The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Yeah the censorship here has always been a bit ridiculous... I'd love to see a poll if there's even anybody under 18 who uses this site
but it is what it is I suppose
F***** ******* *** ******* ************** **** *****...

I remember long ago there was a small group who wanted an 18+ section. Nothing ever came of it as it was easy to lie about your birthdate. Idk.

I feel like there should be an immunity rule for posting redband tv and movie trailers.

Yeah the censorship here has always been a bit ridiculous... I'd love to see a poll if there's even anybody under 18 who uses this site
but it is what it is I suppose
F***** ******* *** ******* ************** **** *****...
The number is probably zero. If kids are going to go to any message boards these days they'll just go to Reddit. They don't want to put up with fossils like us. :o

Loved the Wolverine/Deadpool trailer! Any concerns about Marvel Disneyfying the Deadpool property have been put to rest :snikt: :dpf:

I'm really starting to think this could possibly be the biggest movie of the year. Looking ahead at the schedule, the only film that could potentially dethrone it is Mufasa: The Lion King, or possibly Wicked if it really breaks out...
How funny would it be if Joker ends up being another billion dollar hit and out grosses Logan & Wade :hoboj::hq:

Honestly, given the quality of posting on various other forms of social media with no age limit based rules, I honestly think the rules make people post smarter and produce higher quality posts. People actually need to find ways to make their points without defaulting to f-bombs or just being needlessly crude for no reason.

Honestly, given the quality of posting on various other forms of social media with no age limit based rules, I honestly think the rules make people post smarter and produce higher quality posts. People actually need to find ways to make their points without defaulting to f-bombs or just being needlessly crude for no reason.
1713825158157.gif

Finally saw the Transformers One trailer in its entirety and yeah. This one looks far too kiddie for me.

I realise Transformers can be a kiddie property. But this is supposed to be the falling out of 2 brothers leading to a war which ravages the face of their planet. Not exactly the time to be joking around and acting silly for me.

So I am out for that one unfortunately, even as a big TF fan.

Lowkey would like them to attempt to revive AIM as a messaging platform. I know I'm a loon. 🙃

I saw SM-2 again on the big screen after almost 20 years. My former workplace put it in the largest auditorium and it was halfway full. I paid full price and it was STILL worth it.

The Oscar winning VFX hold up extremely well and even after multiple watches you really appreciate the depth of Alvin Sargent’s screenplay— especially the Aunt May/Peter scenes. I still laughed, gasped and cried in the same spots.

Still didn’t like the Evil Dead esque Ock hospital scene— but hey, it’s a Raimi film. Still super intense (even without the blood) but it belonged in a different movie.

Still didn’t like the Evil Dead esque Ock hospital scene

it belonged in a different movie.
giphy.gif

Loved the Wolverine/Deadpool trailer! Any concerns about Marvel Disneyfying the Deadpool property have been put to rest :snikt: :dpf:

I'm really starting to think this could possibly be the biggest movie of the year. Looking ahead at the schedule, the only film that could potentially dethrone it is Mufasa: The Lion King, or possibly Wicked if it really breaks out...
How funny would it be if Joker ends up being another billion dollar hit and out grosses Logan & Wade :hoboj::hq:
After the last trailer for Deadpool and Joker, Deadpool is in front for me now. When these sequels were first announced I had little interest in either but Gaga/musical and Jackman/general MCU cameos got me interested again. Deadpool definitely won the last round though.

A Disneyfied Deadpool would have put off a lot of the fans of the first 2 films.

Finally saw the Transformers One trailer in its entirety and yeah. This one looks far too kiddie for me.

I realise Transformers can be a kiddie property. But this is supposed to be the falling out of 2 brothers leading to a war which ravages the face of their planet. Not exactly the time to be joking around and acting silly for me.

So I am out for that one unfortunately, even as a big TF fan.

I dunno, I think there may be enough that the trailer didn't highlight to be interesting.

I love Branagh’s Thor. Its the Thor movie that feels most like Thor from the comics and Hemsworth really embodied the character whereas Raganorok felt like Hemsworth just being himself and doing improv.

Yeah yeah i get it, you all love that movie and Waitit’s irreverent comedy but i personally really love the Norse regal-ness of Branagh’s take and the cinematography was top notch.

I completely agree with this.
Thor in Thor 1 and TDW feels more classic Thor that I know and love from the comics.

while Ragnarok and Love & Thunder were both good and enjoyable...but in terms of Thor character himself, both movies have turned him into a sitcom version of the character. lol

same for Loki...i know he is a fan favorite that now Marvel Studios has made him into some kind of anti hero rather than straight up villain, but I want to see the cunning, ruthless and manipulative Loki from the comics.

Last edited:
Ironically Hemsworth looks the most “Thor” in Furiousa. He looks like classic Norse mythology Thor and im sure that was intentional on George Miller’s part.

Deadpool and Wolverine looks fun, I'll probably see it opening weekend if I'm free. Happy to finally see Wolverine in the yellow suit, hoping we get a mask at some point.

Agree with BG that AOU had some great stuff, but also some truly turrible bits. Scarjo's girlish nerd infatuated Widow was a huge comedown from her appearance in CA:TWS, going with disposable Ultron drones instead of fewer but more formidable versions was a mistake, and you never want to see your speedster get shot dead from a jet piloting Ultron when you could have given him a "Final Fate of the Flash" style heroic send off.

But the biggest problem aside from Ultron's lips was that it was never clear what the big fella wanted or why he wanted it. At various points he wanted to destroy the Avengers, then to wipe out half of humanity to allow it to change and eventually leave only metal things left alive. But why? What was the motivation for these destructive impulses? I was hoping it would have been clarified in a subsequent film, something like Ultron wanted to gird earth for a battle against an invasion by Thanos, but to date we haven't found out.
A few weeks ago I watched Age of Ultron all the way through for the first time in years.

Overall it was better than I remembered, but rushing Ultron still sticks out. Banner and Stark say "this is the key to creating Ultron" about 20 minutes into the movie, he shows up and is immediately evil.... Spader gave a good performance and overall I thought it hung together better than I remember (especially in the wake of their phase 4 misfires) but it's still comfortably the weakest Avengers movie and bottom-rung MCU IMO.

I can’t believe Disney spent that much ($326M) on Quantummania. It looks like a cheap Fox Marvel project from the early 2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"