The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Even lower than part one, which didn't have great numbers. I don't see this universe continuing.

So according to Snyder this is actually 10.7 million...:ninja:

EDIT: Thought it said 24.4. 😆

Wonder if Marvel will release a PG-13 cut of the film along with the (obviously) R-rated version of Deadpool/Wolverine.

No point leaving all that $$$ on the table. May as well go for the largest possible audience...

I gotta say too, I'm not typically a Ryan Reynolds fan but I'm glad his marketing muscle is behind the film. The man is a master at self-promotion (while somehow not quite stooping to Rock-level obnoxiousness) so he'll ensure the movie gets in front of the most potential eyeballs...

6QFbU2.gif

Wonder if Marvel will release a PG-13 cut of the film along with the (obviously) R-rated version of Deadpool/Wolverine.

No point leaving all that $$$ on the table. May as well go for the largest possible audience...

I gotta say too, I'm not typically a Ryan Reynolds fan but I'm glad his marketing muscle is behind the film. The man is a master at self-promotion (while somehow not quite stooping to Rock-level obnoxiousness) so he'll ensure the movie gets in front of the most potential eyeballs...

View attachment 88423

That reminds me what in the hell was the Deadpool Christmas movie...
I don't remember the PG-13 Deadpool 2 Christmas cut going over well at all. I don't think it makes a difference anyway. When I saw the original R-rated version of Deadpool 2 half the theater was made up of 10-13 year olds.

I don't remember the PG-13 Deadpool 2 Christmas cut going over well at all. I don't think it makes a difference anyway. When I saw the original R-rated version of Deadpool 2 half the theater was made up of 10-13 year olds.

Doesn't help that Once Upon a Deadpool had him with problematic Fred Savage.

I think Kevin Arnold has become persona non grata for his sexual harassment charges.

View attachment 88423

All...[checks notes] $6 million domestic it made? Yeah, I'm sure Feige is super concerned about that. Deadpool PG 13 only made some money because it got into China. Given how the Chinese market has evolved, it isn't worth it.

I think Kevin Arnold has become persona non grata for his sexual harassment charges.
For some reason I thought that the allegations didn't come out until more recently but nope, news about it first broke in the beginning of 2018 and Once Upon a Deadpool came out later that year. Consequences came later in the form of Savage getting fired from the Wonder Years reboot a few years back. Luckily for Ryan Reynolds and everyone else involved, nobody remembers that Once Upon A Deadpool was a thing, much less that Fred Savage was in it, including people who actually watched it (probably). :o

That was my thing too. With their access to Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man, I need the MCU to make NYC and their neighborhoods feel more like characters. Like you said, they started on that path with Homecoming and with Queens, but then it just deviated. That's what always made Marvel cool to me, their heroes were my fellow New Yorkers.

We need more web swinging through the city, more bad place's Kitchen and God PLEASE the Four Freedoms Plaza somewhere in the skyline soon.

Always wanted to visit NYC someday...its always on my bucket list 😃 i always see NYC as the most exotic city in the world haha😃 (also visiting Midtown Comics and Marvel HQ are one of my dreams hehe)
i have been to the west coast (SF) during my last trip to the US but never been to east coast...its weird since most of my fav NBA teams (philly, boston, NY, miami) are all from east coast, haha

(btw thrilled for the Knicks' dramatic win yesterday😁)

Last edited:
giphy.gif
IMG_4109.gif

Always wanted to visit NYC someday...its always on my bucket list 😃 i always see NYC as the most exotic city in the world haha😃 (also visiting Midtown Comics and Marvel HQ are one of my dreams hehe)
i have been to the west coast (SF) during my last trip to the US but never been to east coast...its weird since most of my fav NBA teams (philly, boston, NY, miami) are all from east coast, haha

(btw thrilled for the Knicks' dramatic win yesterday😁)
Come visit anytime! just dont overhype it, its not that exotic... although some of the people certainly are :funny:

I dunno, I much prefer having a director's vision and style in anything they're attached to instead of the same bland studio-controlled version of a movie as long as it fits and is executed well, and that Doc Ock scene fits so well with Raimi's Universal Monsters coded approach to the character with his style from the Evil Dead movies.

cb1ae2b699c2961cc981d847747548cdb20351f7.gifv

deec3a26e600b2c7202727f1e8dfc8fbf29c8ea1.gifv
This scene remains one of my favorite movie moments of all time. The lack of music and focus on pure terror fits so well and establishes how dangerous and scary Doc Ock can be. Obviously a homage to Raimis wonderful Evil Dead movies too, especially that chainsaw bit. I love this movie so damn much.

That episode of Boy Meets World aged too well.

It's crazy that episode also had one of the funniest gags from the whole series.

He was also in this movie yeeeears ago called "No One Would Tell", I caught it on Lifetime before. He played an abusive boyfriend to DJ from Full House, I always thought he played that part TOO well.

And lo and behold.
I really miss the cheesy made for tv movies with on-the-nose titles starring television actors. It reminds me of a line from a sitcom from the 90’s (can’t remember which one) that stuck with me where a mom whose son had just come out tells him that she understood the challenges with prejudice that the gay community faces because she had watched a made for tv movie called “No Son of Mine” starring Jason Preistley and Fred Dwyer.

I'm late to the discussion, but I don't share the critiques of MCU spider man.

I understand that it's probably not as good as Raimi's, but they did the best with what they could. They had to make something different, they had to deal with Pascal, and so the most obvious way to do that was a younger spider man, and one that is integrated in the MCU. There are both pros and cons to having him as Tony Stark's protege, but they did a really good version of that. I remember a scene of Jon Favreau's character looking at him in awe because he admired how much he resembled Stark.

I thought that all three of the MCU spider man movies were good and did something different.

In contrast, the issue with ASM, the primary issue I think, was that Orci and Kurtzmann can't write a coherent script. I think they're from the Abrams school, they make dumb convoluted conspiracy plots. I liked the casting in those movies. I liked the main ideas. But they didn't work because the scripts were totally nonsensical, with ASM2 being even worse than ASM1. In spite of that I guess liked Garfield because I was happy when he showed up in SM3. And they even made electro work in that movie, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"