The Superhero Cinematic Civil War

Probably the only superhero that works for a television show. Super speed isn't as difficult as say a Superman or Supergirl have to deal with. Though the less we talk about the time The Flash used Lightning Sabers, the better.
I stopped watching the CW show after season 4, is this a thing that happened lol?

Probably the only superhero that works for a television show. Super speed isn't as difficult as say a Superman or Supergirl have to deal with. Though the less we talk about the time The Flash used Lightning Sabers, the better.

Awesome edit though.

Between that and the Sailor Moon He-man, the internet was good for a time.

I stopped watching the CW show after season 4, is this a thing that happened lol?
I stopped watching during season 3. When it was clear to me the big bad of season 3 was yet another evil speedster, I rage quit and never went back. 3 seasons and that's all ya got? Done, lol! I gave up on all the CW shows that same time. Popped back in for Crisis. Was embarrassed for everyone that they had to be in something that was legit Inhumans levels of crap, never went back lol

I stopped watching during season 3. When it was clear to me the big bad of season 3 was yet another evil speedster, I rage quit and never went back. 3 seasons and that's all ya got? Done, lol! I gave up on all the CW shows that same time. Popped back in for Crisis. Was embarrassed for everyone that they had to be in something that was legit Inhumans levels of crap, never went back lol
The bigger crime was wasting Grodd for Obama puns in Legends of Tommorrow instead of here.

The bigger crime was wasting Grodd for Obama puns in Legends of Tommorrow instead of here.

I dont know, seems to me the biggest crime was never showing the Anti-Monitor like...at all in your Crisis event and in fact having less screentime than a giant blue bear. That told me all I needed to about the quality of the universe

I dont know, seems to me the biggest crime was never showing the Anti-Monitor like...at all in your Crisis event and in fact having less screentime than a giant blue bear. That told me all I needed to about the quality of the universe
Anti-Monitor in the Arrowverse? The CW would only greenlight him if he was a sexy teen boy instead.

It's crazy to me that an animated series can have such great writing. Seriously, why hasn't Marvel/Disney been putting out quality shows like this before if they always had the right ingredients in front of them?

X-Men 97 is leaps and bounds above any of the other Disney Plus stuff IMO. Hopefully, it continues that way in the upcoming weeks, but I have no reason to doubt them right now.

We don't like to accept it here, but art is hard, and picking the right artist is even harder. Marvel must have thousands of people who want to write them, and it's not easy to predict who will do the best job. And sometimes they do hire the best person, but it doesn't work out, because nobody bats 1.000.

The only CW DC shows I watched were Smallville and Supergirl, and both grew more difficult to watch as the seasons went on, but I thought that the highs of both shows were pretty good.

Superman & Lois was easily the jewel in the DC CW crown, imo. So at least they saved the best for last. Very sad to see it go, but they gave us the best live-action Superman to date as far as I’m concerned, so their place in the Superman legacy is secure. Looking forward to the final season and the next era for the character, and grateful to still have MAWS and Superman 2025 to look forward to next. All in all, great time to be a Supes fan!!! :supes:

Superman & Lois was easily the jewel in the DC CW crown, imo. So at least they saved the best for last. Very sad to see it go, but they gave us the best live-action Superman to date as far as I’m concerned, so their place in the Superman legacy is secure. Looking forward to the final season and the next era for the character, and grateful to still have MAWS and Superman 2025 to look forward to next. All in all, great time to be a Supes fan!!! :supes:
But they also put that one on its own island, which helped it lol

Spider-Man 2 in theaters again, even with it being a bad transfer, was majestic.

Like I said, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The fact that SM-2 put up a larger number per theater average than the new Kirsten Dunst movie on Monday says a lot.

I stand by my comments: Sony and Marvel would make $900M-$1B on a Sam Raimi SM-4 with Tobey and Kirsten back. The talk about audiences getting confused about which Spider-man is bull after getting three different Batmen in the space of six years.

They announced The Flash show from the 90's will be released on Blu-ray in June, has anyone ever seen this and is it any good?

It has a great score by Shirley Walker, she made great mileage out of Danny Elfman’s main theme. It actually got her the gig for working on the Batman and Superman animated series after.

Like I said, nostalgia is a powerful thing. The fact that SM-2 put up a larger number per theater average than the new Kirsten Dunst movie on Monday says a lot.
I get what you're saying about nostalgia but I don't think there's anything surprising about a one-night only limited engagement of one of the most beloved superhero movies of all time grossing more than an R-rated dystopian thriller on a Monday in its third week of release.

I stand by my comments: Sony and Marvel would make $900M-$1B on a Sam Raimi SM-4 with Tobey and Kirsten back. The talk about audiences getting confused about which Spider-man is bull after getting three different Batmen in the space of six years.
That ultimately doesn't matter. As I have said many times I dont know this as an absolute but i am very sure I am right: Marvel Studios more than likely has the live action license for Spider-Man and likely a non-compete. Meaning only Marvel Studios during the Sony partnership can make live action Spider-Man movies. Hence why Sony is doing Spider-Man adjacent stuff and why Aunt May and Peter Parker and such never got mentioned by name in Madame Web. Marvel Studios no doubt wouldn't want competing live action Spider-Man films while they're doing the Tom Holland ones. Dilutes their brand when there is competition. So more than likely, Sony cannot legally make a SM4 until they end the partnership.

Again, I don't know this for a fact. But I am very certain this is the case.

As much as I'd be there, my expectation on it happening are nearly zero. Two solo Spidey movies of separate iterations going on simultaneously may feel like risking over-saturation and confusion with the general audience for Sony/Marvel. Especially when both Tobey and Tom's next movie would be their fourth entries.

Now seeing Tobey and Garfield as main players in Secret Wars or even appearing in something like Deadpool/Wolverine is much more probable. In fact I can almost guarantee that will be the case.

Man, was that episode of X-Men 97 awesome! Rogue was pretty awesome, those cameos, the action sequences, the twists!

Bastion showing up was pretty cool! Only reason I knew who he was was after playing X-Men Next Dimension as a kid on XBox!

Man, was that episode of X-Men 97 awesome! Rogue was pretty awesome, those cameos, the action sequences, the twists!

Bastion showing up was pretty cool! Only reason I knew who he was was after playing X-Men Next Dimension as a kid on XBox!

That last scene with him and Magnus, and the voice and that song gave me the creeps. I’m still creeped out thinking about it.

I started watching the original X Men cartoon. I think it holds up well so far.

Very much so. Gave us the best suit up of all time:

IMG_9930.gif

No comment about the last season though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"