless nostalgia bait and fanservice. And then theres the camp im in that says “screw it, im a fan so service me :funny:

The movie looks like a ton of fun yall and a definite crowd pleaser. I dont anticipate this will be NWH level huge but this movie’s gonna for sure cruise past one billion and be the movie of the summer. And you can tell theyre still hiding tons of surprises. Im not watching any more trailers after this.

Jackman and reynolds look like they had an absolute blast making this.

It is interesting that this Wolverine doesn't appear to be the Fox Universe X-Men Wolverine, I know some people thought that Logan should have been the proper end to that character but if this is an alternate Logan then it appears to be true.
I think this is the same Wolverine. The implication I got is this is Logan shortly after Xavier's incident.

I think this is the same Wolverine. The implication I got is this is Logan shortly after Xavier's incident.
I always figured it was Xavier's fault not Logan's fault unless he could have just killed him and didn't, but I'd still say it was more Xavier than him.

Yeah this looks like a different timeline Logan to me.

It was Xavier who killed some of the X-Men in Logan and the radio stated only some X-Men died not all.

Hardly ‘end of the world’ like this trailer mentions.

Nah theyre not gonna retcon Logan, this is for sure a different Wolverine who had some bad s*** happen to him.
Didn't say they would retcon Logan. Could just be a timey wimey situation where he gets plucked out of his timeline then put back in without his memories of what happened in this movie. But who knows, could be wrong.

Deadpool 3 doesn’t feel like a Shawn Levy movie. Which is good.

Anyone else notice the copyright notice at the end of the trailer? It still says “(C) 2024 20th Century Studios / (C) & TM MARVEL” like the new Fantastic 4 poster artwork.

Guess when the Mouse House bought 20th Century, any future sequels, spin-offs or reboots have to require Disney give it the 20th Century copyright.

Well, effectively its a different Wolverine even if its the same one. Since pulling him out of that reality would create a new branch.

I think in one of the earlier videos way prior to filming when they referred to Logan and not wanting to taint it, they called this Pre-Logan.

Sorry guys, I think this is Logan Wolverine, just after the X-Men got whacked by Charles. Probably the reason why Cassandra Nova factors in.

But there's also the slight possibility this could be a Wolverine from Earth 838 judging by that Strange portal.

Sorry guys, I think this is Logan Wolverine, just after the X-Men got whacked by Charles. Probably the reason why Cassandra Nova factors in.

But there's also the slight possibility this could be a Wolverine from Earth 838 judging by that Strange portal.
Oh, I agree it's the same one. Judging by what they said before about the movie. My point is by multiverse rules, he would be a variant of that same Logan Wolverine since they're taking him out of that reality and thus making a new branch. Unless he gets put back at the end at the moment he was taken, like they did the stuff the Avengers took in Endgame

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"