The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Also, it is always fun to see which actors from the Disney seasons have been able to jump over the american stuff. I think RPM may have the most who have.
Was the Luchadore villain in Time Force the same as the Sentai one?

This year is the 40th Anniversary of Transformers so Hasbro is doing everything they can to promote the franchise. Right down to a theatrical release of the original G1 series first four episodes being released in theaters as a film

The movie that tells kids... Yes your heroes can die, but more importantly!

Just saw the whole Paramount/Sony thing. Hope this doesn’t happen.

Crossover with TMNT/Karate Kid! :o

I think the Sony deal is preferable to the Skydance combination since the Paramount/Columbia merged entity would provide scale that should allow the two studios to better compete in the post pandemic streaming environment. I am not sure what Skydance brings to the table outside of daddy's Oracle money.

Losing another old timey Hollywood studio isn't ideal, but Paramount was eventually going to be stripped for parts by a private equity investor if Shari Redstone didn't come to some arrangement. And a combination with Sony is preferable to being swallowed up by Apple or Netflix.

Last edited:
Even if Rothman being gone by Sony is no sooner feat, but his contract with them is supposed to run until 2026 I think. Will he jump ship to Warner Bros or NBC Universal, a man could hope.

Any method of getting rid of Rothman is a good one.
What's sad is you could have incorporated the fake Storm script to lure Halle Berry with Singer's original idea for X3 where it was human trafficking ring involving mutants like the kids she rescued were later taken by them.

Rebel Moon part 2 is at 13% on RT. Why can't these critics understand great art.
I can't believe Michael Bay is more self-aware. He truly doesn't see himself as flawed. He's above criticism because they don't understand art. He's beyond help. He bought into his own hype. It's a cult.

I personally think it would be a tragedy for Paramount to be absorbed into another studio :csad:

Never mind all the lost jobs, economic repercussions, and the loss of an invaluable part of Hollywood lore. I've said before that competition is a very good thing. Monopolies lead to creative complacency, and the last thing this current marketplace needs is more half-assed content...

I personally think it would be a tragedy for Paramount to be absorbed into another studio :csad:

Never mind all the lost jobs, economic repercussions, and the loss of an invaluable part of Hollywood lore. I've said before that competition is a very good thing. Monopolies lead to creative complacency, and the last thing this current marketplace needs is more half-assed content...
Spider-Man meets The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Has Zaslav done anything genuinely valuable other than hire James Gunn?

Idk. He gave PTA $100M. That's pretty awesome. Idk if its "valuable" though.

Even if Rothman being gone by Sony is no sooner feat, but his contract with them is supposed to run until 2026 I think. Will he jump ship to Warner Bros or NBC Universal, a man could hope.

I dread Rothman potentially running WBD the way he did Fox and Sony. If you have a great relationship with Rothman like Baz Luhrmann or Danny Boyle, then you’re probably good making movies with his support.

But Rothman brought us the butchered Kingdom of Heaven, Fox-men, Madame Web and lots of mediocre children’s movies.

I dread Rothman potentially running WBD the way he did Fox and Sony. If you have a great relationship with Rothman like Baz Luhrmann or Danny Boyle, then you’re probably good making movies with his support.

But Rothman brought us the butchered Kingdom of Heaven, Fox-men, Madame Web and lots of mediocre children’s movies.

I’ll never forgive Rothman for that Dark Tower “adaptation.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"